Heisenberg may have been here.

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging me

SubjectAuthor
* Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging mePW
+* Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging merms
|+* Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging mePW
||`* Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging merms
|| `* Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging mePW
||  `- Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging meJustisaur
|+- Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging mePW
|`* Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging mePW
| `* Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging meJustisaur
|  +- Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging mePW
|  `- Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging mePW
`* Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging meJustisaur
 +- Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging mePW
 `* Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging mePW
  `* Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging merms
   `* Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging mePW
    `- Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging merms

1
Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging me

<2kgagh99ltecinugur3f1u85m0fmeecc8v@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9876&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9876

From: iamnotusingonewithAgent@notinuse.com (PW)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging me
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 15:27:31 -0600
 by: PW - Tue, 23 Aug 2022 21:27 UTC

Hi!

Do either of you remember if there is a special requirement to make
Godfrey, First Elden Lord appear?

I believe he is in the room below Margott, the Omen King which I took
care of. I used the downed tree to get to both rooms

I would like Godfrey's Talisman pouch but he is not there. This is in
the Lenydell, Roya Capital.

I don't think I killed him because I still only have two Talisman
Pouches.

Also, that golden erdtree "boss" on the main street isn't appearing
anymore. I did not fight it but escaped past it.

Just curious!

I have found no solutions about Godfrey from many, many searches.

-pw

Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging me

<te5fk0$3bm9d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9886&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9886

From: rsquiresMOO@MOOflashMOO.net (rms)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging me
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 09:20:31 -0600
 by: rms - Wed, 24 Aug 2022 15:20 UTC

>Do either of you remember if there is a special requirement to make
>Godfrey, First Elden Lord appear?

Ah, the *actual* godfrey fight is just before the final boss fight of the
game as I recall? You fight the 'shade of godfrey' first by going all the
way up the big tree root. this is the root past the golden seed tree and
the mini-boss, after you've climbed the stone dragon to access the area.
when you enter the chamber at the end he should appear and you get a
talisman pouch for this fight. After this you go up some stairs to the
queen's bedchamber, through that and up a flight of stairs to morgott. To
get to the 'real' godfrey fight (the second fight with him) you have to
complete Mountaintop of Giants levels by going through a gate in the North
Capital walls and taking a big lift. You should already know what the
*Major Plot Point* goal is of going to mountaintop of giants, after
completing which you'll be transported back to the Capital, whereupon you
basically return to where you fought Morgott, to then fight Godfrey and
afterwards complete the game.

rms

Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging me

<da1b978d-304c-4b36-8797-50f6cd4a6a2bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9889&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9889

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 10:25:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: justisaur@gmail.com (Justisaur)
 by: Justisaur - Wed, 24 Aug 2022 17:25 UTC

On Tuesday, August 23, 2022 at 2:27:33 PM UTC-7, PW wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Do either of you remember if there is a special requirement to make
> Godfrey, First Elden Lord appear?
>
> I believe he is in the room below Margott, the Omen King which I took
> care of. I used the downed tree to get to both rooms
>
> I would like Godfrey's Talisman pouch but he is not there. This is in
> the Lenydell, Roya Capital.
>
> I don't think I killed him because I still only have two Talisman
> Pouches.
>
> Also, that golden erdtree "boss" on the main street isn't appearing
> anymore. I did not fight it but escaped past it.
>
> Just curious!
>
> I have found no solutions about Godfrey from many, many searches.

Aah, called out!

Rms already answered better than I could, but I didn't want you to
feel I was ignoring you. :)

- Justisaur

Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging me

<1kocgh93es75k9vr2nt99aercm79nnb5qs@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9892&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9892

From: iamnotusingonewithAgent@notinuse.com (PW)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 11:42:04 -0600
 by: PW - Wed, 24 Aug 2022 17:42 UTC

On Wed, 24 Aug 2022 09:20:31 -0600, "rms"
<rsquiresMOO@MOOflashMOO.net> wrote:

>>Do either of you remember if there is a special requirement to make
>>Godfrey, First Elden Lord appear?
>
> Ah, the *actual* godfrey fight is just before the final boss fight of the
>game as I recall? You fight the 'shade of godfrey' first by going all the
>way up the big tree root. this is the root past the golden seed tree and
>the mini-boss, after you've climbed the stone dragon to access the area.
>when you enter the chamber at the end he should appear and you get a
>talisman pouch for this fight. After this you go up some stairs to the
>queen's bedchamber, through that and up a flight of stairs to morgott. To
>get to the 'real' godfrey fight (the second fight with him) you have to
>complete Mountaintop of Giants levels by going through a gate in the North
>Capital walls and taking a big lift. You should already know what the
>*Major Plot Point* goal is of going to mountaintop of giants, after
>completing which you'll be transported back to the Capital, whereupon you
>basically return to where you fought Morgott, to then fight Godfrey and
>afterwards complete the game.
>
>rms

*--

Thanks rms! Good memory. I will look again.

