When speculation has done its worst, two plus two still equals four. -- S. Johnson

computers / news.admin.peering / Re: can you guys peer some of our newsgroups?

SubjectAuthor
* can you guys peer some of our newsgroups?rek2 hispagatos
+- Re: can you guys peer some of our newsgroups?Jesse Rehmer
+* Re: can you guys peer some of our newsgroups?Syber Shock
|`* Re: can you guys peer some of our newsgroups?rek2 hispagatos
| `- Re: can you guys peer some of our newsgroups?Syber Shock
+* Re: can you guys peer some of our newsgroups?Nigel Reed
|`- Re: can you guys peer some of our newsgroups?rek2 hispagatos
`- Re: can you guys peer some of our newsgroups?Ivo Gandolfo

1
can you guys peer some of our newsgroups?

<ueuu8m$1l2k2$1@matrix.hispagatos.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=812&group=news.admin.peering#812

From: rek2@hispagatos.org.invalid (rek2 hispagatos)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
Subject: can you guys peer some of our newsgroups?
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 15:44:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: rek2 hispagatos - Tue, 26 Sep 2023 15:44 UTC

Hello, not sure how this 100% works,
but until I can add my local groups to an official place so
everyone can take them, meanwhile
can you guys peer my groups when peering with our server?
hispagatos.talk
hispagatos.comunicados
hispagatos.ayuda
alt.2600.madrid
hispagatos.test # this is not important we use it for testing

I made a post around 2 months a go about my intentions
to add hispagatos.* herarchy to somewhere
and I was shared a ftp, I can't seen to find
the document now that I have more time to do it
if anyone can share that will be awesome \o/

PD: we are peering with 4 others, if any one else
likes to peer please let me know I will love to.
I just installed cleanfeed as well.
the info for admins:
https://news.hispagatos.org/

Thank you
Happy Hacking
ReK2

--
- {gemini,https}://{,rek2.}hispagatos.org - mastodon: @rek2@hispagatos.space
- [https|gemini]://2600.Madrid - https://hispagatos.space/@rek2

Re: can you guys peer some of our newsgroups?

<uf0olk$1s91$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=813&group=news.admin.peering#813

From: jesse.rehmer@blueworldhosting.com (Jesse Rehmer)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
Subject: Re: can you guys peer some of our newsgroups?
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 08:21:08 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Jesse Rehmer - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 08:21 UTC

On Sep 26, 2023 at 10:44:22 AM CDT, "rek2 hispagatos"
<rek2@hispagatos.org.invalid> wrote:

> Hello, not sure how this 100% works,
> but until I can add my local groups to an official place so
> everyone can take them, meanwhile
> can you guys peer my groups when peering with our server?
> hispagatos.talk
> hispagatos.comunicados
> hispagatos.ayuda
> alt.2600.madrid
> hispagatos.test # this is not important we use it for testing
>
> I made a post around 2 months a go about my intentions
> to add hispagatos.* herarchy to somewhere
> and I was shared a ftp, I can't seen to find
> the document now that I have more time to do it
> if anyone can share that will be awesome \o/
>
> PD: we are peering with 4 others, if any one else
> likes to peer please let me know I will love to.
> I just installed cleanfeed as well.
> the info for admins:
> https://news.hispagatos.org/
>

> Thank you
> Happy Hacking
> ReK2

Check out news.admin.hierarchies for information about creating/maintaining a
hierarchy, or https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/usenet-hier.html.

As far as peering and propagation, most peers will accept and propagate text
articles from any hierarchy and they don't need to specifically add them.
Whether they store the articles and make them available to readers will depend
on whether control messages have been seen and processed.

Feel free to reach out to me via e-mail if you'd like to setup a feed.

Re: can you guys peer some of our newsgroups?

