From: codefenix@VERT/CONCHAOS (Codefenix)
To: All
Subject: Can't seem to move files around
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 04:09:55 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Codefenix - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 09:09 UTC

I'm trying to move files from my Main-Uploads directory to other directories from within the BBS.

I list the files in my Uploads directory, press the sysop key M and select the file I want to move, then select the appropriate library & directory for it, at which point the file size color changes red and has a red hyphen next to it, which I assume denotes a file move in progress. I repeat this for the rest of the files I want to move, and exit the list. When I re-list the Uploads directory, I find that the files I tried to move are still there instead of having moved, and the file size color back to normal.

I feel like I'm missing something obvious and skipping a step.

|01<|09co|03d|11e|15ƒ|11e|03n|09ix|01>|07
---
■ Synchronet ■ -=[ ConstructiveChaos BBS | conchaos.synchro.net ]=-

Can't seem to move files around

<63E7F3B4.48977.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=103&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#103

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: Codefenix
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 04:59:48 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Digital Man - Sat, 11 Feb 2023 12:59 UTC

Re: Can't seem to move files around
By: Codefenix to All on Sat Feb 11 2023 11:09 am

> I'm trying to move files from my Main-Uploads directory to other directories
> from within the BBS.
>
> I list the files in my Uploads directory, press the sysop key M and select
> the file I want to move, then select the appropriate library & directory for
> it, at which point the file size color changes red and has a red hyphen next
> to it, which I assume denotes a file move in progress. I repeat this for the
> rest of the files I want to move, and exit the list. When I re-list the
> Uploads directory, I find that the files I tried to move are still there
> instead of having moved, and the file size color back to normal.
>
> I feel like I'm missing something obvious and skipping a step.

No, that's the right steps, it just sounds like a bug. I tried it myself and could reproduce the behavior you're describing.

Most likely the bug was introduced with the addition of the new filebase support (v3.19), but nobody's reported it before now.
--
digital man (rob)

Synchronet "Real Fact" #66:
Synchronet was conceived of and mostly developed in southern California
Norco, CA WX: 61.0°F, 53.0% humidity, 2 mph E wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Can't seem to move files around

<63E8FA97.13136.dove-net2007@conchaos.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=105&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#105

From: codefenix@VERT/CONCHAOS (Codefenix)
To: Digital Man
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 02:41:27 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Codefenix - Sun, 12 Feb 2023 07:41 UTC

Re: Can't seem to move files around
By: Digital Man to Codefenix on Sat Feb 11 2023 11:59 am

DM> No, that's the right steps, it just sounds like a bug. I tried it myself
DM> and could reproduce the behavior you're describing.

DM> Most likely the bug was introduced with the addition of the new filebase
DM> support (v3.19), but nobody's reported it before now.

OK, thanks for confirming.

It doesn't look like there's any utility that moves files, so until the bug is fixed, I suppose I could move files around manually outside of SBBS and then use delfiles and addfiles to clean up the filebase. Is that the best option for now, or is there a cleaner method I'm overlooking?

|01<|09co|03d|11e|15ƒ|11e|03n|09ix|01>|07
---
■ Synchronet ■ -=[ ConstructiveChaos BBS | conchaos.synchro.net ]=-

Can't seem to move files around

<63E9635E.48981.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=106&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#106

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: Codefenix
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 07:08:30 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Digital Man - Sun, 12 Feb 2023 15:08 UTC

Re: Can't seem to move files around
By: Codefenix to Digital Man on Sun Feb 12 2023 09:41 am

> Re: Can't seem to move files around
> By: Digital Man to Codefenix on Sat Feb 11 2023 11:59 am
>
> DM> No, that's the right steps, it just sounds like a bug. I tried it
> DM> myself and could reproduce the behavior you're describing.
>
> DM> Most likely the bug was introduced with the addition of the new
> DM> filebase support (v3.19), but nobody's reported it before now.
>
> OK, thanks for confirming.
>
> It doesn't look like there's any utility that moves files, so until the bug
> is fixed, I suppose I could move files around manually outside of SBBS and
> then use delfiles and addfiles to clean up the filebase. Is that the best
> option for now, or is there a cleaner method I'm overlooking?

I already committed the fix. And the bug did no exist in v3.19 after-all.
--
digital man (rob)

Sling Blade quote #18:
Karl Childers: Some folks call it Hell, I call it Hades.
Norco, CA WX: 56.9°F, 53.0% humidity, 8 mph SE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Can't seem to move files around

<63EA3EFD.13151.dove-net2007@conchaos.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=118&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#118

From: codefenix@VERT/CONCHAOS (Codefenix)
To: Digital Man
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 01:45:33 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Codefenix - Mon, 13 Feb 2023 06:45 UTC

Re: Can't seem to move files around
By: Digital Man to Codefenix on Sun Feb 12 2023 02:08 pm

DM> I already committed the fix. And the bug did no exist in v3.19 after-all.

Nice! Confirmed working in ae44ab153.

|01<|09co|03d|11e|15ƒ|11e|03n|09ix|01>|07
---
■ Synchronet ■ -=[ ConstructiveChaos BBS | conchaos.synchro.net ]=-

dovenet / Synchronet Discussion / Can't seem to move files around