Mind your own business, Spock. I'm sick of your halfbreed interference.

computers / comp.ai.philosophy / Re: A proof of G in F

Re: A proof of G in F

<GdP1M.340437$rKDc.290089@fx34.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11030&group=comp.ai.philosophy#11030

Subject: Re: A proof of G in F
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic,alt.philosophy,sci.math,comp.ai.philosophy
<plG_L.1566170$8_id.988121@fx09.iad> <u1ffhg$27ro8$2@dont-email.me>
<yyH_L.2050428$iU59.380607@fx14.iad> <u1fh4g$27ro8$4@dont-email.me>
<V_H_L.2050524$iU59.978008@fx14.iad> <u1fisj$28bu7$1@dont-email.me>
<whI_L.324473$ZnFc.190217@fx41.iad> <u1fkpb$2cbmk$1@dont-email.me>
<r%I_L.2101224$9sn9.1750583@fx17.iad> <u1fmkc$2cjsh$1@dont-email.me>
<LjJ_L.1990541$iS99.1001191@fx16.iad> <u1fo1t$2cptd$1@dont-email.me>
<dOQ_L.2066544$iU59.687231@fx14.iad> <u21icl$3e7ii$1@dont-email.me>
<PiY0M.509418$Ldj8.142067@fx47.iad> <u21k1e$3egr8$2@dont-email.me>
<qIY0M.2285306$iS99.1533651@fx16.iad> <u21m16$3esj0$1@dont-email.me>
<L6Z0M.1515621$gGD7.1506479@fx11.iad> <u21o92$3f7c4$1@dont-email.me>
<3YZ0M.2713815$GNG9.35373@fx18.iad> <u21s9t$3fs29$1@dont-email.me>
<BX_0M.2723018$GNG9.607638@fx18.iad> <u268v0$dd90$1@dont-email.me>
<u269qj$dhsl$1@dont-email.me> <6nE1M.2339143$iS99.1918741@fx16.iad>
<u27hc9$n6hc$1@dont-email.me>
From: Richard@Damon-Family.org (Richard Damon)
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 07:56:22 -0400
 by: Richard Damon - Tue, 25 Apr 2023 11:56 UTC

On 4/24/23 11:28 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 4/24/2023 6:35 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> ∃sequence_of_inference_steps ⊆ F (sequence_of_inference_steps ⊢
>>> ∄sequence_of_inference_steps ⊆ F)
>>>

>> So, you don't understand the differnce between the INFINITE set of
>> sequence steps that show that G is True, and the FINITE number of
>> steps that need to be shown to make G provable.
>>

> The experts seem to believe that unless a proof can be transformed into
> a finite sequence of steps it is no actual proof at all. Try and cite a
> source that says otherwise.

WHy? Because I agree with that. A Proof needs to be done in a finite
number of steps.

The question is why the infinite number of steps in F that makes G true
don't count for making it true.

Yes, you can't write that out to KNOW it to be true, but that is the
differece between knowledge and fact.

> We can imagine an Oracle machine that can complete these proofs in the
> same sort of way that we can imagine a magic fairy that waves a magic
> wand.
>
>> You are just showing you don't understand what you talking about and
>> just spouting word (or symbol) salad.
>>
>> You are oriving you are an IDIOT.
>
> I am seeing these things at a deeper philosophical level than you are. I
> know that is hard to believe.

But not according to the rules of the system you are talking about.

You don't get to change the rules on a system.

> You are so sure that I must be wrong that you don't bother to understand
> what I am saying.

No, I understand what you are saying and see where you are WRONG.

> It seem that the time has come for me to spend the little time that it
> takes to understand the technical details of Gödel's proof.
>
> I am estimating that have very good understanding of the preface to the
> proof and the SEP article should provide this.
>
> https://mavdisk.mnsu.edu/pj2943kt/Fall%202015/Promotion%20Application/Previous%20Years%20Article%2022%20Materials/godel-1931.pdf

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Re: A proof of G in F

By: olcott on Sat, 22 Apr 2023