From: arrl.de.wd1cks@VERT/WLARB (ARRL de WD1CKS)
To: QST
Subject: 2024 ARRL National Convention to be at Hamvention
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 19:14:02 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: ARRL de WD1CKS - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 19:14 UTC

12/15/2023

 ARRL and Hamvention¿ have announced that Hamvention will host the 2024 ARRL
National Convention, May 17, 18, and 19 at the Greene County Fairgrounds in
Xenia, Ohio. Hamvention is the world's largest annual gathering of radio
amateurs and has been sponsored by the Dayton Amateur Radio Association (DARA)
since 1952.

"We are pleased to unveil our 2024 logo and theme," announced 2024 Hamvention
General Chair Jim Storms, AB8YK, and the Hamvention team. "The theme is
'Expanding our Community'. This is in support of the growth of amateur radio
worldwide."

Hamvention Awards Chair Michael Kalter, W8CI, also shared a reminder that the
nomination period is open to submit nominations for 2024 Hamvention Awards,
including the Amateur of the Year, Technical Achievement, Special Achievement,
and Club of the Year awards. More information about the awards can found on the
Hamvention website, and nominations will close on February 15, 2024.

ARRL is building a program for its National Convention that will include
presentations and forums, more than a dozen exhibits, and activities for young
hams. Once finalized, the National Convention program will be published at
www.arrl.org/expo[1].

Hamvention urged "everyone to purchase their tickets and make their room
reservations early to avoid the rush." Visit the Hamvention website for more
information and to order tickets at www.hamvention.org[2].

[1] https://www.arrl.org/expo
[2] https://www.hamvention.org/

---
■ Synchronet ■ Whiskey Lover's Amateur Radio BBS