From: address@is.invalid (R.Wieser)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.raspberry-pi
Subject: The 'Frame buffer interface' is obsolete ? What is its successor ?
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 07:55:46 +0100
 by: R.Wieser - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 06:55 UTC

Hello all,

Some time ago I found the "frame buffer interface" and was able to draw some
simple graphics thru it. Than I tried to enable a hardware mouse cursor,
but got nowhere fast :-(

So, did some searching for how enable such a mouse cursor thru the "mailbox
interface" and found this :

https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/wiki/Mailbox-framebuffer-interface

, which mentions that the "frame buffer interface" is obsolete (at least
since 2018).

tl;dr:
As the "frame buffer interface" is said to be obsolete, what is its
successor ?

Remark:
This is for a command-console only installation of Linux on an RPi 1b (no
GUI)