"I may be synthetic, but I'm not stupid" -- the artificial person, from _Aliens_

dovenet / General / Re: Young People

SubjectAuthor
* Young Peoplehollowone
`* Young PeopleMoondog
 `* Young PeopleArelor
  `* Young PeopleHusTler
   +* Young PeopleArelor
   |`* Young PeopleGamgee
   | +- Young PeopleArelor
   | `- Young PeopleMoondog
   `* Young PeoplePorosz
    `* Young PeopleMRO
     +* Young PeopleDumas Walker
     |`- Young PeopleMRO
     `* Young PeoplePorosz
      `- Re: Young PeopleMRO

1
Re: Young People

<646F4D64.127611.dove-gen@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1028&group=DOVE-Net.General#1028

From: hollowone@VERT/BEERS20 (hollowone)
To: Moondog
Subject: Re: Young People
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 04:30:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: hollowone - Thu, 25 May 2023 04:30 UTC

Mo> Funny thing is I've seen several guys change their behavior drastically
Mo> for some trim. They will shit on their best lifelong friends for a
Mo> woman. The same dudes that say things like, "bros before hoes" pull a
Mo> 180 when they're no longer single

That's your perspective, sometimes there is a reason you don't see ;).

As there is a reason for a simple truth told as men's joke in my part of the world:

Q: Do you know why divorces are so expensive?
A: Because they are worth it!

-h1

.... Xerox Alto was the thing. Anything after we use is just a mere copy.

Re: Young People

<647020A9.81194.dove-gen@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1034&group=DOVE-Net.General#1034

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: hollowone
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 22:59:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Moondog - Fri, 26 May 2023 02:59 UTC

Re: Re: Young People
By: hollowone to Moondog on Thu May 25 2023 04:30 am

> Mo> Funny thing is I've seen several guys change their behavior drastically
> Mo> for some trim. They will shit on their best lifelong friends for a
> Mo> woman. The same dudes that say things like, "bros before hoes" pull a
> Mo> 180 when they're no longer single
>
> That's your perspective, sometimes there is a reason you don't see ;).
>
> As there is a reason for a simple truth told as men's joke in my part of the
>
> Q: Do you know why divorces are so expensive?
> A: Because they are worth it!
>
> -h1
>
> ... Xerox Alto was the thing. Anything after we use is just a mere copy.

Whatever the reason is I cannot see, it's pretty shitty when a lifelong
friend acts like a total stranger when you run into them in public with their
girlfriend. If you cannot say hi to a friend or acknowledge their
existence, I hope it's worth destroying a friendship.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

Re: Young People

<64705553.31512.dove-general@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1038&group=DOVE-Net.General#1038

From: arelor@VERT/PALANTIR (Arelor)
To: Moondog
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 01:44:35 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Arelor - Fri, 26 May 2023 06:44 UTC

Re: Re: Young People
By: Moondog to hollowone on Thu May 25 2023 10:59 pm

> Whatever the reason is I cannot see, it's pretty shitty when a lifelong
> friend acts like a total stranger when you run into them in public with thei > girlfriend. If you cannot say hi to a friend or acknowledge their
> existence, I hope it's worth destroying a friendship.

I have already seen that happen, just the way you describe.

Statistics make the argument: romantic relationships are NOT likely to last,
specially in these days when relationships are so shallow. Chances are half thecomitted relationships will end up in divorce. Meanwhile, friendships tend to
be a lasting thing. If you crush a friendship for the sake of a romantic
relationship you are destroying something that took a lot of effort to built
and had a lot of potential for something that will likely break in the medium
run.

--
gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
■ Synchronet ■ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

Re: Young People

<6470E165.12309.dove-gen@x-bit.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1041&group=DOVE-Net.General#1041

From: hustler@VERT/XBITBBS (HusTler)
To: Arelor
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 09:42:13 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: HusTler - Fri, 26 May 2023 16:42 UTC

Re: Re: Young People
By: Arelor to Moondog on Fri May 26 2023 01:44 am

> be a lasting thing. If you crush a friendship for the sake of a romantic
> relationship you are destroying something that took a lot of effort to built
> and had a lot of potential for something that will likely break in the mediu
> run.

Are you saying don't marry a friend? Don't have sex with your friend? Don't
make friends with someone your not attracted to? WHat?

.... 1024x768x256... Sounds like one MEAN woman!

