Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.computer.workshop
Subject: Re: OT: JUST WEAR THE DAMN MASKS; was Re:Laptops overheat on your lap!
From: Breeder_Bucky-Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out (Bucky Breeder)
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 18:23:37 GMT
 by: Bucky Breeder - Fri, 30 Jul 2021 18:23 UTC

Chris <ithinkiam@gmail.com> posted this via

> Commander Kinsey <CK1@nospam.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 27 Jul 2021 18:53:59 +0100, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> No, you are not. The amount of misinformation is absurd.
>>
>> The misinformation is because nobody knows.
>
> Wrong as usual. The vaccines reduce transmission by 80% after the first
> dose and 90% after both.
> https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7013e3.htm
>
>> Best to ignore "scientists" who all disagree with each other. I've
>> heard a doctor (a surgeon) say the masks we wear are of no use
>> whatsoever. Unless we all used surgical masks, we might aswell not
>> bother.
>
> So you prefer anecdotes, I see.

For the record: I tend to identify as a Republican Conservative - when I'm
not identifying as a Lumberjack Lesbian... Don't be judgin'... It gets me
laid with some pristine punanny.

Anyway, that being said, Republicans are picking the "Wrong Hill To Die
On" by collectively arbitrarily coming out against masks and vaccinations
because they are relying upon misinformation and a woeful lack of accurate
information. Also they seem to be overwhelmed by political bias fogging
out common sense. To wit, the current "Talking Point of The Day" seems to
be "There's no evidence or current scientific study proving that fully
vaccinated persons need to wear masks..."

Du'h! Double damn D'UH! There's no "evidence, study, or proof" that you
write with the pointed end of a pencil and erase with the reddish rubbery
thing on the other end - but most idiots figure it out because it hasn't be
politicized yet.

Even if you cover your ears, shut your eyes, and shout "NAH NAH NAH NAH
NAH" at the top of your lungs, this is a 'Risk vs. Gain' conjecture.

My humble position is arrived at by using the "What If" paradigm: What
could it possibly hurt by just wearing a mask out in public or in uncertain
social situations versus risking perpetuating and transferring a virulent,
deadly virus? Maybe you won't get sick... but do you have children who are
not yet vaccinated? Do you really want to risk transferring a mutated
version of a deadly virus to them to see if they can resist it naturally?

"Vaccinated people can't get infected" IS A FALLACY! Based on that
FALLACY, people looking for an issue to exploint make wearing of masks an
issue because it seems to stir up emotions and maybe they believe they're
going to be on the "right side" of the issue.

I say the best hope they have is to argue "Well, it didn't kill that many
people." It's like being "dead right" in an auto accident...

Here's the situation in our current identity culture: Mostly Blacks,
people hyper-sensitive to the current Black culture, Hispanics, and a few
fringe mentally subceptable folks are resisting getting the vaccination[s].
There a few that manifest their fears by making a "Wait And See" case...
That would place these folks in the Liberal/Democrat/Leftist camp -
stereotypically.

Mostly Whites, Red-State, Neo-Conservatives are resting their case on a
"Masks versus Personal Freedoms" position... But MOST of these are the ones
arguing "there's no science, data, or studies that PROVE COVID-19 and its
variants (mutations) are being transferred by vaccinated people...

A'HA! Therein lies the rub... A direct product of the Leftist Liberal
Media's abject failure as our hallowed "Fourth Estate" in making our system
of government and way of life superior in the history of mankind by keeping
the population well and accurately informed....

See, all they need to do is make the distinction between "CONTRACTING,
CARRYING, AND TRANSFERRING THE VIRUS" and "NOT GETTING SICK FROM THE
VIRUS"!

TWO DIFFERENT THINGS ALL TOGETHER! Why is nobody running a study?

Simple: Where's the profit in that? D'uh!

Common sense, from what we ALREADY KNOW, should be the hot tip that the
virus could be leap-frogging among the vaccinated because so many - even a
few is TOO MANY - vaccinated people are testing positive without showing
symptoms (e.g., getting sick)... And if you're positive, you are spreading
the virus! And if you're NOT positive, and not wearing a mask, your
chances of getting positive increase dramatically! And if you're positive,
and in contact with other people, YOU ARE SPREADING THE VIRUS! Whether or
not they're getting sick is a separate statistic.

DAMMIT! How simple does it have to be to just move on to a serious issue?
Like there's no other serious issues facing our nation...

REFERENCE:

<https://nypost.com/2021/07/30/delta-covid-variant-spreads-like-chickenpox-
cdc-docs-reveal/>

ISOLATE:

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reportedly altered its mask
guidance after a report found the Delta COVID-19 variant spreads as easily
as chickenpox, possibly even among the vaccinated � but critics have ripped
it as misleading and based on weak data."

and

"The leaked report, compiled of several different studies, claimed that the
variant causes more severe illness among the unvaccinated and is more
transmissible than Ebola, flu and even the common cold, regardless of
vaccination status."

What happened to "Better safe than sorry"?

This should shock to the core MOST REASONABLE AMERICANS! Two things,
especially considering the dynamics of this novel deadly virus:

WHY are any studies being withheld from We, The People? (It's rhetorical...
The reason is because POLITICIANS don't want to appear like they've made
any mistakes... meanwhile, our people are DYING.)

And the other, possibly most important thing, is WHO THE HELL ARE THESE
"CRITICS"???

WTF?!? How "definate" does a situation have to be before Americans do the
simple, little things to protect ourselves - individually, familial,
groups, nationally... indeed, for all mankind - before we just bear with
some minor inconveniences until this all gets sorted out. Besides, wearing
of masks seems to quash the ideation that we need to totally shut down our
society and economy again...

And lastly, but not leastly - by any means - These should be issues that
are BRINGING US ALL TOGETHER, not dividing us over chickenshit minutia.
After all, We, The People, indeed, all of mankind, are facing a veritable
threat to our very existance.

What happens when the next - possibly worse - round hits us if we do not
use this as an opportunity to establish REASONABLE protocols and procedures
so we do have a playbook that works without all the time-consuming, silly,
bitter infighting over petty things?

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;

And *NO*, that is *NOT* a Jedi Light Saber I have in my pocket!

But that doesn't necessarily mean I'm happy to see you either.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Laptops overheat on your lap!

By: Commander Kinsey on Tue, 20 Jul 2021

891Commander Kinsey