From: fusion@VERT/CFBBS (fusion)
To: Phigan
Subject: Re: how to tune into ham radio?
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 17:07:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: fusion - Sat, 26 Aug 2023 17:07 UTC

On 25 Aug 2023, Phigan said the following...
Ph> I didn't click this yet, but if it's a link to a Baofeng UV-5R, I highly
Ph> recommend anything BUT this :). Like maybe a Quansheng UV-K5 which can

hah, i'm not that evil. it's a UV-82.

Ph> recommend anything BUT this :). Like maybe a Quansheng UV-K5 which can

yeah i've been wanting to check that one out. apparently the firmware was hacked so now there's all sorts of custom stuff that can be done with it. we'll see how long it's cheap once the manufacturer starts using the open source firmware as their own..

* Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi