From: dave@davenoise.co.uk (Dave Plowman (News))
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Subject: AntiSpam
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 01:26:51 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Dave Plowman (News) - Tue, 16 Nov 2021 01:26 UTC

Hoping for a simple answer from someone who has made the same mistake as
this idiot.

Using the latest version of AntiSpam with the latest version of Pluto. To
both fetch and send. AntiSpam on its own - not used with POPStar, or
whatever.

Got it to send OK, but a fetch sees it going through all the mails in the
box, but not downloading any.

The Progress window shows testing and some in Diverted and some in
Defaulted, but none in Accepted. If that should show downloaded ones.

I've looked in where they get stored in Boot Choices, and they are all
blank. So AntiSpam seems to be just looking at them rather than
downloading the ones which pass the rules. I'd guess there is something I
haven't ticked. Or whatever.

--
*Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.

Dave Plowman dave@davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Re: AntiSpam

<2d9a328c59.harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=907&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#907

From: harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk (Harriet Bazley)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Subject: Re: AntiSpam
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 09:02:38 GMT
 by: Harriet Bazley - Tue, 16 Nov 2021 09:02 UTC

On 16 Nov 2021 as I do recall,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

> Hoping for a simple answer from someone who has made the same mistake as
> this idiot.
>
> Using the latest version of AntiSpam with the latest version of Pluto. To
> both fetch and send. AntiSpam on its own - not used with POPStar, or
> whatever.
>
> Got it to send OK, but a fetch sees it going through all the mails in the
> box, but not downloading any.
>
> The Progress window shows testing and some in Diverted and some in
> Defaulted, but none in Accepted. If that should show downloaded ones.
>
> I've looked in where they get stored in Boot Choices, and they are all
> blank. So AntiSpam seems to be just looking at them rather than
> downloading the ones which pass the rules. I'd guess there is something I
> haven't ticked. Or whatever.

For each mailbox you define, you have to specify a download file
(Mailbox->General) - normally just a leafname (e.g. for my
orange.wingsandbeaks.org.uk address the download file is 'orange').

Where the downloaded files get stored will depend on what 'transport'
you have selected (the latest version of Pluto is AntiSpam-aware, so you
can select AntiSpam explicitly in Pluto instead of having to emulate
POPStar), but may well be in Boot:Choices.AntiSpam.MailDir

--
Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie ==

Time is nature's way of making sure that everything doesn't happen at once.

Re: AntiSpam

<598c3f1524dave@davenoise.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=910&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#910

From: dave@davenoise.co.uk (Dave Plowman (News))
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 11:18:59 +0000 (GMT)
 by: Dave Plowman (News) - Tue, 16 Nov 2021 11:18 UTC

In article <2d9a328c59.harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk>,
Harriet Bazley <harriet@bazleyfamily.co.uk> wrote:
> On 16 Nov 2021 as I do recall,
> Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

> > Hoping for a simple answer from someone who has made the same mistake
> > as this idiot.
> >
> > Using the latest version of AntiSpam with the latest version of Pluto.
> > To both fetch and send. AntiSpam on its own - not used with POPStar,
> > or whatever.
> >
> > Got it to send OK, but a fetch sees it going through all the mails in
> > the box, but not downloading any.
> >
> > The Progress window shows testing and some in Diverted and some in
> > Defaulted, but none in Accepted. If that should show downloaded ones.
> >
> > I've looked in where they get stored in Boot Choices, and they are all
> > blank. So AntiSpam seems to be just looking at them rather than
> > downloading the ones which pass the rules. I'd guess there is
> > something I haven't ticked. Or whatever.
> >

> For each mailbox you define, you have to specify a download file
> (Mailbox->General) - normally just a leafname (e.g. for my
> orange.wingsandbeaks.org.uk address the download file is 'orange').

Thanks Harriet - that's done it. A default name that you change if you
want to would have made more sense to me.

I did read this in Help, but didn't realise it was as simple as just
entering any old name you fancied.

> Where the downloaded files get stored will depend on what 'transport'
> you have selected (the latest version of Pluto is AntiSpam-aware, so you
> can select AntiSpam explicitly in Pluto instead of having to emulate
> POPStar), but may well be in Boot:Choices.AntiSpam.MailDir

Yes they are. I tried putting a blank text file in that Directory Inbound,
and then drop that file in the field in MailBox General. With no success.
Trying to be too clever, I suppose.

--
*I'm not a paranoid, deranged millionaire. Dammit, I'm a billionaire.