Any given program will expand to fill available memory.

computers / alt.comp.software.seamonkey / Re: Donating

SubjectAuthor
* Donatingbernard
`* DonatingDaniel65
 `* Donatingbernard
  `* Donatingfrg
   +- DonatingDaniel65
   `* DonatingBarryedwin1
    +* Donatingfrg
    |`- DonatingBarryedwin1
    `- DonatingDaniel65

1
Donating

<64cbea3c$0$7449$426a34cc@news.free.fr>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=815&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#815

Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
From: bernard.desnoues@free.fr (bernard)
Subject: Donating
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2023 19:56:14 +0200
 by: bernard - Thu, 3 Aug 2023 17:56 UTC

Hello all,

This is my first message to this newsgroup.
I followed the classical way : Mosaic -> Netscape -> Mozilla -> SeaMonkey.
The point : I intented to donate and I saw that SeaMonkey don't work
when I displayed the https://www.paypal.com/donate? page. I chose
"Donate whith credit card" and it freezes.
I had to use Firefox to do that !
I use SeaMonkey 2.53.16.
Excuse this very poor English.

Many thanks to the developers!
Bernard

Re: Donating

<uaiouq$18s9b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=819&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#819

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Subject: Re: Donating
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2023 21:55:04 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Fri, 4 Aug 2023 11:55 UTC

bernard wrote on 4/8/23 3:56 am:
> Hello all,
>
> This is my first message to this newsgroup.
> I followed the classical way : Mosaic -> Netscape -> Mozilla -> SeaMonkey.
> The point : I intented to donate and I saw that SeaMonkey don't work
> when I displayed the https://www.paypal.com/donate? page. I chose
> "Donate whith credit card" and it freezes.
> I had to use Firefox to do that !
> I use SeaMonkey 2.53.16.
> Excuse this very poor English.
>
> Many thanks to the developers!
> Bernard

Bernard, I've just gone to the SeaMonkey Home Page
https://www.seamonkey-project.org/ and clicked on the 'Donate and
Sponsor' link on the left hand side.

I entered my donation, 20 Euros, clicked 'Pay by Card' button and waited
..... and waited ..... and waited.

Is this what happened for you, Bernard
--
Daniel

Re: Donating

<64cd1c9b$0$7476$426a74cc@news.free.fr>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=821&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#821

Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
From: bernard.desnoues@free.fr (bernard)
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2023 17:43:26 +0200
 by: bernard - Fri, 4 Aug 2023 15:43 UTC

Hello Daniel,

This is exactly what happened.

Daniel65 a écrit :
> bernard wrote on 4/8/23 3:56 am:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> This is my first message to this newsgroup.
>> I followed the classical way : Mosaic -> Netscape -> Mozilla ->
>> SeaMonkey.
>> The point : I intented to donate and I saw that SeaMonkey don't work
>> when I displayed the https://www.paypal.com/donate? page. I chose
>> "Donate whith credit card" and it freezes.
>> I had to use Firefox to do that !
>> I use SeaMonkey 2.53.16.
>> Excuse this very poor English.
>>
>> Many thanks to the developers!
>> Bernard
>
> Bernard, I've just gone to the SeaMonkey Home Page
> https://www.seamonkey-project.org/ and clicked on the 'Donate and
> Sponsor' link on the left hand side.
>
> I entered my donation, 20 Euros, clicked 'Pay by Card' button and waited
> .... and waited ..... and waited.
>
> Is this what happened for you, Bernard

Re: Donating

<kj4mjfFrrcuU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=822&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#822

From: frgrahl@gmx.net (frg)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2023 18:16:47 +0200
 by: frg - Fri, 4 Aug 2023 16:16 UTC

bernard wrote:
> Hello Daniel,
>
> This is exactly what happened.
>
> Daniel65 a écrit :
>> bernard wrote on 4/8/23 3:56 am:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> This is my first message to this newsgroup.
>>> I followed the classical way : Mosaic -> Netscape -> Mozilla -> SeaMonkey.
>>> The point : I intented to donate and I saw that SeaMonkey don't work when I
>>> displayed the https://www.paypal.com/donate? page. I chose "Donate whith
>>> credit card" and it freezes.
>>> I had to use Firefox to do that !
>>> I use SeaMonkey 2.53.16.
>>> Excuse this very poor English.
>>>
>>> Many thanks to the developers!
>>> Bernard
>>
>> Bernard, I've just gone to the SeaMonkey Home Page
>> https://www.seamonkey-project.org/ and clicked on the 'Donate and Sponsor'
>> link on the left hand side.
>>
>> I entered my donation, 20 Euros, clicked 'Pay by Card' button and waited
>> .... and waited ..... and waited.
>>
>> Is this what happened for you, Bernard

Donate with paypal seems to work but I didn't login. I paid recently soething
via paypal so suspect only card payments are affected. I see some network
transfers using some google scripts which show an error. Not sure what is
missing but you need another browser for this. If you are in the EU the
preferred payment method is Sepa Credit transfer. Lowest fees so we get the
donation amount basically 1:1.

