From: deon@VERT/ALTERANT (deon)
To: Digital Man
Subject: Compiling SBBS - error
Date: Tue, 16 May 2023 00:19:25 +1000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: deon - Mon, 15 May 2023 14:19 UTC

Hey DM,

I kicked off a compile today, and it errored with:

Installing to /opt/sbbs
cp -r /opt/sbbs/repo/src/sbbs3/gcc.linux.x64.exe.release/readsauce /opt/sbbs/exec/readsauce
cp -r /opt/sbbs/repo/src/sbbs3/gcc.linux.x64.exe.release/smbactiv /opt/sbbs/exec/smbactiv
cp: cannot stat '/opt/sbbs/repo/src/sbbs3/gcc.linux.x64.exe.release/smbactiv': No such file or directory
make: *** [GNUmakefile:195: install] Error 1

I saw that smbactive was removed recently (96a9243), but a quick search of code, sees reminants in GNUmakefile and other files, which I'm wondering is a cause of the problem...?

https://gitlab.synchro.net/search?group_id=2&project_id=13&repository_ref=master&scope=blobs&search=smbactiv

....δεσ∩

---
■ Synchronet ■ AnsiTEX bringing back videotex but with ANSI

Compiling SBBS - error

<64633195.46920.dove-syncdisc@bbs.dege.au>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1005&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1005

From: deon@VERT/ALTERANT (deon)
To: Digital Man
Date: Tue, 16 May 2023 17:32:37 +1000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: deon - Tue, 16 May 2023 07:32 UTC

Re: Compiling SBBS - error
By: deon to Digital Man on Tue May 16 2023 12:19 am

> I kicked off a compile today, and it errored with:
> '/opt/sbbs/repo/src/sbbs3/gcc.linux.x64.exe.release/smbactiv': No such file
> or directory
> make: *** [GNUmakefile:195: install] Error 1
>
> I saw that smbactive was removed recently (96a9243), but a quick search of
> code, sees reminants in GNUmakefile and other files, which I'm wondering is
> a cause of the problem...?
>
> https://gitlab.synchro.net/search?group_id=2&project_id=13&repository_ref=ma
> ste r&scope=blobs&search=smbactiv

Still happens with commit 5c12fc2e. :(

Another search of the repository shows install/GNUmakefile referencing smbactive. And that's the install GNUmakefile referenced by http://wiki.synchro.net/install:nix

....δεσ∩

---
■ Synchronet ■ AnsiTEX bringing back videotex but with ANSI

Compiling SBBS - error

<6463B181.49923.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1006&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1006

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: deon
Date: Tue, 16 May 2023 09:38:25 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Digital Man - Tue, 16 May 2023 16:38 UTC

Re: Compiling SBBS - error
By: deon to Digital Man on Tue May 16 2023 05:32 pm

> Re: Compiling SBBS - error
> By: deon to Digital Man on Tue May 16 2023 12:19 am
>
> > I kicked off a compile today, and it errored with:
> > '/opt/sbbs/repo/src/sbbs3/gcc.linux.x64.exe.release/smbactiv': No such
> > file or directory
> > make: *** [GNUmakefile:195: install] Error 1
>
> > I saw that smbactive was removed recently (96a9243), but a quick search
> > of code, sees reminants in GNUmakefile and other files, which I'm
> > wondering is a cause of the problem...?
>
> > https://gitlab.synchro.net/search?group_id=2&project_id=13&repository_ref
> > =ma ste r&scope=blobs&search=smbactiv
>
> Still happens with commit 5c12fc2e. :(

Make you just need to do a 'make clean' first?

> Another search of the repository shows install/GNUmakefile referencing
> smbactive. And that's the install GNUmakefile referenced by
> http://wiki.synchro.net/install:nix

Thanks. I don't think you're using that GNUmakefile however. That's a single-use install file - but still good to know that reference was there (and now removed).
--
digital man (rob)

Sling Blade quote #18:
Karl Childers: Some folks call it Hell, I call it Hades.
Norco, CA WX: 60.4°F, 98.0% humidity, 4 mph SSE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Compiling SBBS - error

<64640F95.46924.dove-syncdisc@bbs.dege.au>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1009&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1009

From: deon@VERT/ALTERANT (deon)
To: Digital Man
Date: Wed, 17 May 2023 09:19:49 +1000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: deon - Tue, 16 May 2023 23:19 UTC

Re: Compiling SBBS - error
By: Digital Man to deon on Tue May 16 2023 09:38 am

> > Still happens with commit 5c12fc2e. :(
>
> Make you just need to do a 'make clean' first?
>
> Thanks. I don't think you're using that GNUmakefile however. That's a
> single-use install file - but still good to know that reference was there
> (and now removed).

I run Synchronet in Docker, which by definition, building the container is a "clean install". So make clean not required (as it is a fresh git clone), and I launch the build using that GNUmakefile as per the wiki instructions.

I patched that file manually before sending my last message, and the compile completed successfully, so it is used as part of the install (as per the wiki? <confused>)

....δεσ∩

---
■ Synchronet ■ AnsiTEX bringing back videotex but with ANSI

Compiling SBBS - error

<646425CE.49928.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1011&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1011

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: deon
Date: Tue, 16 May 2023 17:54:38 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Digital Man - Wed, 17 May 2023 00:54 UTC

Re: Compiling SBBS - error
By: deon to Digital Man on Wed May 17 2023 09:19 am

> Re: Compiling SBBS - error
> By: Digital Man to deon on Tue May 16 2023 09:38 am
>
> > > Still happens with commit 5c12fc2e. :(
>
> > Make you just need to do a 'make clean' first?
>
> > Thanks. I don't think you're using that GNUmakefile however. That's a
> > single-use install file - but still good to know that reference was there
> > (and now removed).
>
> I run Synchronet in Docker, which by definition, building the container is a
> "clean install". So make clean not required (as it is a fresh git clone),
> and I launch the build using that GNUmakefile as per the wiki instructions.
>
> I patched that file manually before sending my last message, and the compile
> completed successfully, so it is used as part of the install (as per the
> wiki? <confused>)

Ah, I see. Yes, that install/GNUmakefile is used during install, so it was definitely an issue, I just didn't see how it was *your* issue - but now I do. Thanks,
--
digital man (rob)

Synchronet "Real Fact" #50:
JAM and Squish were considered before developing Synchronet Message Base format
Norco, CA WX: 74.1°F, 60.0% humidity, 8 mph ESE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Compiling SBBS - error

<648C49C6.45462.dove-syncdisc@roughneckbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=1089&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#1089

From: tracker1@VERT/TRN (Tracker1)
To: deon
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 11:38:46 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Tracker1 - Fri, 16 Jun 2023 11:38 UTC

Re: Compiling SBBS - error
By: deon to Digital Man on Wed May 17 2023 09:19:49

de> I run Synchronet in Docker, which by definition, building the container is
de> a "clean install". So make clean not required (as it is a fresh git
de> clone), and I launch the build using that GNUmakefile as per the wiki
de> instructions.

de> I patched that file manually before sending my last message, and the
de> compile completed successfully, so it is used as part of the install (as
de> per the wiki? <confused>)

FYI, I'll try and get the bbs-io for the 3.20a working this weekend if I have the time. It's been on my todo list for a while, but seem to encounter several issues with the data conversion with symlinked ctrl/data/xtrnnode* directories.

--
Michael J. Ryan
+o roughneckbbs.com

---
■ Synchronet ■ Roughneck BBS - roughneckbbs.com