From: jason.van.horne@VERT (Jason Van Horne)
To: alt.bbs.synchronet
Subject: Re: Infocom doors..
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2023 12:22:36 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Jason Van Horne - Wed, 9 Aug 2023 19:22 UTC

From Newsgroup: alt.bbs.synchronet

On Sunday, September 5, 2021 at 7:08:08�PM UTC-4, Tracker1 wrote:
> To: Shane O'Neill
> On 7/16/2021 3:28 PM, Shane O'Neill wrote:
> > I have tried all kinds of settings with the same result, currently:
> >
> > �Name Zork I
> > �Internal Code ZORKI
>
> I know this is kind of old... IIRC, you can load/save games in Zork...
> you may want to copy the executable into a per user directory, so that
> each user can load/save their own game state.
>
> Assuming you otherwise have this working... it'll add a bit of disk
> usage, but likely not too big of a problem... and/or change to a running
> directory per-user, but this may not work as intended. Should test it.
> --
> Michael J. Ryan - trac...@roughneckbbs.com
> ---
> � Synchronet � Roughneck BBS - roughneckbbs.com
> --- Synchronet 3.19a-Win32 NewsLink 1.113
> * Vertrauen - Riverside County, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net
I've been looking for a way to make Infocom games available to my MajorBBS users and also allow them the ability to save and load their games - so their progress isn't lost when they log out. Has anyone found a way of doing this? I've found Frotzdoor, but have not been able to dive deeply into it yet.
Would really love to see this become a reality... we run MBBSV10 on a WIndows 2019 server... I think Frotz needs Linux??
If there's anyone familiar with BBSs and Infocom games/doors/porting... I'd be willing to discuss compensating someones time, as best I could, to get an solution up and running.
Thanks for a good thread! Nice to see people still into the old school text games.
J --- Synchronet 3.20a-Linux NewsLink 1.114
� Synchronet � Vertrauen � Home of Synchronet � [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Re: Infocom doors..

<64D40FB0.9205.sync@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1307&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1307

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Jason Van Horne
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2023 17:14:08 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: MRO - Wed, 9 Aug 2023 22:14 UTC

Re: Re: Infocom doors..
By: Jason Van Horne to alt.bbs.synchronet on Wed Aug 09 2023 12:22 pm

> From Newsgroup: alt.bbs.synchronet
>
> On Sunday, September 5, 2021 at 7:08:08¡PM UTC-4, Tracker1 wrote:
> > To: Shane O'Neill
> > I know this is kind of old... IIRC, you can load/save games in Zork...
> > you may want to copy the executable into a per user directory, so that
> > each user can load/save their own game state.

you are posting in the wrong area.
i would move it and reply but you are posting on newsgroups

i use doorway with synchronet, using netfoss as the fossil.
i had to do a screenshot because my editor was quitting when i pasted.

https://i.imgur.com/Z2qLsLi.png
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: Infocom doors..

<64D4698A.9212.sync@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1314&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1314

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Jason Van Horne
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2023 23:37:30 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: MRO - Thu, 10 Aug 2023 04:37 UTC

Re: Re: Infocom doors..
By: MRO to Jason Van Horne on Wed Aug 09 2023 05:14 pm

> i use doorway with synchronet, using netfoss as the fossil.

here ya go. i have more time to post the doorway settings

[hitchhiker's g2g]
1: Name hitchhiker's g2g
2: Internal Code HHGG
3: Start-up Directory c:\sbbs\xtrn\scifi
4: Command Line nf.bat /N%# /H%H hhgg.bat %#
5: Clean-up Command Line
6: Execution Cost None
7: Access Requirements
8: Execution Requirements
9: Multiple Concurrent Users No
10: I/O Method Socket
11: Native Executable/Script Yes
12: Use Shell or New Context No
13: Modify User Data No
14: Execute on Event No
15: Pause After Execution No
16: BBS Drop File Type GAP DOOR.SYS
17: Place Drop File In Node Directory
18: Time Options...

Which (Help or Quit):

-+-

hhgg.bat

copy c:\sbbs\node%1\door.sys
echo DO YOU WANT COLOR?
DOORWAY SYSF /S:c:\sbbs\node%1 /G:ON /O /H /V:D /D /M:60 /I:WELCOME.ANS /B:MSZ /P:hitch.exe /FC

https://pastebin.com/LXTjqnqG
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

dovenet / Synchronet Discussion / Re: Infocom doors..