From: nospam@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.computer.workshop
Subject: Re: Laptops overheat on your lap!
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 23:26:13 -0400
 by: nospam - Mon, 26 Jul 2021 03:26 UTC

In article <5PHKI.58907$h8.16236@fx47.iad>, Rabid Roach <rabid@roa.ch>
wrote:

> >> Lie. The left has made it clear that it wants the First to be limited or
> >> eliminated and the Second to be repealed. You'd have to completely
> >> ignore the media and the politicians speaking for the past few years to
> >> even think that you could get away with such a false statement.
> >
> > there's nothing false about it.
> >
> > nobody is calling for the first or second amendments to be repealed.
> >
> > also, the people with the most views/likes/retweets/etc. on facebook,
> > twitter and various other social media platforms are almost entirely on
> > the right.
> >
> > not exactly an effective limit, is it?
>
> Once again, you lie:
>
> The mainstream news:
>
> <https://www.thenation.com/article/archive/repeal-second-amendment-gun-control
> />
> <https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/why-its-time-to-repeal-the-
> second-amendment-95622/>
> <https://www.huffpost.com/entry/second-amendment_b_2330496>
>
> <https://www.desertsun.com/story/opinion/contributors/valley-voice/2021/03/01/
> voice-its-time-repeal-second-amendment/4508027001/>
>
> <https://time.com/5216782/john-paul-stevens-repeal-second-amendment/>
>
> <https://www.cbsnews.com/news/repealing-the-second-amendment-is-it-even-possib
> le/>

those are opinions, not actual attempts to repeal anything, and an
example of the first amendment in action. so much for 'limiting free
speech'.

what's your solution for reducing gun violence?

something needs to be done, which even hardcore gun nuts agree.

also, john paul stevens was a republican appointee. so much for it
being 'the left'.

> Politicians themselves:
>
> <https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a19604852/democrats-repeal-second-amend
> ment/>
>
> <https://dailycaller.com/2020/08/04/the-2020-democratic-party-platform-on-seco
> nd-amendment-rights/>
>
> <https://reason.com/2019/06/26/democrats-reveal-their-hostility-to-the-second-
> amendment/>
>
> <https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/03/11/hawaii-democrat-lawmakers-repea
> l-or-amend-second-amendment/>
>
> <https://www.westernjournal.com/dnc-vice-chair-publicly-demands-repeal-of-the-
> 2nd-amendment/>
>
> <https://freebeacon.com/issues/louisiana-democratic-party-chair-suggests-repea
> ling-second-amendment/>

politicians say a lot of things, very little of it based in reality.

their goal is fundraising and to get re-elected.

> And that's just the Second Amendment. Now on to the first:
>

> <https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/editorials/adam-schiff-renews-the-
> democratic-war-against-the-first-amendment>
> <https://reason.com/2014/09/11/democrats-fail-to-amend-the-first-amendm/>
>
> <https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/democrats-house-first-amendment-
> second-amendment/>
>
> <https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2014/09/the-democrats-escalate-their-w
> ar-on-free-speech.php>

there's a lot of disinformation and flat out bogus info in those links.

it's fashionable to bash 'the left' about censorship, but the reality
is that 'the right' is actively trying to censor anything they don't
like, including wanting to repeal section 230, which will not have the
effect they think it will.

trump demanded that parler ban anyone who criticized him, which is a
direct violation of the first amendment. parler told him to get
stuffed.
<https://thehill.com/policy/technology/560682-parler-refused-to-ban-trum
p-critics-to-get-him-to-join-book>
Parler and former President Trump were in talks to get Trump on
the platform, but they stalled after Parler refused to ban those who
criticized the former president, Michael Wolff¹s book about Trump¹s
last days in office says.

florida republican governor ron desantis filed a bogus and performative
lawsuit, where social media platforms will be fined if they ban people,
is a direct attack against the first amendment, and in what was no
surprise to anyone, it was quickly blocked by a judge. one of the more
amusing parts of the lolsuit was that theme parks get an exemption.
apparently disney paid him off.

