From: mm+usenet-es@dorfdsl.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
Subject: Does howardknight.net have direct peering to Google Groups?
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 12:07:24 +0100
 by: Marco Moock - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 11:07 UTC

Hello!

http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=170056470900

There is no other server involved in the Path: header.
Is my guess right that they have a direct peering?

--
kind regards
Marco

Re: Does howardknight.net have direct peering to Google Groups?

<8m5y1vl52q.fsf@raybanana.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=895&group=news.admin.peering#895

From: rayban@raybanana.net (Ray Banana)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 12:27:09 +0100
 by: Ray Banana - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 11:27 UTC

Thus spake Marco Moock <mm+usenet-es@dorfdsl.de>
> http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=170056470900
> There is no other server involved in the Path: header.

The path header is shortened on the left [...].

--
Пу́тін — хуйло́
http://www.eternal-september.org

Re: Does howardknight.net have direct peering to Google Groups?

<65f59dd916d718ecc11959f303e1da21@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=896&group=news.admin.peering#896

From: J@M (D)
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 14:44:59 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
 by: D - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 13:44 UTC

On Tue, 21 Nov 2023 12:07:24 +0100, Marco Moock <mm+usenet-es@dorfdsl.de> wrote:
>Hello!
>http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=170056470900

>There is no other server involved in the Path: header.
>Is my guess right that they have a direct peering?

"..." (ellipsis) omits irrelevant destination servers in path header...
at this writing, <rec.arts.sf.written> four thousand six hundred (4630)
articles containing "googlegroups.com" message-id and reference headers,
not much compared to other newsgroups which have been heavily bombarded
by the googlespam administration

Re: Does howardknight.net have direct peering to Google Groups?

<KqqcnZjdEYpXDP34nZ2dnZeNn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=897&group=news.admin.peering#897

Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
From: jb-usenet@wisemo.com.invalid (Jakob Bohm)
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 13:09:56 +0100
 by: Jakob Bohm - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 12:09 UTC

On 2023-11-21 14:44, D wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Nov 2023 12:07:24 +0100, Marco Moock <mm+usenet-es@dorfdsl.de> wrote:
>> Hello!
>> http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=170056470900

>> There is no other server involved in the Path: header.
>> Is my guess right that they have a direct peering?
>
> "..." (ellipsis) omits irrelevant destination servers in path header...
> at this writing, <rec.arts.sf.written> four thousand six hundred (4630)
> articles containing "googlegroups.com" message-id and reference headers,
> not much compared to other newsgroups which have been heavily bombarded
> by the googlespam administration

Once again, I have to remind you to use the Path and Injection headers
to determine Google relation, not the MsgId or Reference IDs!

Enjoy

Jakob
--
Jakob Bohm, CIO, Partner, WiseMo A/S. https://www.wisemo.com
Transformervej 29, 2860 Søborg, Denmark. Direct +45 31 13 16 10

Re: Does howardknight.net have direct peering to Google Groups?

<6f18bc2de76003829f0dec00052025eb@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=898&group=news.admin.peering#898

From: J@M (D)
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 17:19:11 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
 by: D - Fri, 24 Nov 2023 16:19 UTC

On Fri, 24 Nov 2023 13:09:56 +0100, Jakob Bohm <jb-usenet@wisemo.com.invalid> wrote:
>On 2023-11-21 14:44, D wrote:
>> On Tue, 21 Nov 2023 12:07:24 +0100, Marco Moock <mm+usenet-es@dorfdsl.de> wrote:
>>> Hello!
>>> http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=170056470900
>>> There is no other server involved in the Path: header.
>>> Is my guess right that they have a direct peering?
>>
>> "..." (ellipsis) omits irrelevant destination servers in path header...
>> at this writing, <rec.arts.sf.written> four thousand six hundred (4630)
>> articles containing "googlegroups.com" message-id and reference headers,
>> not much compared to other newsgroups which have been heavily bombarded
>> by the googlespam administration
>
>Once again, I have to remind you to use the Path and Injection headers
>to determine Google relation, not the MsgId or Reference IDs!
>Enjoy
>Jakob

it seems that as Grant Taylor recently explained to yours truly in this
reply <message id ujolt3$9sj$1@tncsrv09.home.tnetconsulting.net> "I get
the impression that you don't understand how news servers operate"--and
that is a true fact; one common feature for all gg posts and/or replies:

beyond that, how news servers actually work is a learning curve pour moi

Re: Does howardknight.net have direct peering to Google Groups?

