From: dogbreath@VERT/FGS (dogbreath)
To: Nightfox
Subject: SyncTERM copy and paste
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 01:02:06 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: dogbreath - Tue, 14 Feb 2023 06:02 UTC

Re: SyncTERM copy and paste
By: Nightfox to dogbreath on Wed Jan 18 2023 06:39 pm

> Yes.. You can copy text from SyncTerm just by highlighting it, and it will
> automatically be copied to the clipboard. To paste into SyncTerm,
> right-click into the SyncTerm window.

Ehhhh....I cant highlight or right click in synchterm.
Is there a setting or something in synchterm that controls that?

---
■ Synchronet ■ 4FGS-4fgs.com-152.117.82.75

SyncTERM copy and paste

<63EBC6D3.83143.dove_sync@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=127&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#127

From: nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST (Nightfox)
To: dogbreath
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 02:37:23 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Nightfox - Tue, 14 Feb 2023 10:37 UTC

Re: SyncTERM copy and paste
By: dogbreath to Nightfox on Tue Feb 14 2023 08:02 am

>> Yes.. You can copy text from SyncTerm just by highlighting it, and it
>> will automatically be copied to the clipboard. To paste into
>> SyncTerm, right-click into the SyncTerm window.

do> Ehhhh....I cant highlight or right click in synchterm.
do> Is there a setting or something in synchterm that controls that?

Not that I know of.

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com

SyncTERM copy and paste

<63EC1892.49008.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=131&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#131

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: dogbreath
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 08:26:10 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Digital Man - Tue, 14 Feb 2023 16:26 UTC

Re: SyncTERM copy and paste
By: dogbreath to Nightfox on Tue Feb 14 2023 08:02 am

> Re: SyncTERM copy and paste
> By: Nightfox to dogbreath on Wed Jan 18 2023 06:39 pm
>
> > Yes.. You can copy text from SyncTerm just by highlighting it, and it
> > will automatically be copied to the clipboard. To paste into SyncTerm,
> > right-click into the SyncTerm window.
>
> Ehhhh....I cant highlight or right click in synchterm.
> Is there a setting or something in synchterm that controls that?

No, that functionality is a combination of your window manager and the interface "mode" in which SyncTERM is run. Experiment with the different '-i' command-line options and you'll find different behavior.

If the BBS enables mouse support in the terminal, the mouse can no longer be used for copy/paste operations unless you're in scrollback (Alt-B) mode.

And, it's SyncTERM, not "synchterm".
--
digital man (rob)

Sling Blade quote #11:
Doyle Hargraves (to Karl): What in the hell you doin' with that hammer?
Norco, CA WX: 53.1°F, 66.0% humidity, 2 mph ENE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

dovenet / Synchronet Discussion / SyncTERM copy and paste