From: ga@gal.com (floffy)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Subject: Re: Need help shrinking my Linux partition.
Date: 9 Apr 2024 21:41:05 -0500
Sender: "floffy" <ga@gal.com>
 by: floffy - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 02:41 UTC

You need a Diploma to use Linux etc ...
so command line and Complicate
Linux mint Look Cartoon display and have command no useful for Commun users

philo <philo@privacy.net> wrote:
>On 4/29/20 5:33 PM, Big Al wrote:

>>> My two main machines are dual boot Linux and Windows so I can run any
>>> two OS's at the same time>
>>>
>>> I have a hard time concentrating on any one task so since this shut-in
>>> period actually run three separate computers as I built a few for my
>>> wife too.
>>>

>>> Her machine is mainly used to print photos, so while I'm running that
>>> , I may do so word processing on an other machine, then check email
>>> and FB on another.
>>>

>>> Though all could be done on one machine, since I have all these
>>> machines available, might as well use them.
>>>
>>> Due to all OS's on separate drives I can switch things around all I want
>> I used to have two desktop machines with a kvm to de-clutter my desktop.
>

>I have a KVM but use it for KB and mouse only.
>
>My desk is easily large enough for two monitors .
>

>It was a huge office desk I paid almost nothing for so the $100 I paid
>to have it moved here was worth it.
>

>I don't know how I got along with only one monitor.

Re: Need help shrinking my Linux partition.

<l7m9pgFn0iqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8248&group=alt.os.linux.mint#8248

From: Gordon@leaf.net.nz (Gordon)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: 10 Apr 2024 01:53:52 GMT
 by: Gordon - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 01:53 UTC

On 2024-04-10, floffy <ga@gal.com> wrote:

> You need a Diploma to use Linux etc ...

Then please do your self a favour and stick with windows.

> so command line and Complicate
> Linux mint Look Cartoon display and have command no useful for Commun users
>

> philo <philo@privacy.net> wrote:

>>> I used to have two desktop machines with a kvm to de-clutter my desktop.
>>

>>I have a KVM but use it for KB and mouse only.
>>
>>My desk is easily large enough for two monitors .
>>

>>It was a huge office desk I paid almost nothing for so the $100 I paid
>>to have it moved here was worth it.
>>

>>I don't know how I got along with only one monitor.

Re: Need help shrinking my Linux partition.

<uv5cfg$q1j6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8249&group=alt.os.linux.mint#8249

From: Jeff@invalid.invalid (Jeff Layman)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 07:44:00 +0100
 by: Jeff Layman - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 06:44 UTC

On 10/04/2024 02:53, Gordon wrote:
> On 2024-04-10, floffy <ga@gal.com> wrote:
>>
>> You need a Diploma to use Linux etc ...
>
> Then please do your self a favour and stick with windows.

He seems to be picking up some 4-years old threads to reply to (also see

Jeff

Re: Need help shrinking my Linux partition.

<uv5erf$ql0o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8251&group=alt.os.linux.mint#8251

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 03:24:30 -0400
 by: Paul - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 07:24 UTC

On 4/10/2024 2:44 AM, Jeff Layman wrote:
> On 10/04/2024 02:53, Gordon wrote:
>> On 2024-04-10, floffy <ga@gal.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> You need a Diploma to use Linux etc ...
>>
>> Then please do your self a favour and stick with windows.
>
> He seems to be picking up some 4-years old threads to reply to (also see next post on "Re: Mint 9.3 vpn"). Strange.

I think that's possibly the Gallaxial Admin.

Dumb me, it's in the path on his header. Gallaxial.

You need a Diploma for Windows too. Try and fix KB5034441
(WinRE partition size problem) as a test of your skillz.
Some people are discovering for the first time, that their
machine is encrypted :-) Funny stuff. You need a sense of
humor for sure.

Paul

Re: Need help shrinking my Linux partition.

<slrnv1cv0p.9nd.dan@djph.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=8254&group=alt.os.linux.mint#8254

From: dan@djph.net (Dan Purgert)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mint
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 11:46:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Dan Purgert - Wed, 10 Apr 2024 11:46 UTC

On 2024-04-10, Paul wrote:
> On 4/10/2024 2:44 AM, Jeff Layman wrote:

>>> Then please do your self a favour and stick with windows.
>>
>> He seems to be picking up some 4-years old threads to reply to (also see next post on "Re: Mint 9.3 vpn"). Strange.
>>

> I think that's possibly the Gallaxial Admin.
>
> Dumb me, it's in the path on his header. Gallaxial.
>
> You need a Diploma for Windows too. Try and fix KB5034441[...]

"Format and reinstall" :)

--
|_|O|_|