From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Subject: Re: UFO + COUCHE + HINDENBURG = TEXTURE OF MINI CAPACITATORS
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 21:51:41 -0500
 by: Paul - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 02:51 UTC

On 11/21/2022 6:59 PM, Skybuck Flying wrote:
> I THINK I JUST CRACKED THE UFO MYSTERY...
>
> 22 NOVEMBER 2022 BY SKYBUCK FLYING
>
> UFO TEXTURE CONSTRUCTION GUIDE, GOOD LUCK !
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czVZrZVVsa4
>
> I WAS JUST WASHING MY HANDS IN THE BATH ROOM AND I WAS THINKING:
>
> I WAS THINKING ABOUT MY MYSTERIOUS COUCHE WHICH GENERATES AN ABNORMAL
>
> AMMOUNT OF ELECTRICITY AND IT FRUSTRATES THE SHIT OF ME
Dryer sheets or sprays like this one, can reduce couch-based static.
Dryer sheets help reduce static cling in loads of electric dryer goods.
Some liquid fabric softeners are also conductive, and can be diluted
down 9:1 or so (nine parts water, one part chemical). The problem then,
is you need something to atomize the liquid when applying it. That's
why these spray cans exist, as the material that comes out is a mist.

https://www.amazon.com/Static-Guard-Spray-5-5oz-4-Pack/dp/B01GBC3KZC

None of the treatments are permanent of course, because
that would be "bad for business" :-/ The spray might work for
four days or so, then need to be re-applied. This is an expensive
way to live.

*******

This is an example of a technical spray. It's a urethane in IPA.
Apply a light dusting, as the purpose is to create a conductive matrix.
It's not a "coat of paint". It's just a dusting. This will last longer
than four days. And as the product says, "test in an inconspicuous place first"
to ensure there is no surface damage. As the solvent used is flammable,
you would keep sources of flames well away from this, until dried.
Even filling the air with IPA vapor is not a good idea.

https://www.techspray.com/a-permanent-esd-safe-coating-with-clear-benefits