Thanks
FRG

Re: Donating

<ual9i7$1nb4j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=826&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#826

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2023 20:50:46 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Sat, 5 Aug 2023 10:50 UTC

frg wrote on 5/8/23 2:16 am:
> bernard wrote:
>> Hello Daniel,
>>
>> This is exactly what happened.
>>
>> Daniel65 a écrit :

>>> Bernard, I've just gone to the SeaMonkey Home Page
>>> https://www.seamonkey-project.org/ and clicked on the 'Donate and
>>> Sponsor' link on the left hand side.
>>>
>>> I entered my donation, 20 Euros, clicked 'Pay by Card' button and
>>> waited .... and waited ..... and waited.
>>>
>>> Is this what happened for you, Bernard
>
> Donate with paypal seems to work but I didn't login. I paid recently
> soething via paypal so suspect only card payments are affected. I see
> some network transfers using some google scripts which show an error.
> Not sure what is missing but you need another browser for this. If you
> are in the EU the preferred payment method is Sepa Credit transfer.
> Lowest fees so we get the donation amount basically 1:1.
>
> Thanks
> FRG

Sorry!! In the EU, whos currency it the Euro, the preferred method of
payment is via Sepa Credit Transfer!!

Am I the only one that thinks that is just a bit WEIRD?? ;-)
--
Daniel

Re: Donating

<ualfqv$1o6ev$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=827&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#827

From: barryedwingilmour@gmail.com (Barryedwin1)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2023 20:37:51 +0800
 by: Barryedwin1 - Sat, 5 Aug 2023 12:37 UTC

frg wrote on 5/8/23 12:16 am:
> bernard wrote:
>> Hello Daniel,
>>
>> This is exactly what happened.
>>
>> Daniel65 a écrit :

>>> Bernard, I've just gone to the SeaMonkey Home Page
>>> https://www.seamonkey-project.org/ and clicked on the 'Donate and
>>> Sponsor' link on the left hand side.
>>>
>>> I entered my donation, 20 Euros, clicked 'Pay by Card' button and
>>> waited .... and waited ..... and waited.
>>>
>>> Is this what happened for you, Bernard
>>

> Donate with paypal seems to work but I didn't login. I paid recently
> something via paypal so suspect only card payments are affected. I see
> some network transfers using some google scripts which show an error.
> Not sure what is missing but you need another browser for this. If you
> are in the EU the preferred payment method is Sepa Credit transfer.
> Lowest fees so we get the donation amount basically 1:1.
>
> Thanks
> FRG
No, although my SeaMonkey can pay my eBay purchases via Paypal,
SeaMonkey could not pay SeaMonkey via Paypal for the past 2 donations
(May and July 2023). Prior to that, my donations all went through via
SeaMonkey/Paypal okay.
The checkout pane freezes at the payment checkout.

May's donation went via SeaMonkey/Direct Bank transfer to SeaMonkey e.V.
okay (but the Australian bank International transfer fee to EU is a killer).

For July's, I used Chromium/Paypal to get it into SeaMonkey eV Germany,
and the low inbuilt Paypal AU/US/EU International Transfer Fees are more
reasonable.

FRG, are you saying SeaMonkey Association is paying even more
transfer-fees deducted from the core donation at your SeaMonkey-end,
despite donors paying Paypal transfer and International conversion rates
and Fees at our end?

The Paypal checkout is in Euros, so does this mean you don't actually
get the full core 100 Euro donation?
Barry.

Re: Donating

<kj6unfF8dahU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=828&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#828

From: frgrahl@gmx.net (frg)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2023 14:47:42 +0200
 by: frg - Sat, 5 Aug 2023 12:47 UTC

Barryedwin1 wrote:
> frg wrote on 5/8/23 12:16 am:
>> bernard wrote:
>>> Hello Daniel,
>>>
>>> This is exactly what happened.

>> Donate with paypal seems to work but I didn't login. I paid recently
>> something via paypal so suspect only card payments are affected. I see some
>> network transfers using some google scripts which show an error. Not sure
>> what is missing but you need another browser for this. If you are in the EU
>> the preferred payment method is Sepa Credit transfer. Lowest fees so we get
>> the donation amount basically 1:1.
>>
>> Thanks
>> FRG
> No, although  my SeaMonkey can pay my eBay purchases via Paypal, SeaMonkey
> could not pay SeaMonkey via Paypal for the past 2 donations (May and July
> 2023). Prior to that, my donations all went through via SeaMonkey/Paypal okay.
> The checkout pane freezes at the payment checkout.
>
> May's donation went via SeaMonkey/Direct Bank transfer to SeaMonkey e.V. okay
> (but the Australian bank International transfer fee to EU is a killer).
>
> For July's, I used Chromium/Paypal to get it into SeaMonkey eV Germany, and
> the low inbuilt Paypal AU/US/EU International Transfer Fees are more reasonable.
>
> FRG, are you saying SeaMonkey Association is paying even more transfer-fees
> deducted from the core donation at your SeaMonkey-end, despite donors paying
> Paypal transfer and International conversion rates and Fees at our end?
>
> The Paypal checkout is in Euros, so does this mean you don't actually get the
> full core 100 Euro donation?
> Barry.

