Newsgroups: comp.sys.tandy
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 10:51:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Vintage Computer Fest East 2023
From: dnotarnicola@gmail.com (dnotar...@gmail.com)
 by: dnotar...@gmail.com - Wed, 12 Apr 2023 17:51 UTC

The annual Vintage Computer Festival East 2023 will be held at The InfoAge Science and History Museums in Wall Twp, NJ On April 14, 15 and 16, 2023

This year's themes are Computers in Education and Keeping Vintage Computing Alive. The festival will feature our museum, classes and talks all three days, as well as 35 interactive vintage computing exhibits (listed on our website, below) on Saturday and Sunday. Hear from and speak to experts in vintage computing subjects, and find out about our periodic workshops and swap meets. Come and see the vintage computers of your youth and discover how computing has evolved from gigantic machines of the past to what once would have been considered a super-computer that now lives in your smartphone.

Supporting our themes, we will have several speakers of notoriety such as Liza Loop, Margaret Morabito and Jerry Crisci, who will talk about how computers impacted education in the past, and how they continue to do so in present. We also have a great lineup of speakers discussing modern tools, emulators and accessories that keep vintage computers alive, useful and connected in the internet age. There are even more featured speakers listed on our web page https://vcfed.org/vcf-east-talks/

There will be a consignment area open on Saturday and Sunday where you can peruse and purchase vintage and not so vintage computers, software and accessories. You never know what you may find! Pick up an old computer and relive your childhood. Also on Saturday there will be a Stamp Hunt where you explore the festival to collect printed stamps on a card and then submit them to be entered into a drawing for a chance to win one of two vintage computers!

Doors open at 7:30 am on all three days with talks starting at 8:00 am. Per-person admission is $25 for one-day, $45 for two-days and $65 for three-days (any combination of days), with 17 and younger free. Tickets can be obtained on site but we suggest pre-purchasing at this link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/vcf-east-2023-vintage-computer-festival-east-2023-tickets-555834224127

The InfoAge Science and History Museums are located at 2201 Marconi Rd. Wall Twp. NJ 07719
Please check the VCF East main web page for updated details: https://vcfed.org/events/vintage-computer-festival-east/
The Vintage Computer Festival is conducted by the Vintage Computer Federation, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.