---
■ Synchronet ■ Do it @ the X: Sync: X-BIT.ORG <-> Spitfire: X-BIT.ORG:2323

Re: Young People

<6471F7EA.31520.dove-general@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1046&group=DOVE-Net.General#1046

From: arelor@VERT/PALANTIR (Arelor)
To: HusTler
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 07:30:34 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Arelor - Sat, 27 May 2023 12:30 UTC

Re: Re: Young People
By: HusTler to Arelor on Fri May 26 2023 09:42 am

> Re: Re: Young People
> By: Arelor to Moondog on Fri May 26 2023 01:44 am
>
> > be a lasting thing. If you crush a friendship for the sake of a romantic
> > relationship you are destroying something that took a lot of effort to bu > > and had a lot of potential for something that will likely break in the me > > run.
>
> Are you saying don't marry a friend? Don't have sex with your friend? Don't > make friends with someone your not attracted to? WHat?
>
> ... 1024x768x256... Sounds like one MEAN woman!
>
> ---
> ■ Synchronet ■ Do it @ the X: Sync: X-BIT.ORG <-> Spitfire: X-BIT.ORG:2323

I am saying it you get into a romantic relationship, you musn't overinvest in
it to the point you lose friends you already had.

I say this because I see this often and it rarely ends well. The romantic
relationship ends and then you are left without romance and without friends.

--
gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
■ Synchronet ■ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

Re: Young People

<64721584.31523.dove-general@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1048&group=DOVE-Net.General#1048

From: gamgee@VERT/PALANTIR (Gamgee)
To: Arelor
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 09:26:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Gamgee - Sat, 27 May 2023 14:26 UTC

-=> Arelor wrote to HusTler <=-

> > be a lasting thing. If you crush a friendship for the sake of a romantic
> > relationship you are destroying something that took a lot of effort to bu
> > and had a lot of potential for something that will likely break in the me

> Are you saying don't marry a friend? Don't have sex with your friend? Don't
> make friends with someone your not attracted to? WHat?

Ar> I am saying it you get into a romantic relationship, you musn't
Ar> overinvest in it to the point you lose friends you already had.

Ar> I say this because I see this often and it rarely ends well. The
Ar> romantic relationship ends and then you are left without romance
Ar> and without friends.

Hmmmm..... is it possible that the romantic relationship ends *BECAUSE*
you didn't "overinvest" in it? Or, perhaps didn't invest *enough*
because you were being careful to not overinvest?

Methinks that is not only possible, but likely.

.... All hope abandon, ye who enter messages here.
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
� Synchronet � Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

Re: Young People

<6472AC10.31529.dove-general@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1052&group=DOVE-Net.General#1052

From: arelor@VERT/PALANTIR (Arelor)
To: Gamgee
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 20:19:12 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Arelor - Sun, 28 May 2023 01:19 UTC

Re: Re: Young People
By: Gamgee to Arelor on Sat May 27 2023 09:26 am

> Hmmmm..... is it possible that the romantic relationship ends *BECAUSE*
> you didn't "overinvest" in it? Or, perhaps didn't invest *enough*
> because you were being careful to not overinvest?

The relationship will crash if you don't invest enough in it (for good reason).
Still I know a bunch of cases of people who clearly overinvest and then get
dumped, or used up until there is nothing to take advantage of.

Relationships are an investment, so don't spend more on them than you expect toget.

They are turbulent times and assets in the market are very low quality.
Preserving your capital is primordial. It is not worth wasting it in high-risk
operations.

--
gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
■ Synchronet ■ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

Re: Young People

<6472A545.81214.dove-gen@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1056&group=DOVE-Net.General#1056

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: Gamgee
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 20:50:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Moondog - Sun, 28 May 2023 00:50 UTC

Re: Re: Young People
By: Gamgee to Arelor on Sat May 27 2023 09:26 am

> -=> Arelor wrote to HusTler <=-
>
> > > be a lasting thing. If you crush a friendship for the sake of a romant
> > > relationship you are destroying something that took a lot of effort to
> > > and had a lot of potential for something that will likely break in the
>
> > Are you saying don't marry a friend? Don't have sex with your friend? Do
> > make friends with someone your not attracted to? WHat?
>
> Ar> I am saying it you get into a romantic relationship, you musn't
> Ar> overinvest in it to the point you lose friends you already had.
>
> Ar> I say this because I see this often and it rarely ends well. The
> Ar> romantic relationship ends and then you are left without romance
> Ar> and without friends.
>
> Hmmmm..... is it possible that the romantic relationship ends *BECAUSE*
> you didn't "overinvest" in it? Or, perhaps didn't invest *enough*
> because you were being careful to not overinvest?
>
> Methinks that is not only possible, but likely.
>

> ... All hope abandon, ye who enter messages here.

