From: nospam.Mike.Dippel@f1118.n640.z3.fidonet.org (Mike Dippel)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: Telnet Connection Problem
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 22:01:22 +1200
 by: Mike Dippel - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 10:01 UTC

TG> MD> Lately, I am unable to connect to my BBS via Telnet from my home comp
TG> MD> I can,
TG> MD> however, connect to it if I log onto one of my servers and telnet or
TG> MD> from that remote
TG> MD> computer.
TG>
TG> MD> I checked my log files and the home computer's IP address is not bloc
TG> MD> This is a
TG> MD> recent occurrence although sometime in the past I could connect until
TG> MD> just lost the
TG> MD> connection somehow.
TG>
TG> In all these cases, are the computers all within your home network?
TG>
TG> Can you detail the topology a bit more?
TG>
TG> Tristan.
I decided to add my home IP address to the whitelist, and I am now able to
connect. Looks like the problem is solved. Yes, it was the home netowrk
because I was able to connect with my phones network but not when I was
connected to the WiFi.

All seems well now.

Mike Dippel
mystic-hobbies.us

.... That's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature

Re: Telnet Connection Problem

<644654508@f1.n770.z35.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=969&group=alt.bbs.mystic#969

From: nospam.Tristan.Greaves@f1.n770.z35.fidonet.org (Tristan Greaves)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 07:58:00 +1200
 by: Tristan Greaves - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 19:58 UTC

-=> Mike Dippel wrote to Tristan Greaves <=-

MD> I decided to add my home IP address to the whitelist, and I am now able
MD> to connect. Looks like the problem is solved. Yes, it was the home
MD> netowrk because I was able to connect with my phones network but not
MD> when I was connected to the WiFi.

Nice. Glad it worked out!

If it's something that was working and then stopped, is your home computer
using DHCP? Your lease may have expired, allocating you a fresh IP, which was
not on your allow list for connecting.

Tristan.
=== MultiMail/Mac v0.52

computers / alt.bbs.mystic / Re: Telnet Connection Problem