<lilo> I've always wanted to have a web site with a big picture of a carrot on it

computers / comp.ai.philosophy / Re: Gödel's 1931 incompleteness fails HOL

Re: Gödel's 1931 incompleteness fails HOL

<C2EcN.236$vFZa.41@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12178&group=comp.ai.philosophy#12178

Subject: Re:_Gödel's_1931_incompleteness_fails_HOL
Newsgroups: sci.logic,sci.math,comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy
<a46f4c70-de84-40a9-88a7-42ba40c5927e@att.net> <ukikki$2vs7i$1@dont-email.me>
<4d7b4cdf-7d45-4822-bd23-9d29bdce4468@att.net> <ukj0sv$32a8d$2@dont-email.me>
<cd5a612f-9a3f-41f5-a78c-1a41220f80f9@att.net> <ukjmem$39hg0$1@dont-email.me>
<cae06d77-3caa-43d6-9694-ffe962c199e7@att.net> <ukliag$3j59q$1@dont-email.me>
<a241f9fb-083a-4715-84c9-38ef5ca7ff32@att.net> <uklsms$3khan$1@dont-email.me>
<uklv9a$2trsp$4@i2pn2.org> <7c8b4a96-f84d-4c6a-bfdf-1baf82fd22e0@att.net>
<TZQbN.95066$%d2c.83651@fx08.iad>
<4ebc63b3-d3a6-49ac-b2af-cd7dfa3b9011@att.net> <ukqgs4$sp13$1@dont-email.me>
<f2f635d0-88d6-4d3e-9b72-4372cec594c8@att.net> <ukqpi0$u330$1@dont-email.me>
<0799a653-e040-4130-810b-e14a176f747b@att.net> <ukqqkm$u6p9$1@dont-email.me>
<db0b32eb-5c6f-42cb-82ea-aa77cf747e5e@att.net> <ukrfq3$14naa$1@dont-email.me>
<uksrcs$1ascs$1@dont-email.me> <uktmvj$1eskf$1@dont-email.me>
<uku9jh$1kt0d$1@dont-email.me>
From: Richard@Damon-Family.org (Richard Damon)
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2023 07:33:38 -0500
 by: Richard Damon - Fri, 8 Dec 2023 12:33 UTC

On 12/8/23 12:29 AM, olcott wrote:
> On 12/7/2023 6:11 PM, olcott wrote:

>>> I have diligently accounted for the difference between analytical truth
>>> and analytical knowledge the former may require an infinite sequence of
>>> steps as its truthmaker.
>>>
>>> ∀L ∈ Formal_System ∀x ∈ Language(L)
>>> True(L,x) ≡ (T ⊢ x)
>>> False(L,x) ≡ (T ⊢ ¬x)
>>>
>>> Eliminates Tarski undefinability and Gödel incompleteness and forces
>>> the concept of truth in math and logic to conform to the way that it
>>> works everywhere else in the body of human knowledge: True(x) ≡ (⊢ x)
>>>
>>> If the Goldbach conjecture only has an infinite sequence of steps as
>>> its truthmaker and formal proofs do not allow an infinite sequence of
>>> steps then we have an analytical truth with no proof yet it still has a
>>> truthmaker.
>>>

>> That there cannot be any analytic truth without a truthmaker
>> refutes the Tarski Undecidability theorem.
>>
>> ...14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used for a
>> similar undecidability proof...(Gödel 1931:43-44)
>>
>> Tarski anchored his proof in an epistemological antinomy just like the
>> above quote: (3) x ∉ Provable if and only if x ∈ True.
>> https://liarparadox.org/Tarski_275_276.pdf
>>
>> Epistemological antinomies cannot possibly have a truthmaker (not even
>> with an infinite number of steps) thus are simply untrue.
>>

> ...14 Every epistemological antinomy can likewise be used for a similar
> undecidability proof...(Gödel 1931:43-44)
>
> Thus Gödel really screwed up. Epistemological antinomies are neither
> true nor false thus calling them undecidable is a terrible euphemism
> for non-truth-bearer.

Nope, because he never did what you say he did.

Your problem is you don't actually understand the proof, so you don't
know what he actually means here, but are just guessing at what he
"must" mean, because it is the only thing you can think of. But that
isn't it, and just shows your stupidity.

If you want to show me wrong here, show the step in the ACTUAL proof,
and not the commentary on it, where he does this wrong thing.

Somewhere step in the proof where he uses the antinomy in a way that
requires it to have a truth value.

It seems on of your fundamental problems is you don't understand what a
Logical Proof actually is, only how to argue.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Gödel's 1931 incompleteness fails HOL

By: olcott on Sun, 3 Dec 2023

69olcott