Everybody needs a little love sometime; stop hacking and fall in love!

computers / alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt / Re: Heads up: LGA Socket 1700 (bending/bowing issues) vs LGA Socket 1718

SubjectAuthor
o Re: Heads up: LGA Socket 1700 (bending/bowing issues) vs LGA SocketBill

1
Re: Heads up: LGA Socket 1700 (bending/bowing issues) vs LGA Socket 1718

<hC4QK.1833$x5w7.1352@fx42.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=904&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#904

Subject: Re: Heads up: LGA Socket 1700 (bending/bowing issues) vs LGA Socket
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
From: nonegiven@att.net (Bill)
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 11:55:57 -0400
 by: Bill - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 15:55 UTC

On 9/1/2022 11:21 AM, Skybuck Flying wrote:
> The Adler Lake Socket 1700 problem/issue, bad contact:
> https://www.pcgamer.com/intel-responds-to-alder-lake-cpu-bowing-issue/
>
> The problematic Intel Adler Lake LGA socket 1700:
> https://tweakers.net/nieuws/183690/details-van-intel-lga1700-socket-voor-alder-lake-cpus-verschijnen-online.html
>
> The newer AMD Ryzen 7000 AM5/LGA Socket 1718:
> https://tweakers.net/nieuws/191964/uitgelekte-renders-tonen-volledig-ontwerp-van-am5-socket-voor-ryzen-7000-cpus.html
>
> The big question is if LGA Socket 1718 will bend/bow as well just like Socket 1700.
>
> Reviewers should look for this and try and report on this !

I have seen after market brackets made to address this problem (and I'm
sure by your post that you are well-aware of them). The reviewers on
YouTube have addressed this to some degree. Solutions appear to range
between $5 and $35.