From: vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Subject: Inline control codes
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 09:18:54 -0000 (UTC)
 by: vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com - Tue, 29 Jun 2021 09:18 UTC

A ctl-l in a text file leads to a page break as it would under ASCII rules.
Question is, what other in-line codes does Word recognise? like for font
increase and bolding. Is there a way to return to the regular font size on
the next line or do you have to put the same number of reverse codes.

--
Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus
blog: panix.com/~vjp2/ruminatn.htm - = - web: panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm

Re: Inline control codes

<sbf1kk$ost$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=906&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#906

From: mayayana@invalid.nospam (Mayayana)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Subject: Re: Inline control codes
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 07:53:18 -0400
 by: Mayayana - Tue, 29 Jun 2021 11:53 UTC

<vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com> wrote

|A ctl-l in a text file leads to a page break as it would under ASCII rules.
| Question is, what other in-line codes does Word recognise? like for font
| increase and bolding. Is there a way to return to the regular font size on
| the next line or do you have to put the same number of reverse codes.

That's a question for an MS Office group... or maybe
MS Word help. Many of the shortcut keys are standard but
the exact set supported by any given program is not.

Re: Inline control codes

<1fnkv8bo5879t$.1pk18jta3d4hk.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=909&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#909

From: jj4public@gmail.com (JJ)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 04:18:11 +0700
 by: JJ - Tue, 29 Jun 2021 21:18 UTC

On Tue, 29 Jun 2021 07:53:18 -0400, Mayayana wrote:
> <vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com> wrote
>
>|A ctl-l in a text file leads to a page break as it would under ASCII rules.
>| Question is, what other in-line codes does Word recognise? like for font
>| increase and bolding. Is there a way to return to the regular font size on
>| the next line or do you have to put the same number of reverse codes.
>|

> That's a question for an MS Office group... or maybe
> MS Word help. Many of the shortcut keys are standard but
> the exact set supported by any given program is not.

More like a question for all text editor and word processor softwares. CTRL
and CTRL+ALT shortcuts already has their own function for generating ASCII
control codes and extended characters. Applications shouldn't blindly use
them for their own software features.

Re: Inline control codes

<sbg4s5$hn1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=910&group=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general#910

From: mayayana@invalid.nospam (Mayayana)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 17:54:38 -0400
 by: Mayayana - Tue, 29 Jun 2021 21:54 UTC

"JJ" <jj4public@gmail.com> wrote

| > That's a question for an MS Office group... or maybe
| > MS Word help. Many of the shortcut keys are standard but
| > the exact set supported by any given program is not.
| | More like a question for all text editor and word processor softwares.
CTRL
| and CTRL+ALT shortcuts already has their own function for generating ASCII
| control codes and extended characters. Applications shouldn't blindly use
| them for their own software features.

They vary. Does word have a shortcut for changing
fonts? I don't know. But that wouldn't be relevant for
all editors. Once you get beyond cut, copy, paste,
print, select all there's no reason to assume.

computers / microsoft.public.windowsxp.general / Inline control codes