From: arrl.de.wd1cks@VERT/WLARB (ARRL de WD1CKS)
To: QST
Subject: ARRL Straight Key Night 2024
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2023 16:50:47 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: ARRL de WD1CKS - Sun, 24 Dec 2023 16:50 UTC

12/24/2023

 ARRL  The National Association for Amateur Radio[1]¿ Straight Key Night (SKN)
is held on January 1, 2024, from 0000 UTC through 2359 UTC.

Many hams look forward to SKN as one of the highlights of their operating year.

Operators participate using Morse code (CW). All you need is your favorite
straight key or bug. Many participants dust off vintage radios and keys and put
them back into service each year just for this event.

SKN is not a contest, so there's no need for quick exchanges. However, all hand
keys, regardless of age, are welcome. The number of contacts you make is not
important. The reward is meeting new friends as you get together on the air.

Send a list of stations contacted, SKN stories and photos, and your votes for
Best Fist and Most Interesting QSO to straightkey@arrl.org[2] by January 31,
2024.

More information is available at www.arrl.org/straight-key-night[3]

[1] https://www.arrl.org/
[2] mailto:StraightKey@arrl.org
[3] http://www.arrl.org/straight-key-night

---
■ Synchronet ■ Whiskey Lover's Amateur Radio BBS

ARRL Straight Key Night 2024

<658B08A4.248.dove-ham@kf4yey.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1224&group=DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio#1224

From: khronos@VERT/CWSHACK (Khronos)
To: QST
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2023 12:08:52 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: Khronos - Tue, 26 Dec 2023 17:08 UTC

Re: ARRL Straight Key Night 2024
By: ARRL de WD1CKS to QST on Sun Dec 24 2023 16:50:47

Hi,
I will be operating with my straight key.
I like to always hear all those old transmitters on the air and what they sounded like back in the day before my time.

KF4YEY

---
■ Synchronet ■ Cw Shack Bbs telnet kf4yey.com 2330