I was at the Montain Tops of the Giants but went back to the capital
because there are two somber smithing stone 7s there at the bottom.
Now I cannot kill the two giant crayfish and figure out how to get
out! I just read that frost may do some damage to them and I do have
a couple of incantations that may fit that description.

-pw

Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging me

<nfpcghhngr42lafvbgf9h86fo0a5da39l2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9894&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9894

From: iamnotusingonewithAgent@notinuse.com (PW)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 11:55:47 -0600
 by: PW - Wed, 24 Aug 2022 17:55 UTC

>Aah, called out!

Yes! I needed reinforcements! As it is getting even tougher! Ha!

Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging me

<elpcghln4noha64pab0din7cql4fsaqg1r@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9895&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9895

From: iamnotusingonewithAgent@notinuse.com (PW)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 12:02:43 -0600
 by: PW - Wed, 24 Aug 2022 18:02 UTC

On Wed, 24 Aug 2022 09:20:31 -0600, "rms"
<rsquiresMOO@MOOflashMOO.net> wrote:

>>Do either of you remember if there is a special requirement to make
>>Godfrey, First Elden Lord appear?
>
> Ah, the *actual* godfrey fight is just before the final boss fight of the
>game as I recall? You fight the 'shade of godfrey' first by going all the
>way up the big tree root. this is the root past the golden seed tree and
>the mini-boss, after you've climbed the stone dragon to access the area.
>when you enter the chamber at the end he should appear and you get a
>talisman pouch for this fight. After this you go up some stairs to the
>queen's bedchamber, through that and up a flight of stairs to morgott. To
>get to the 'real' godfrey fight (the second fight with him) you have to
>complete Mountaintop of Giants levels by going through a gate in the North
>Capital walls and taking a big lift. You should already know what the
>*Major Plot Point* goal is of going to mountaintop of giants, after
>completing which you'll be transported back to the Capital, whereupon you
>basically return to where you fought Morgott, to then fight Godfrey and
>afterwards complete the game.
>
>rms

*--

The golden shaded Godfrey is not there. Maybe I killed him as I
eventually got notified that the twin husks at the rountable had new
items for sale and one of them was available there.

I got rid of the big guy. Godfrey, First Elden Lord. Frustrating
because I killed him on my 2nd and 3rd attempts but I died right after
both times and it didn't Count. Took me at least another dozen times
to kill him for good!

Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging me

<kgodght7b25vov622vlbd4rp544kp3ofe6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9900&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9900

From: iamnotusingonewithAgent@notinuse.com (PW)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 20:44:40 -0600
 by: PW - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 02:44 UTC

On Wed, 24 Aug 2022 10:25:02 -0700 (PDT), Justisaur
<justisaur@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tuesday, August 23, 2022 at 2:27:33 PM UTC-7, PW wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Do either of you remember if there is a special requirement to make
>> Godfrey, First Elden Lord appear?
>>
>> I believe he is in the room below Margott, the Omen King which I took
>> care of. I used the downed tree to get to both rooms
>>
>> I would like Godfrey's Talisman pouch but he is not there. This is in
>> the Lenydell, Roya Capital.
>>
>> I don't think I killed him because I still only have two Talisman
>> Pouches.
>>
>> Also, that golden erdtree "boss" on the main street isn't appearing
>> anymore. I did not fight it but escaped past it.
>>
>> Just curious!
>>
>> I have found no solutions about Godfrey from many, many searches.
>>

>Aah, called out!
>
>Rms already answered better than I could, but I didn't want you to
>feel I was ignoring you. :)
>
>- Justisaur

*--

I just thought you were mad at me, probably from wing you to another
game Cyberpunk but I quit that early because I could not save the game
because of dialogues and other reasons going on. I will get back to
it though.

All I want to do is to at least kill one of the top 6 required bosses.
I may have done in one of them. I will have to check the list again.

I doubt I will try and finish ER. Steam says I have 340 hours in it
and I am level 160 now and at the Mtn Tops like I told rms.

-pw

Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging me

<te80eb$3lonv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9902&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9902

From: rsquiresMOO@MOOflashMOO.net (rms)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 08:19:52 -0600
 by: rms - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 14:19 UTC

>back to the capital
>because there are two somber smithing stone 7s there at the bottom.
>Now I cannot kill the two giant crayfish and figure out how to get
>out!

