From: robert.wolfe@VERT/OTHETA (ROBERT WOLFE)
To: PAULIE420
Subject: Re: Microphones
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 04:12:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Pro-Audio
 by: ROBERT WOLFE - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 04:12 UTC

On Jan 16, 2022 01:17pm, PAULIE420 wrote to MATTHEW MUNSON:

P> I mean.... if you connect a decent microphone you could record with an
P> iPad, iPhone or any other device... but I don't think the stock iPad or
P> iPhone mic is good enough... the iMac is a TAD better - but I think any
P> podcaster should at LEAST grab a $100 Blue Pro.

P> Theres a myriad of other options, too - USB or direct... from $100 -
P> $500 and beyond.

P> But you can get a lot at $150-200. IMO, start w/ a $99 Blue and see if
P> its enough...

Yeah, I use a mixer between my audio inputs and the computer I record on.
Basically I use my laptop with the earphone jacket connect to one of the
inputs on my mixer and the record/output jackets going to the line
in/microphone jack on the laptop and it works just fine. Have two mics, my PC
audio and one smartkphone going into the mixer, so it mixes things up very
nicely when I need it.

I really need to set up my podcasting gear and get back into it again.

.... Platinum Xpress & Wildcat!..... Nice!!!!
---
■ wcQWK 8.0 ≈ Omicron Theta * Cordova, TN * winserver.org