From: brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com (Snit)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.computer.workshop
Subject: Re: Laptops overheat on your lap!
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2021 16:37:28 GMT
 by: Snit - Sat, 4 Sep 2021 16:37 UTC

On Sep 4, 2021 at 8:05:12 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
<op.087auyqcmvhs6z@ryzen.lan>:

>>> I do not. I go whenever it's clear. The lights are just bunching up when cars
>>> go different ways.
>>
>> Why not drive on the left side of the street? Why follow any government safety
>> demands?
>
> That's not safety, that's efficiency.

It is safety. You are doing what the government tells you to make things
safer. You are taking common sense safety precautions to protect yourself and
others.

Why make the exception with Covid?

> Having to dodge everything coming towards you and decide who goes where lowers
> the possible speed you can go at.

Easier to dodge a car you can see than a virus you cannot.

>>> If we drove on random sides, we'd all crash with a very short time and have no
>>> working cars left.
>>
>> It would not be nearly as safe -- like not wearing a mask in a pandemic.
>
> I'm not stopping you. Just don't insist I'm safe.

And if I drive on the left and ignore red lights you have not right to insist
I am safe, right?

Again: you pretend this is about you and only you. That is a fiction. Your
harm to others is not just about you.

>>> For example, wearing a seatbelt is for safety. Wearing a parachute is because
>>> you have to. The first one has a tiny chance of a problem, the second is 100%.

>>> The evidence was given to you, the amount dying of it is a fraction of the
>>> population growth. Not worth writing home about.
>>
>> Who argued against the numbers you gave? You just reached irrational
>> conclusion from them.
>
> What's irrational about it?

It ignores the number of people getting sick and dying. It ignores the trauma
of our medical personnel. It pretends that human life does not matter. Of
course, that seems to be your basic assumption.

> Why should we worry about the 4th biggest killer, and one which is temporary?
> Oh no, lets make it worse by shutting everything down.
>
>> The fact is this is the worst pandemic in our lifetime, and that is even with
>> precautions. There are a bunch of immature people who pretend it is their
>> right to harm others who make it worse.
>
> You're confusing harming others with not protecting others.

Nope. I am noting it is not all about you... your harm to others is about
others as much as it is about you.

You insist you have special entitlements to risk others needlessly.

>>> We should,
>>
>> So move to a deserted island and you will.
>
> I shouldn't have to. We can all share the same land and do as we wish.

Yet here you are making your harm to others be all about you. Why should
others not be able to harm you? What makes you so special?

>>> it would be far easier than this society bullshit. We're not a fucking ant
>>> colony.
>>
>> What is keeping you in society... other than it is much better?
>
> The lack of another place to be.

There are deserted islands.

>>> They are contrary to your safety conscious wimpy beliefs.
>>
>> Equal rights and human rights are important to me.
>
> Because you're a pansy.

You think it is bad to care about other people and not make it all about
oneself.

>>> Precisely. You have made my point well. Being an atheist doesn't make you
>>> commit sins. So removing laws wouldn't make you commit crimes.
>>
>> Laws help to influence behavior, but also provide legal consequences.
>
> They fail every single time.

If they do not work why have laws at all? I am not saying all are good -- many
are not -- but why have them at all?

> If laws worked, nobody would be breaking them.

If nobody was breaking them there would be no need for the law.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Laptops overheat on your lap!

By: Commander Kinsey on Tue, 20 Jul 2021

891Commander Kinsey