<676915c2c4c3650da515e90f02b24ec1$1@sybershock.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=814&group=news.admin.peering#814

From: admin@sybershock.com (Syber Shock)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 08:54:15 -0500
logging-data="4166244"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org";
posting-account="TzG3Hl99Aa0Fgb506WreKRgRTO2mG9+aGjVDifyfNqo";
 by: Syber Shock - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 13:54 UTC

On Tue, 26 Sep 2023 15:44:22 -0000 (UTC)
rek2 hispagatos <rek2@hispagatos.org.invalid> wrote:

> Hello, not sure how this 100% works,
> but until I can add my local groups to an official place so
> everyone can take them, meanwhile
> can you guys peer my groups when peering with our server?
> hispagatos.talk
> hispagatos.comunicados
> hispagatos.ayuda
> alt.2600.madrid
> hispagatos.test # this is not important we use it for testing

<snip>

Since the hispagatos.* hierarchy seems to be a focused smolnet for
technical and privacy culture, that seems right up my ally. This also
leads me to some questions about combating spam, especially for Spanish
language groups. I'm sure you would be on top of spam on your side. I
would have some confusion about tackling foreign-language spam entering
from my peer.

Do any of the groups permit posts in English language?

Do any of the groups desire Spanish only?

Are there Spanish language plugins for spamassassin, cleanfeed, and
other anti-abuse programs?

Are there any hispagatos.* group charters published on a website?

--
3883@sugar.bug | web: sybershock.com | news: alt.sources.crypto

Re: can you guys peer some of our newsgroups?

<uf1mc9$1n073$2@matrix.hispagatos.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=815&group=news.admin.peering#815

From: rek2@hispagatos.org.invalid (rek2 hispagatos)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 16:48:09 -0000 (UTC)
 by: rek2 hispagatos - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 16:48 UTC

On 2023-09-27, Syber Shock <admin@sybershock.com> wrote:

> Since the hispagatos.* hierarchy seems to be a focused smolnet for
> technical and privacy culture, that seems right up my ally. This also
> leads me to some questions about combating spam, especially for Spanish
> language groups. I'm sure you would be on top of spam on your side. I
> would have some confusion about tackling foreign-language spam entering
> from my peer.
>
> Do any of the groups permit posts in English language?

Yes, we do, is mostly Spanish but English is welcome and we have people
in our collective that only Speaks English

> Do any of the groups desire Spanish only?

Either way as I mention above :)

> Are there Spanish language plugins for spamassassin, cleanfeed, and
> other anti-abuse programs?

Considering I stop using usenet around early 2000's and came back last
year, tired of the bloated web, I am not the most appropiate person
as of now, as I am figuring things out from an admin point of view
as I go, but will let you know if what I find..
I though about this so in my view I just though to add rules to
cleanfeed with Spanish filters

> Are there any hispagatos.* group charters published on a website?

Not yet if you mean usenet, website Yes
htps://hispagatos.org
gemini://hispagatos.org
https://hispagatos.space <-- mastodon
https://news.hispagatos.org <--- simple info for our INN/usenet server
we also run a Matrix server in dendrite.

let me know also if you want to peer, I know you from
here and mastodon :)

Happy Hacking
ReK2

--
- {gemini,https}://{,rek2.}hispagatos.org - mastodon: @rek2@hispagatos.space
- [https|gemini]://2600.Madrid - https://hispagatos.space/@rek2
- https://keyoxide.org/A31C7CE19D9C58084EA42BA26C0B0D11E9303EC5

Re: can you guys peer some of our newsgroups?