Paypal always gets a cut. I am not handling donations but the usual Paypal
rates apply. Internationally it is the best option for both but in the EU Sepa
credit transfers in Euros is the best way to donate.

I can pay ok using Paypal with ebay buit won't rule out that they have
different scripts in place in other countries which are "Chromium optimized".

Before you ask yes I don't like it but all other donation methods are worse.

FRG

Re: Donating

<ualmh6$1p6dk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=829&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#829

From: barryedwingilmour@gmail.com (Barryedwin1)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2023 22:32:03 +0800
 by: Barryedwin1 - Sat, 5 Aug 2023 14:32 UTC

frg wrote on 5/8/23 8:47 pm:
> Barryedwin1 wrote:
>> frg wrote on 5/8/23 12:16 am:

>>> Donate with paypal seems to work but I didn't login. I paid recently
>>> something via paypal so suspect only card payments are affected. I
>>> see some network transfers using some google scripts which show an
>>> error. Not sure what is missing but you need another browser for
>>> this. If you are in the EU the preferred payment method is Sepa
>>> Credit transfer. Lowest fees so we get the donation amount basically
>>> 1:1.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> FRG
>> No, although  my SeaMonkey can pay my eBay purchases via Paypal,
>> SeaMonkey could not pay SeaMonkey via Paypal for the past 2 donations
>> (May and July 2023). Prior to that, my donations all went through via
>> SeaMonkey/Paypal okay.
>> The checkout pane freezes at the payment checkout.
>>
>> May's donation went via SeaMonkey/Direct Bank transfer to SeaMonkey
>> e.V. okay (but the Australian bank International transfer fee to EU is
>> a killer).
>>
>> For July's, I used Chromium/Paypal to get it into SeaMonkey eV
>> Germany, and the low inbuilt Paypal AU/US/EU International Transfer
>> Fees are more reasonable.
>>
>> FRG, are you saying SeaMonkey Association is paying even more
>> transfer-fees deducted from the core donation at your SeaMonkey-end,
>> despite donors paying Paypal transfer and International conversion
>> rates and Fees at our end?
>>
>> The Paypal checkout is in Euros, so does this mean you don't actually
>> get the full core 100 Euro donation?
>> Barry.
>
> Paypal always gets a cut. I am not handling donations but the usual
> Paypal rates apply. Internationally it is the best option for both but
> in the EU Sepa credit transfers in Euros is the best way to donate.
>
> I can pay ok using Paypal with ebay butt won't rule out that they have
> different scripts in place in other countries which are "Chromium
> optimized".
>
> Before you ask yes I don't like it but all other donation methods are
> worse.
>
> FRG

Thanks for the info Frank. Much appreciated! Barry.

Re: Donating

<uao1d4$289d4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=833&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#833

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2023 21:49:56 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Sun, 6 Aug 2023 11:49 UTC

Barryedwin1 wrote on 5/8/23 10:37 pm:
> frg wrote on 5/8/23 12:16 am:
>> bernard wrote:
>>> Hello Daniel,
>>>
>>> This is exactly what happened.

>> Donate with paypal seems to work but I didn't login. I paid
>> recently something via paypal so suspect only card payments are
>> affected. I see some network transfers using some google scripts
>> which show an error. Not sure what is missing but you need another
>> browser for this. If you are in the EU the preferred payment method
>> is Sepa Credit transfer. Lowest fees so we get the donation amount
>> basically 1:1.
>>
>> Thanks FRG
> No, although my SeaMonkey can pay my eBay purchases via Paypal,
> SeaMonkey could not pay SeaMonkey via Paypal for the past 2 donations
> (May and July 2023). Prior to that, my donations all went through
> via SeaMonkey/Paypal okay. The checkout pane freezes at the payment
> checkout.
>
> May's donation went via SeaMonkey/Direct Bank transfer to SeaMonkey
> e.V. okay (but the Australian bank International transfer fee to EU
> is a killer).
>
> For July's, I used Chromium/Paypal to get it into SeaMonkey eV
> Germany, and the low inbuilt Paypal AU/US/EU International Transfer
> Fees are more reasonable.

Just donated E20 (AU$34.94). Already scheduled to leave my Aus Bank
account overnight or whenever.