From: brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com (Snit)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.computer.workshop
Subject: Re: Laptops overheat on your lap!
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2021 22:15:10 GMT
 by: Snit - Thu, 5 Aug 2021 22:15 UTC

On Aug 5, 2021 at 11:11:56 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
<op.07nzh6bamvhs6z@ryzen.lan>:

> On Mon, 02 Aug 2021 20:57:58 +0100, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Aug 2, 2021 at 11:29:36 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
>> <op.07igbm03mvhs6z@ryzen.lan>:

>>> Coronavirus hasn't been here long term yet. Those are medium term problems.
>>
>> Just like the pandemic of 100 years ago was. Sure. But does not mean we should
>> not work to manage things now.
>
> I'm not going to worry about such a small thing that's killing us vastly
> slower than the population growth.

>>> You must hang around with weaker people.
>>
>> Or just know more people. Or just fit the common stats more.
>
> How many people do you know who have not died (including those who didn't even
> get it or know they had it)?

>>> We believe direct impacts because the government and media lie. "First hand
>>> experience" is the only thing you should ever believe.
>>
>> Hence why libertarianism cannot work -- you have impacts on others you refuse
>> to admit to acknowledge. Or even see.
>
> I refuse to spend my time helping others if I don't want to. Charity must
> always be optional.

>>> Your normal life expectancy.
>>
>> What about other things impacting it?
>
> Irrelevant.

>>> I disobey any law I believe is wrong. Do you really stop at a red when the
>>> whole junction is empty?
>>>
>>> Here's another way to go through a red safely - if the person in front goes
>>> through on green, you can go through as it turns to red, and so can hundreds
>>> behind you. The other direction won't just start driving into a continuous
>>> line of traffic.
>>
>> Why wait at all? Others can stop for you as well as you can stop for them.
>>
>> Answer: you follow safety laws.
>
> No, I follow common sense. If I can get to where I'm going without hitting
> something, I go. Doesn't matter what the lights say.

Yet you stop at red lights. You drive on the proper side of the road. Stop
pretending basic safety measures are unreasonable. It is absurd. Stop denying
a horrid pandemic which is killing hundreds of thousands and leaving countless
more harmed for life. It is deeply immature and irrational... and the fact so
many people do that is why the pandemic causes so much harm. The very people
whining about wearing masks and having lockdowns are the ones making those
things more needed. I have precisely no sympathy for folks who think their
ignorance is a reason to cause others harm, or even risk harm.

>>> It would be so small you wouldn't care.
>>
>> Add up all these small things and it adds up.
>
> At the moment we have thousands of things funded by the government. The
> Libertarians would have two. Minimal military for defending only, and police
> for serious crimes only.

So no rules of the road? No fire departments. No safety measures. A deeply
immature and unworkable system.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Laptops overheat on your lap!

By: Commander Kinsey on Tue, 20 Jul 2021

891Commander Kinsey