another example is trump's bogus and performative lawsuit against
facebook, twitter and youtube, which is yet another attack against the
first amendment and section 230, but also wrongly claims to be a class
action lawsuit and was filed in the wrong court. it's going absolutely
nowhere. its sole intent was to extract money from his ignorant
followers, who are too stupid to know any better. there's even a
website where people can 'join' the lawsuit by making a donation,
except that the fine print says donations are not for the lawsuit nor
is anyone actually joining anything (other than a mailing list).

yet another example is when trump threatened to revoke tv stations
licenses because they were critical of him, another clear attack on the
first amendment.
<https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-26/trump-campaign-s-thr
eat-on-tv-licenses-may-be-mostly-bluster>
President Donald Trump¹s campaign, in a letter on Wednesday,
told stations in five battleground states to stop showing the ad from
Priorities USA, a political action committee that supports Democratic
candidate Joe Biden.

that's just a few of many examples and the pattern is quite clear.

> I guess that despite your infinite knowledge, you never managed to
> notice what every living, breathing Westerner has seen in the news ad
> nauseum over the past decade. Of course, you'll never apologize because
> you're so perfect.

ad hominem. resorting to insults means you can't refute anything.

> >> Yep. _Doctors_ know less about medicine and health than some guy on
> >> Usenet who has consistently been wrong about just about everything to
> >> Snit-like levels.
> >
> > explain why only those doctors have the correct answers and why just
> > about every other doctor in the entire medical profession worldwide is
> > wrong, why countless clinical studies worldwide are wrong and why the
> > vaccines have proven to be extremely safe and effective.
> >
> > claims that any of the covid vaccines will kill people in three years
> > is nutjob material. there is *zero* evidence of that, and significant
> > evidence to the contrary.
> >
> > conspiracy theories are amusing, up until they're dangerous and end up
> > killing people.
>
> We'll see how true those statements end up being in 2023. I don't
> believe that they are safe and since I'm in excellent health, I have no
> desire to risk compromising any of that with a vaccine which, as of yet,
> has not been approved by the FDA or even Health Canada outside of
> emergency situations. They're authorized for any of you who are willing
> to submit to the human experiment but not approved.

the vaccines (plural, there are several) are *not* an experiment.

they have been extensively tested (more so than usual) and shown to be
very safe and very effective.

the difference between eua and full approval is logistics, not safety:

<https://vaccine.unchealthcare.org/science/vaccine-approval/whats-the-di
fference-between-fda-emergency-use-authorization-and-fda-approval/>
In a public health emergency, manufacturing and approval of vaccines
can be streamlined through an Emergency Use Authorization or EUA.
An EUA does not affect vaccine safety, because it does not impact
development, such as research, clinical studies and the studying
of side effects and adverse reactions. Instead, it speeds up
manufacturing and administrative processes.
All vaccines follow the same testing processes, whether they are
approved for emergency use or through a typical license.
In a public health emergency, manufacturing may occur while vaccines
are still in development, rather than after approval. These efforts
happen simultaneously, and instead of filing for a BLA, the
manufacturer files for Emergency Use Authorization.

> Also, I find it striking how even doctors are "conspiracy theorists" but
> the fat, bald loser on CNN is clearly way more authoritative as a source
> than any of these people despite regularly being proven wrong.

nobody mentioned cnn except you and calling a cnn news anchor fat and
bald is yet another example of you attacking the messenger and not the
message. you have a habit of doing that, because nothing you say has
any basis in reality. it's well beyond wrong.

> I also
> love how people like you claimed that it was a "conspiracy theory" that
> they were planning on forcing vaccine passports on us even though that's
> exactly what Britain and Canada just announced. I'm sure that it is also
> a conspiracy that they will force the unvaccinated into camps until the
> moment they do so.

nonsense.

meanwhile, trump wanted to send those who were infected with covid to
guantanamo.

<https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/06/21/abutaleb-paletta-book-
nightmare-scenario-trump-covid/>
At one point, the president mused about transferring infected
American citizens in Asia to Guantánamo Bay Naval Base in Cuba

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Laptops overheat on your lap!

By: Commander Kinsey on Tue, 20 Jul 2021

891Commander Kinsey