From: hzcnjkx656@tormails.com (None)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.sendmail
Subject: max message size in relay server
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 10:15:18 +0200
 by: None - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 08:15 UTC

What would be the simplest way to limit a message size send to an email
address. I was hoping to find something in the access map that would
allow something like a max size of 10MB.

Maybe interesting for others to know
I have an exchange server and when you define a maximum message size of
eg 10MB, and have configured an extra pop account that retrieves email
and stores this in exchange. All messages >10MB will just disappear.
Exchange is not rejecting it, it is just accepting the message and then
deletes it without notification. (Obviously when you report such weird
handling at M$, you get that this is by design)

Re: max message size in relay server

<u9lcku$nlf$1@news.misty.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=761&group=comp.mail.sendmail#761

From: INVALID_NO_CC_REMOVE_IF_YOU_DO_NOT_POST_ml+sendmail(-no-copies-please)@esmtp.org (Claus Aßmann)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.sendmail
Subject: Re: max message size in relay server
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 04:27:10 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: <ml+sendmail(-no-copies-please)@esmtp.org>
Originator: ca@x2.esmtp.org (Claus Assmann)
 by: Claus Aßmann - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 08:27 UTC

None wrote:
> What would be the simplest way to limit a message size send to an email
> address. I was hoping to find something in the access map that would
> allow something like a max size of 10MB.

Did you take a look at the fine documentation?

4.14. Maximum Message Size

To avoid overflowing your system with a large
message, the MaxMessageSize option can be set to set
an absolute limit on the size of any one message.

Note: this is enforced on the "incoming" side -- which should work
ok as mail must be submitted to your server before it is send "out".

--
Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never
reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous

Re: max message size in relay server

<u9lea6$jmoi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=762&group=comp.mail.sendmail#762

From: hzcnjkx656@tormails.com (None)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.sendmail
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 10:55:34 +0200
 by: None - Mon, 24 Jul 2023 08:55 UTC

> 4.14. Maximum Message Size
>
> To avoid overflowing your system with a large
> message, the MaxMessageSize option can be set to set
> an absolute limit on the size of any one message.

Yes I have this, for other 'linux' accounts, would like to keep this.
define(`confMAX_MESSAGE_SIZE',`52428800')dnl