Ok, those crayfish are in the subterraean shunning grounds area by the
catacombs. That Morgott that lives down there is the brother of the Morgott
that lives in the sunlit areas :) Those crayfish I had to lure back and
forth around the big pipes for small hits. I don't recall if its possible
to get back up without teleporting, not sure.

rms

Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging me

<te80lo$3lpgg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9903&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9903

From: rsquiresMOO@MOOflashMOO.net (rms)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 08:23:51 -0600
 by: rms - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 14:23 UTC

>I doubt I will try and finish ER. Steam says I have 340 hours in it
>and I am level 160 now and at the Mtn Tops like I told rms.

haha you really are almost done. the 'ash capital' level is short, just
a couple bosses.

rms

Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging me

<uiifghtk25913t4n29q7p248vkuvu4a7fi@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9909&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9909

From: iamnotusingonewithAgent@notinuse.com (PW)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 13:20:21 -0600
 by: PW - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 19:20 UTC

On Thu, 25 Aug 2022 08:19:52 -0600, "rms"
<rsquiresMOO@MOOflashMOO.net> wrote:

>>back to the capital
>>because there are two somber smithing stone 7s there at the bottom.
>>Now I cannot kill the two giant crayfish and figure out how to get
>>out!
>
> Ok, those crayfish are in the subterraean shunning grounds area by the
>catacombs. That Morgott that lives down there is the brother of the Morgott
>that lives in the sunlit areas :) Those crayfish I had to lure back and
>forth around the big pipes for small hits. I don't recall if its possible
>to get back up without teleporting, not sure.
>
>rms

*-

I actually got 7 and 8 there and died. I didn't have many runes but I
lost them any way and was able to get back to another site of grace. I
saw no exit from there without using my branch(?) to leave with losing
my runes but same result!

But I think I cleared out the whole subterrean shunning grounds before
doing so. I didn't see anything left alive.

Now my Bloodhound Fang that has carried me through the game so far at
+6 is now at +9!! Should be good enough until I find a Somber Ancient
Dragon Smithing stone which will get it to the highest at +10.

Thanks!

-pw

Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging me

<5tifghhnivr6vj2fl2mnt6p8gm3r7b1s5c@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9910&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9910

From: iamnotusingonewithAgent@notinuse.com (PW)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 13:22:36 -0600
 by: PW - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 19:22 UTC

On Thu, 25 Aug 2022 08:23:51 -0600, "rms"
<rsquiresMOO@MOOflashMOO.net> wrote:

>>I doubt I will try and finish ER. Steam says I have 340 hours in it
>>and I am level 160 now and at the Mtn Tops like I told rms.
>
> haha you really are almost done. the 'ash capital' level is short, just
>a couple bosses.
>
>rms

*--

I will have to look that place up!! But there are so many other
places from my searches that I haven't been to (but probably don't
need to go to).

I am guessing the snowfields that I read about are nearby?

-pw

Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging me

<te91b3$3oqif$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9913&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9913

From: rsquiresMOO@MOOflashMOO.net (rms)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 17:41:21 -0600
 by: rms - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 23:41 UTC

>I am guessing the snowfields that I read about are nearby?

All the snowy areas are on the way to mountaintop of giants, which is near
the endgame, yes. Your handmaiden and the old crone in the table of grace
will have more info

rms

Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging me

<ce6b5c0d-a0bf-4ed2-a39f-4ab707b7de5fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9922&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9922

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 07:34:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: justisaur@gmail.com (Justisaur)
 by: Justisaur - Fri, 26 Aug 2022 14:34 UTC

On Thursday, August 25, 2022 at 12:20:24 PM UTC-7, PW wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Aug 2022 08:19:52 -0600, "rms"
> <rsqui...@MOOflashMOO.net> wrote:
>
> >>back to the capital
> >>because there are two somber smithing stone 7s there at the bottom.
> >>Now I cannot kill the two giant crayfish and figure out how to get
> >>out!
> >
> > Ok, those crayfish are in the subterraean shunning grounds area by the
> >catacombs. That Morgott that lives down there is the brother of the Morgott
> >that lives in the sunlit areas :) Those crayfish I had to lure back and
> >forth around the big pipes for small hits. I don't recall if its possible
> >to get back up without teleporting, not sure.
> >
> >rms
> *-
>
> I actually got 7 and 8 there and died. I didn't have many runes but I
> lost them any way and was able to get back to another site of grace. I
> saw no exit from there without using my branch(?) to leave with losing
> my runes but same result!

I think there's a way up further on a tree-branch and across rafters if I'm
following where you're at, and remembering correctly, which is a big if.

- Justisaur

Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging me

<qv0igh1e1ake3f9lbb0b35ddoe4tpen9i5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9926&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9926

From: iamnotusingonewithAgent@notinuse.com (PW)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 11:39:00 -0600
 by: PW - Fri, 26 Aug 2022 17:39 UTC

On Wed, 24 Aug 2022 09:20:31 -0600, "rms"
<rsquiresMOO@MOOflashMOO.net> wrote:

>>Do either of you remember if there is a special requirement to make
>>Godfrey, First Elden Lord appear?
>
> Ah, the *actual* godfrey fight is just before the final boss fight of the

*--

He's not there again. I must have killed them and thought nothing
about the fight.