<20230927140924.31267788@wibble.sysadmininc.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=816&group=news.admin.peering#816

From: sysop@endofthelinebbs.com (Nigel Reed)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 14:09:24 -0500
 by: Nigel Reed - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 19:09 UTC

On Tue, 26 Sep 2023 15:44:22 -0000 (UTC)
rek2 hispagatos <rek2@hispagatos.org.invalid> wrote:

> Hello, not sure how this 100% works,
> but until I can add my local groups to an official place so
> everyone can take them, meanwhile
> can you guys peer my groups when peering with our server?
> hispagatos.talk
> hispagatos.comunicados
> hispagatos.ayuda
> alt.2600.madrid
> hispagatos.test # this is not important we use it for testing
>
> I made a post around 2 months a go about my intentions
> to add hispagatos.* herarchy to somewhere
> and I was shared a ftp, I can't seen to find
> the document now that I have more time to do it
> if anyone can share that will be awesome \o/
>
> PD: we are peering with 4 others, if any one else
> likes to peer please let me know I will love to.
> I just installed cleanfeed as well.
> the info for admins:
> https://news.hispagatos.org/

I don't mind carrying your groups and sharing them with peers.

Find my details at https://www.endofthelinebbs.com/peering.html

Drop me your details, let me know when you're set up and we'll get you
going.

--
End Of The Line BBS - Plano, TX
telnet endofthelinebbs.com 23

Re: can you guys peer some of our newsgroups?

<uf255d$1nbor$1@matrix.hispagatos.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=817&group=news.admin.peering#817

From: rek2@hispagatos.org.invalid (rek2 hispagatos)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 21:00:29 -0000 (UTC)
 by: rek2 hispagatos - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 21:00 UTC

>> I just installed cleanfeed as well.
>> the info for admins:
>> https://news.hispagatos.org/
>
> I don't mind carrying your groups and sharing them with peers.
>
> Find my details at https://www.endofthelinebbs.com/peering.html
>
> Drop me your details, let me know when you're set up and we'll get you
> going.

Hello,
just added your information from tthe link you shared above.
here is mine:
https://news.hispagatos.org/peering.html

I have also email you, or tried ...
just in case let me know when is ready.

Thanks for sharing our groups.

Happy Hacking
ReK2

--
- {gemini,https}://{,rek2.}hispagatos.org - mastodon: @rek2@hispagatos.space
- [https|gemini]://2600.Madrid - https://hispagatos.space/@rek2
- https://keyoxide.org/A31C7CE19D9C58084EA42BA26C0B0D11E9303EC5

Re: can you guys peer some of our newsgroups?

<uf4c0l$2ppfb$4@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=837&group=news.admin.peering#837

Followup: news.admin.hierarchies
From: usenet@bofh.team (Ivo Gandolfo)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 19:09:41 +0200
 by: Ivo Gandolfo - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 17:09 UTC

On 26/09/2023 17:44, rek2 hispagatos wrote:
[cut]
> can you guys peer my groups when peering with our server?
> hispagatos.talk
> hispagatos.comunicados
> hispagatos.ayuda
> alt.2600.madrid
> hispagatos.test # this is not important we use it for testing
[cut]

> Thank you
> Happy Hacking
> ReK2

I have received your test today from my peer's, but finished in "junk",
due to not-exist group in my server. You can release the info of your
hyearch., the checkgroup and the GPG sign, to process all automatically?

https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/usenet-hier.html

F/U n.a.h

Sincerely

--
Ivo Gandolfo

Re: can you guys peer some of our newsgroups?

<549151b62287108df3bfa7c248ac79fa$1@sybershock.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=840&group=news.admin.peering#840

From: admin@sybershock.com (Syber Shock)
Newsgroups: news.admin.peering
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 12:59:34 -0500
logging-data="179960"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org";
posting-account="TzG3Hl99Aa0Fgb506WreKRgRTO2mG9+aGjVDifyfNqo";
 by: Syber Shock - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 17:59 UTC

On Wed, 27 Sep 2023 16:48:09 -0000 (UTC)
rek2 hispagatos <rek2@hispagatos.org.invalid> wrote:

> let me know also if you want to peer, I know you from
> here and mastodon :)

I am honing in on how to configure a INN peer to push and pull with a
Rocksolid peer. I need to understand some ways to do it so I can advise
others. I will be in touch (eventually).

--
3883@sugar.bug | web: sybershock.com | news: alt.sources.crypto