<6562c460$1@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=899&group=news.admin.peering#899

From: deletethis@invalid.lan (noel)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
Date: 26 Nov 2023 14:06:56 +1000
 by: noel - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 04:06 UTC

On Fri, 24 Nov 2023 13:09:56 +0100, Jakob Bohm wrote:

> On 2023-11-21 14:44, D wrote:
>> On Tue, 21 Nov 2023 12:07:24 +0100, Marco Moock
>> <mm+usenet-es@dorfdsl.de> wrote:
>>> Hello!
>>> http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=170056470900

>>> There is no other server involved in the Path: header.
>>> Is my guess right that they have a direct peering?
>>
>> "..." (ellipsis) omits irrelevant destination servers in path header...
>> at this writing, <rec.arts.sf.written> four thousand six hundred (4630)
>> articles containing "googlegroups.com" message-id and reference
>> headers,
>> not much compared to other newsgroups which have been heavily bombarded
>> by the googlespam administration
>>

> Once again, I have to remind you to use the Path and Injection headers
> to determine Google relation, not the MsgId or Reference IDs!
>
> Enjoy
>
> Jakob

injection header as most know it, don't exist in some software - dnews
for one.

with privacy settings enabled every post you see has not only the path
but MID and X-Posting-Host headers as the news servers hostname, no
hashes tring to match to a user for the script kiddies (we have internal
method of matching a MID to senders real posting host to deal with any
problematic posters) the advantage to this is its very easy for remote
admins to filter on us if they ever have the need to, in fact, since some
services have been known to strip out prior Path entries, its pretty fool
proof filtering, for others, yes, Path filtering works in 98% of cases.

Re: Does howardknight.net have direct peering to Google Groups?

<UsWcnfv4Dczhlfr4nZ2dnZeNn_hj4p2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=940&group=news.admin.peering#940

Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
From: jb-usenet@wisemo.com.invalid (Jakob Bohm)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 10:49:01 +0100
 by: Jakob Bohm - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 09:49 UTC

On 2023-11-26 05:06, noel wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Nov 2023 13:09:56 +0100, Jakob Bohm wrote:
>
>> On 2023-11-21 14:44, D wrote:

>>> "..." (ellipsis) omits irrelevant destination servers in path header...
>>> at this writing, <rec.arts.sf.written> four thousand six hundred (4630)
>>> articles containing "googlegroups.com" message-id and reference
>>> headers,
>>> not much compared to other newsgroups which have been heavily bombarded
>>> by the googlespam administration
>>>

>> Once again, I have to remind you to use the Path and Injection headers
>> to determine Google relation, not the MsgId or Reference IDs!
>>
>> Enjoy
>>
>> Jakob
>
> injection header as most know it, don't exist in some software - dnews
> for one.
>
> with privacy settings enabled every post you see has not only the path
> but MID and X-Posting-Host headers as the news servers hostname, no
> hashes tring to match to a user for the script kiddies (we have internal
> method of matching a MID to senders real posting host to deal with any
> problematic posters) the advantage to this is its very easy for remote
> admins to filter on us if they ever have the need to, in fact, since some
> services have been known to strip out prior Path entries, its pretty fool
> proof filtering, for others, yes, Path filtering works in 98% of cases.

Point of my comment was that D keeps promoting the flawed idea of
determining GG malfunction by doing statistics on headers that do not
reliably indicate if a post passed through GG servers at all.

Backtracking GG spam to Google User's is of little interest to the rest
of us, although Google's failure to detect and stop the Spam makes it
interesting for 3rd party spam filters to check if posts entered the GG
servers from a known spam source IP.

Enjoy

Jakob