From: jimmy.anderson@VERT/OTHETA (JIMMY ANDERSON)
To: WEATHERMAN
Subject: Re: C.O.P. .357
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 22:29:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: JIMMY ANDERSON - Mon, 17 Jul 2023 22:29 UTC

-=> WEATHERMAN wrote to JIMMY ANDERSON <=-

WE> I'll be the first to admit that it's a guilty pleasure. As mentioned
WE> before, trigger pull is horrible, there's nowhere near enough barrel
WE> for the rifling to stablize the projectile, sights are about on par
WE> with a low-end J-frame.....

WE> I just had to have it. I guess that's where I am in my collection, I
WE> have the meat and potatos, now I'm adding the gravy.

I understand! We have more guns that we can ever shoot, but we are
always still looking at new stuff... Wife's father passed away, and
mother wanted to keep a pistol and a shotgun and wanted my wife to
have the rest of it, so earlier today I shot a Beretta 92FS and CZ75
for the first time. :-)

WE> Wife is in the
WE> same place. She's got a couple of Henry tributes she'd like to grab,
WE> but today she picked up some limited edition North American Arms
WE> mini-revolvers that she really liked. Again, not a "shooter's gun" but
WE> a couple of nice conversation starters....

I saw an add for an NAA last year. Never owned one and didn't have a
desire for one, but I LOVED the way this one looked. What did she
get?

.... Tagline II: The Sequel.
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
■ wcQWK 8.0 ≈ The Minecraft Server @ 199.231.191.60

Re: C.O.P. .357

<64C60C84.98.dove-firearms@tlcbbs.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=99&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#99

From: weatherman@VERT/TLCBBS (Weatherman)
To: JIMMY ANDERSON
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 00:49:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Weatherman - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 06:49 UTC

-=> JIMMY ANDERSON wrote to WEATHERMAN <=-

-=> WEATHERMAN wrote to JIMMY ANDERSON <=-

WE> Wife is in the
WE> same place. She's got a couple of Henry tributes she'd like to grab,
WE> but today she picked up some limited edition North American Arms
WE> mini-revolvers that she really liked. Again, not a "shooter's gun" but
WE> a couple of nice conversation starters....

JA> I saw an add for an NAA last year. Never owned one and didn't have a
JA> desire for one, but I LOVED the way this one looked. What did she
JA> get?

She got a 1860 Sheriff .22 WMR. Hexagon barrel is engraved Independence Day
2022 and the grip has a US flag motif as well as the cylinder being blue with
50 white stars on it. Serial number begins with 1776. It's a bit larger than
most NAA revolvers with a "typical" SAA shaped grip - although it IS smaller
than on normal gun.

She also picked up a winter edition revolver. Pretty much the standard NAA
style revolver, but cerakoted a light blue color with a mountain engraved on
one side, snow flakes on the other and white pearlite grips. Came with a
cross-draw holster as well.

She's not much of a shooter any more, although she does enjoy putting a few
rounds through her Woodsman every now and again. Me... I've been having some
shoulder issues so I can't shoot for very long or things start to get real
achey... Still, I DO have some new acquisitions that are just begging to be
shot.... my AR-12 being one of them....

.... 2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2.
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.49
� Synchronet � The Lost Chord BBS - Cheyenne, WY

Re: C.O.P. .357

<6511C021.769.dove-firearms@final-zone.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=102&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#102

From: jimmy.anderson@VERT/FINALZON (Jimmy Anderson)
To: Weatherman
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 08:25:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Jimmy Anderson - Mon, 25 Sep 2023 13:25 UTC

-=> Weatherman wrote to JIMMY ANDERSON <=-

We> She got a 1860 Sheriff .22 WMR. Hexagon barrel is engraved
We> Independence Day 2022 and the grip has a US flag motif as well as the
We> cylinder being blue with 50 white stars on it. Serial number begins
We> with 1776. It's a bit larger than most NAA revolvers with a "typical"
We> SAA shaped grip - although it IS smaller than on normal gun.

Ah! Very cool! Sounds like a GREAT piece!

We> She also picked up a winter edition revolver. Pretty much the standard
We> NAA style revolver, but cerakoted a light blue color with a mountain
We> engraved on one side, snow flakes on the other and white pearlite
We> grips. Came with a cross-draw holster as well.

That's the one I'm sure I saw that made me go, "yeah, I'd like to have one of
those..." but never bought it...

We> She's not much of a shooter any more, although she does enjoy putting a
We> few rounds through her Woodsman every now and again. Me... I've been

My wife hasn't been shooting much either, lately, but it's HER idea next
week while on Fall Break to go to Natchez Trace State Park for a few days
and stay in a cabin to 'get away.' They have a shooting range and she's
excited to take 'some of daddy's guns' up there to shoot...

We> having some shoulder issues so I can't shoot for very long or things
We> start to get real achey... Still, I DO have some new acquisitions that
We> are just begging to be shot.... my AR-12 being one of them....

Ouch - yeah, I get that for sure... :(

.... C:\BELFRY is where I keep my .BAT files ^^^oo^^^
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
� Synchronet � Final Zone BBS - final-zone.net - finalzone.ddns.net