As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing.

computers / comp.ai.philosophy / Re: Refutation of the Ben Bacarisse Rebuttal

Re: Refutation of the Ben Bacarisse Rebuttal

<H1okM.865$Ect9.276@fx44.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11415&group=comp.ai.philosophy#11415

Subject: Re: Refutation of the Ben Bacarisse Rebuttal
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic,comp.ai.philosophy
From: Richard@Damon-Family.org (Richard Damon)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 16:32:39 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Tue, 20 Jun 2023 20:32 UTC

On 6/20/23 2:33 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 6/20/2023 1:20 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> When Ben pointed out that H(P,P) reports that P(P) does not halt when
>>> P(P) does halt this seems to be a contradiction to people that lack a
>>> complete understanding.
>>
>> NO, it is a TRUE statement. H is NOT a correct HALT DECIDER.
>>
>> It might be a valid POOP decider with your altered criteria, but it
>> isn't correct as a Halt Decider.
>>
>> You don't get to change the meaning of words, attempting to just shows
>> you are a liar.
>>
>> Halting is a property of the original machine, not of the partial
>> simulation that H does.
>>>
>>> Because of this I changed the semantic meaning of a return value of 0
>>> from H to mean either that P(P) does not halt or P(P) specifically
>>> targets H to do the opposite of whatever Boolean value that H returns.
>>
>> Which means you H need to return BOTH a 0 and 1 at the same time,
> Not at all. Not the least little bit.
> A return value of 0 also indicates that input D intentionally targets
> H by doing the opposite of whatever Boolean value that H returns.

But a return of 1 signals that it halts, which it does.

You don't seem to understand English.

The Halting Problem asks if the Machine Described by the input Halts.

It Does (for the H that you are cliaming to be correct)

Therefore, the correct answer is YES / Halting, and you are PROVED to be
a LIAR.

> Because this is a verified fact that D does do this H is necessarily
> correct and there is no contradiction.

It may be a correct POOP decider, but it isn't a Halt Decider, because
you don't get to change the criteria for an actual Halt Decider.

You are just showing yourself to be a pathological liar, as you state
things that you should know to be incorrect.

If you don't understand that definition are what they are, they you are
just too stupid to be relied on for anything.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Refutation of the Ben Bacarisse Rebuttal

By: olcott on Mon, 19 Jun 2023

29olcott