From: notonyourlife@no.no.no.no (Alan Baker)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.computer.workshop
Subject: Re: Laptops overheat on your lap!
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2021 15:49:11 -0700
 by: Alan Baker - Sat, 7 Aug 2021 22:49 UTC

On 2021-08-07 11:10 a.m., Commander Kinsey wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Aug 2021 23:15:10 +0100, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Aug 5, 2021 at 11:11:56 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
>> <op.07nzh6bamvhs6z@ryzen.lan>:

>>> I'm not going to worry about such a small thing that's killing us vastly
>>> slower than the population growth.

>>> How many people do you know who have not died (including those who
>>> didn't even
>>> get it or know they had it)?

>>> I refuse to spend my time helping others if I don't want to. Charity
>>> must
>>> always be optional.

>>> Irrelevant.

>>> No, I follow common sense. If I can get to where I'm going without
>>> hitting
>>> something, I go. Doesn't matter what the lights say.
>>
>> Yet you stop at red lights.
>
> No, I take them under advisement.  They stop other cars, leaving a gap
> for me to go.  But often there's a gap the lights don't know about.
>
>> You drive on the proper side of the road.
>
> That's not safety, that's efficiency.

That is absolutely for safety.

>> Stop pretending basic safety measures are unreasonable. It is absurd.
>> Stop denying
>> a horrid pandemic which is killing hundreds of thousands and leaving
>> countless
>> more harmed for life.
>
> A fraction of a percent.  New people are being born faster than this.

So by that measure, there's no need to fight any disease or ailment.

Got it.

>> It is deeply immature and irrational... and the fact so
>> many people do that is why the pandemic causes so much harm. The very
>> people
>> whining about wearing masks and having lockdowns are the ones making
>> those
>> things more needed. I have precisely no sympathy for folks who think
>> their
>> ignorance is a reason to cause others harm, or even risk harm.
>
> Stop caring about others and look after yourself, things are much easier
> that way.

For a dick, yes.

>>> At the moment we have thousands of things funded by the government. The
>>> Libertarians would have two. Minimal military for defending only, and
>>> police
>>> for serious crimes only.
>>
>> So no rules of the road? No fire departments. No safety measures. A
>> deeply
>> immature and unworkable system.
>
> No, rules are not required because people can think for themselves.

No. Rules are required because people don't need to figure out
everything from first principles.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Laptops overheat on your lap!

By: Commander Kinsey on Tue, 20 Jul 2021

891Commander Kinsey