From: fakeshemp@VERT/BTTFBBS (Fakeshemp)
To: ALL
Subject: Re: Xenia Hamfest!
Date: Sun, 28 May 2023 21:14:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: Fakeshemp - Sun, 28 May 2023 21:14 UTC

Radio Man,

Congrats on the nice nikon find, and I'm sure your nephew will love the shirt.
On people watching, there was the tower hair girl, and at least a few others
with helmet antennas on. And I have this running joke with my wife that
everyone looks exactly like my friend at the event: tan/beige multiple pocket
vest, wide brim tan sun hat, shorts, white socks, sneakers, walking stick.
Once you see it, you can't unsee it. I'd like to come out California way
again, only been twice; once to March AFB, and once to San Fransisco for our
honeymoon.

-KC3GJU Greg
---
* QWK2WWIV * Back to the Future (bttfbbs.com)

Re: Xenia Hamfest!

<6474F0E7.10636.dove-ham@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1008&group=DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio#1008

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: Fakeshemp
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 11:37:27 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: Digital Man - Mon, 29 May 2023 18:37 UTC

Re: Re: Xenia Hamfest!
By: Fakeshemp to ALL on Sun May 28 2023 09:14 pm

> Congrats on the nice nikon find, and I'm sure your nephew will love the
> shirt.

The camera is for the nephew (he's enjoying very much), the shirt was for me (and my wife and daughters that always steal them).

> On people watching, there was the tower hair girl, and at least a few

Oh yeah, I know the look.

Some woman on a hamabout tried to steal my swag bag (the only thing of value in it at the time was my hoodie/jacket) while I was using the porta-pottie. Luckily my buds were watching out for me and caught her in the act. Learned my lesson: they may look like harmless and trustworthy old HAMs, but some are not.
--
digital man (rob)

Rush quote #29:
Nowhere is the dreamer or the misfit so alone
Norco, CA WX: 61.8°F, 82.0% humidity, 7 mph SSE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net