From: ken@invalidemail.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: CPU and heatsink cleaning
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 12:18:31 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Mon, 9 Aug 2021 19:18 UTC

On 8/9/2021 10:32 AM, Paul wrote:

Thanks again for all the info below, but me let ask my other questions
again:

So if I understand you correctly, you think this [MSI Z590-A PRO LGA
1200 Intel Z590 SATA 6Gb/s ATX] would be a better choice for me than the
ASUS H570 or one of the ASUS Z590s. Am I right? Can you explain why?

Am I right that the MSI motherboard above has one HDMI port and one DP
port? If so, can I just buy a VGA to DP adapter instead of the second
VGA0HDMI adapter I was planning on? Will that be just as good?

Or do you think I'd be better off with the ZOTAC GeForce GT 710 2GB DDR3
PCI-E2.0 DL-DVI VGA HDMI Passive Cooled Single Slot Low Profile Graphics
Card (ZT-71302-20L) ($70 on Amazon) instead? If so, can you tell me why?

Unless you recommend against it, I think I'm leaning toward the Zotac
videocard, since it has one VGA port and I wouldn't have to rely on
adapters for both monitors. It also support three monitors and perhaps
some day I might want to add a third one.

Do you think I'd be better off with a different cooler? What do you
recommend? There are several choices below; is one them a better choice
than the be quiet! 250W TDP Dark Rock Pro 4 CPU Cooler I had selected"?

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=intel+i910900+cpu+cooler&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Unless you say otherwise, I think I'm going to go with the MSI
motherboard above, the Zotac video card, and either the be quiet! 250W
TDP Dark Rock Pro 4 CPU Cooler with Silent Wings - PWM Fan - 135 mm or
some other cooler if you think I should switch.

So here's the newly revised complete list (pending a different cooler
suggestion or a different motherboard you suggest):

Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Chassis with Window Cases
PH-ES614P_BK,Black 109.99 Newegg or Amazon at 109.37

Power Supply Corsair RMX Series, RM850x, 850 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified,
Fully Modular Power Supply (CP-9020180-NA) 144.88 Amazon

Motherboard MSI Z590-A PRO ProSeries Motherboard (ATX, 11th/10th Gen
Intel Core, LGA 1200 Socket, DDR4, PCIe 4, M.2 Slots, USB 3.2 Gen 2,
2.5G LAN, DP/HDMI) 169.99 Amazon

CPU Intel Core i9-10900 389.99 Amazon

CPU Cooler be quiet! 250W TDP Dark Rock Pro 4 CPU Cooler with Silent
Wings - PWM Fan - 135 mm 84.9 Amazon

RAM CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin SDRAM DDR4 (PC4 28800)
Int Model CMK32GX4M2D3600C18 189.98 Amazon

M2 Drive Seagate Firecuda 520 2TB Performance Internal Solid State Drive
SSD PCIe Gen4 X4 NVMe 1.3 394.99 Newegg

DVD Drive ASUS DRW-24F1ST - DVD SATA SUPERMULTI Burner - SERIAL ATA -
BLACK - OEM Bulk Drive 21.99 Amazon

Video Card ZOTAC GeForce GT 710 2GB DDR3 PCI-E2.0 DL-DVI VGA HDMI
Passive Cooled Single Slot Low Profile Graphics Card
(ZT-71302-20L) 69.76 Amazon

Total 1574.52

--
Ken