I now have all four talisman pouches. One must be from him. The
other was available to buy from the Twin Maiden Husks at the
Roundtable because I had two runes. One from Rahadan (ScarScourge)
which I don't think I had to activate. I have another from beating
the other guy. But I am not going to bother activating it or any more
because they don't seem to add much and are lost when I die. I don't
feel like searching for more Rune Arcs which I think will reactivate
them.

Thanks guys! Now I know.

-pw

Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging me

<edebd6f0-d68a-4ccc-96a0-c8506884aa28n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9930&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9930

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 14:55:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: justisaur@gmail.com (Justisaur)
 by: Justisaur - Fri, 26 Aug 2022 21:55 UTC

On Friday, August 26, 2022 at 10:39:03 AM UTC-7, PW wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Aug 2022 09:20:31 -0600, "rms"
> <rsqui...@MOOflashMOO.net> wrote:
> >>Do either of you remember if there is a special requirement to make
> >>Godfrey, First Elden Lord appear?
> >
> > Ah, the *actual* godfrey fight is just before the final boss fight of the
> *--
>
> He's not there again. I must have killed them and thought nothing
> about the fight.
>
> I now have all four talisman pouches. One must be from him. The
> other was available to buy from the Twin Maiden Husks at the
> Roundtable because I had two runes. One from Rahadan (ScarScourge)
> which I don't think I had to activate. I have another from beating
> the other guy. But I am not going to bother activating it or any more
> because they don't seem to add much and are lost when I die. I don't
> feel like searching for more Rune Arcs which I think will reactivate
> them.

You get a lot of Rune Arcs from co-op or PvP, not very many through
the offline game.

- Justisaur

Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging me

<e45jghl1vp06oq3l173puk2j4tbvnrbc08@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9933&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9933

From: iamnotusingonewithAgent@notinuse.com (PW)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 21:53:05 -0600
 by: PW - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 03:53 UTC

On Fri, 26 Aug 2022 14:55:38 -0700 (PDT), Justisaur
<justisaur@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Friday, August 26, 2022 at 10:39:03 AM UTC-7, PW wrote:
>> >
>> > Ah, the *actual* godfrey fight is just before the final boss fight of the
>> *--
>>
>> He's not there again. I must have killed them and thought nothing
>> about the fight.
>>
>> I now have all four talisman pouches. One must be from him. The
>> other was available to buy from the Twin Maiden Husks at the
>> Roundtable because I had two runes. One from Rahadan (ScarScourge)
>> which I don't think I had to activate. I have another from beating
>> the other guy. But I am not going to bother activating it or any more
>> because they don't seem to add much and are lost when I die. I don't
>> feel like searching for more Rune Arcs which I think will reactivate
>> them.
>
>You get a lot of Rune Arcs from co-op or PvP, not very many through
>the offline game.
>
>- Justisaur
*--

Okay - that will stop me from thinking about using my Great Runes.

I just looked at a walkthrough for Mountain Tops of the Giants. I am
near the end of that place but there seems to be some very tough
fights ahead and then quite a bit more to do afterwards before heading
back to the capital. Not sure if I have enough patience left in me
for ER.

Thanks!

-pw

Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging me

<ct5jgh9anf8alt3loaj65ijk3hk5m03r69@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9934&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action#9934

From: iamnotusingonewithAgent@notinuse.com (PW)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 22:06:54 -0600
 by: PW - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 04:06 UTC

<justisaur@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Friday, August 26, 2022 at 10:39:03 AM UTC-7, PW wrote:
>> >
>> > Ah, the *actual* godfrey fight is just before the final boss fight of the
>> *--
>>
>> He's not there again. I must have killed them and thought nothing
>> about the fight.
>>
>> I now have all four talisman pouches. One must be from him. The
>> other was available to buy from the Twin Maiden Husks at the
>> Roundtable because I had two runes. One from Rahadan (ScarScourge)
>> which I don't think I had to activate. I have another from beating
>> the other guy. But I am not going to bother activating it or any more
>> because they don't seem to add much and are lost when I die. I don't
>> feel like searching for more Rune Arcs which I think will reactivate
>> them.
>
>You get a lot of Rune Arcs from co-op or PvP, not very many through
>the offline game.
>
>- Justisaur

*--

Plus, I have some of the top rated incantations according to a few
websites. Not Swarm of Flies yet, but only a couple that I have had
from the beginning have been of any help. Electify Armaments is
awesome, and Lightning Spear helps sometimes.

So, not sure I will have much of a chance with what is to come! :-)

-pw

computers / comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action / Re: Justisaur, rms - ER question that is bugging me