From: ronb02NOSPAM@gmail.com (RonB)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: (OT) Why the "West" is in decline
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 00:47:27 -0000 (UTC)
 by: RonB - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 00:47 UTC

Why the West (formerly Christendom) is in decline while Russia and Hungary
are thriving.

From an article on Tucker's Putin and Orban interviews (mostly excerpts
from the interviews).

He’s also in charge of Russian history of which he expressed its Orthodox
Christian roots.

Putin brought it into the contemporary setting of the bombing of Serbia
by Madeleine Albright, in 1999:

“As soon as developments in Serbia started Yeltsin raised his voice in
support of the Serbs. We couldn’t help but raise our voices because the
Serbs are close to us as a nation with its Orthodox Christian culture.”

When Tucker asked Putin about his personal embrace of Orthodox
Christianity Putin instantly lifted it into a national level.

And rightly so since the Orthodox Church is always conceptually in its
scope a “national” embrace of its cultural power.

TUCKER: “You’ve described Russia as Orthodox. That’s central to your
understanding of Russia. You’ve said you’re Orthodox. What does that mean
for you? You are a Christian leader by your own description. So what
effect does that have on you?”

PUTIN: “Eastern Christianity is deeply rooted in the consciousness of the
Russian people. Those who profess other religions in Russia share the
same traditional values. We are one family.

The motherland and the family are connected with each other since it’s
impossible to ensure a normal future for our children and our families
unless we ensure a normal, sustainable future for the motherland. That is
why patriotic sentiment is so strong in Russia.”

IN TUCKER’S PRECEDING INTERVIEW with Victor Orban, the Hungarian leader
said the same but with a different Christian twist.

TUCKER: “Why are you so unpopular among leadership in the United States
and the West while Hungary as a nation seems to be thriving?”

ORBAN: It’s more about our civilization. I mean, Western Christian
civilization. The division line, you see, is not according to ideologies.
It’s deeper. It has an anthropological character.

On one side US and Europe says “ego,” that is, “me,” is the centre of the
world. On the other side Hungary and Russia says “family, nation, God,”
is the centre of the world.

Our Christianity can be felt on our streets. We might be ‘out of
fashion,’ so to speak, but we are united as a country, as a people, and
we are thriving.

And this is the reason why we're rapidly declining. We have lost our
Christian culture and we're descending into self-centered, hedonistic
paganism (satanism). The me-me-me, Woke culture.

--
Self centered pride is what turned angels into demons.

Re: (OT) Why the "West" is in decline

<zP4yN.318552$7sbb.250614@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9722&group=comp.os.linux.advocacy#9722

Subject: Re: (OT) Why the "West" is in decline
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
From: rabid@pedag.og (RabidPedagog)
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 09:27:42 -0500
 by: RabidPedagog - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 14:27 UTC

On 2024-02-10 7:47 p.m., RonB wrote:
> Why the West (formerly Christendom) is in decline while Russia and Hungary
> are thriving.
>
> From an article on Tucker's Putin and Orban interviews (mostly excerpts
> from the interviews).
>
> He’s also in charge of Russian history of which he expressed its Orthodox
> Christian roots.
>
> Putin brought it into the contemporary setting of the bombing of Serbia
> by Madeleine Albright, in 1999:
>
> “As soon as developments in Serbia started Yeltsin raised his voice in
> support of the Serbs. We couldn’t help but raise our voices because the
> Serbs are close to us as a nation with its Orthodox Christian culture.”
>
> When Tucker asked Putin about his personal embrace of Orthodox
> Christianity Putin instantly lifted it into a national level.
>
> And rightly so since the Orthodox Church is always conceptually in its
> scope a “national” embrace of its cultural power.
>
> TUCKER: “You’ve described Russia as Orthodox. That’s central to your
> understanding of Russia. You’ve said you’re Orthodox. What does that mean
> for you? You are a Christian leader by your own description. So what
> effect does that have on you?”
>
> PUTIN: “Eastern Christianity is deeply rooted in the consciousness of the
> Russian people. Those who profess other religions in Russia share the
> same traditional values. We are one family.
>
> The motherland and the family are connected with each other since it’s
> impossible to ensure a normal future for our children and our families
> unless we ensure a normal, sustainable future for the motherland. That is
> why patriotic sentiment is so strong in Russia.”
>
> IN TUCKER’S PRECEDING INTERVIEW with Victor Orban, the Hungarian leader
> said the same but with a different Christian twist.
>
> TUCKER: “Why are you so unpopular among leadership in the United States
> and the West while Hungary as a nation seems to be thriving?”
>
> ORBAN: It’s more about our civilization. I mean, Western Christian
> civilization. The division line, you see, is not according to ideologies.
> It’s deeper. It has an anthropological character.
>
> On one side US and Europe says “ego,” that is, “me,” is the centre of the
> world. On the other side Hungary and Russia says “family, nation, God,”
> is the centre of the world.
>
> Our Christianity can be felt on our streets. We might be ‘out of
> fashion,’ so to speak, but we are united as a country, as a people, and
> we are thriving.
>
> And this is the reason why we're rapidly declining. We have lost our
> Christian culture and we're descending into self-centered, hedonistic
> paganism (satanism). The me-me-me, Woke culture.

Agreed. I couldn't help but feel some brotherhood with Putin while
listening to him in the interview. I still haven't finished watching it
(my wife was predictably falling asleep), but I rather enjoyed the
conversation and enjoyed the fact that religion has an influence over
his decision-making.

--
RabidPedagog
Catholic paleoconservative