In a good relationship you can be yourself. You give and take. If you have
to abandon all you have to appease somebody, it sounds like a lopsided
relationship. Are you being loved for who you are, or are you trying to fit
in to some expectation that is not real?

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

Re: Young People

<64EBFE15.40595.dove-general@amigacity.xyz>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1923&group=DOVE-Net.General#1923

From: porosz@VERT/AMIGAC (Porosz)
To: HusTler
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 18:53:25 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Porosz - Sun, 27 Aug 2023 18:53 UTC

Re: Re: Young People
By: HusTler to Arelor on Fri May 26 2023 09:42:13

> Re: Re: Young People
> By: Arelor to Moondog on Fri May 26 2023 01:44 am
>
> > be a lasting thing. If you crush a friendship for the sake of a romantic
> > relationship you are destroying something that took a lot of effort to
> > built and had a lot of potential for something that will likely break in
> > the mediu run.
>
> Are you saying don't marry a friend? Don't have sex with your friend? Don't
> make friends with someone your not attracted to? WHat?
>
> ... 1024x768x256... Sounds like one MEAN woman!

AND that was 35 seconds --- not like you wan to live in a garage or a musesum

---
■ Synchronet ■ Amiga City - The BBS for the Amiga - more than 4,000+ files

Re: Young People

<64EC11B9.12270.dove-gen@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1924&group=DOVE-Net.General#1924

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Porosz
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 22:17:13 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: MRO - Mon, 28 Aug 2023 03:17 UTC

Re: Re: Young People
By: Porosz to HusTler on Sun Aug 27 2023 06:53 pm

> AND that was 35 seconds --- not like you wan to live in a garage or a
> musesum

what?
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: Young People

<64ECB29F.64069.dove-gen@capitolcityonline.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1927&group=DOVE-Net.General#1927

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: MRO
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 09:38:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Dumas Walker - Mon, 28 Aug 2023 14:38 UTC

> > AND that was 35 seconds --- not like you wan to live in a garage or a
> > musesum

> what?

I am guessing AI and/or spambot.

* SLMR 2.1a * My baby she wrote me a letter...

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Re: Young People

<64ECD5EF.12275.dove-gen@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1929&group=DOVE-Net.General#1929

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 12:14:23 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: MRO - Mon, 28 Aug 2023 17:14 UTC

Re: Re: Young People
By: Dumas Walker to MRO on Mon Aug 28 2023 09:38 am

> > > AND that was 35 seconds --- not like you wan to live in a garage or
> > > a musesum
>
> > what?
>
> I am guessing AI and/or spambot.

that's one of marissa's systems. i'm not sure how these spambots are getting into synchronet systems and doing this.
amigacity.xyz. they need to lock their shit down.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: Young People

<6596F89F.31493.dove-general@bbs.horizonbbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2648&group=DOVE-Net.General#2648

From: porosz@VERT/HZBBS (Porosz)
To: MRO
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 18:27:43 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: Porosz - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 02:27 UTC

Re: Re: Young People
By: MRO to Porosz on Sun Aug 27 2023 10:17 pm

Just saying is takes her about 35 seconds to find out that you are/arn't married, and buy the time to run the table, all that balls just sink.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Horizon bbs - bbs.horizonbbs.org

Re: Young People

<659826A5.12982.dove-gen@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=2668&group=DOVE-Net.General#2668

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Porosz
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 09:56:21 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.General
 by: MRO - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 15:56 UTC

Re: Re: Young People
By: Porosz to MRO on Thu Jan 04 2024 06:27 pm

> Re: Re: Young People
> By: MRO to Porosz on Sun Aug 27 2023 10:17 pm
>
> Just saying is takes her about 35 seconds to find out that you are/arn't
> married, and buy the time to run the table, all that balls just sink.

whatever dude. i'm not going back to aug of last year to read what you should have quoted.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::