From: ant@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: How do I import my local PrefBar's *.btn files?
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2023 16:11:16 +0000
 by: Ant - Wed, 5 Jul 2023 16:11 UTC

I can import online, but how do I import locally from my local drive
without a web site?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
"In [Christ] and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence." --Ephesians 3:12. Bad AQ after bad Independence Day. Thanks USA. Still recovering from a flying stingy social insect's stinger & fall, getting hot, bugs, etc. :(
| |o o| |

Re: How do I import my local PrefBar's *.btn files?

<u84ceo$jbs6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=737&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#737

From: nobody@nowhere.invalid (David E. Ross)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Subject: Re: How do I import my local PrefBar's *.btn files?
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2023 11:23:17 -0700
 by: David E. Ross - Wed, 5 Jul 2023 18:23 UTC

On 7/5/2023 9:11 AM, Ant wrote:
> I can import online, but how do I import locally from my local drive
> without a web site?
>
> Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

The following is based on my Windows 7 configuration. Your Linux
configuration should be similar.

1. Launch SeaMonkey.

2. On the PrefBar toolbar, right-click and select Customize PrefBar in
the pull-down context menu.

3. In the PrefBar window, right-click anywhere in the right-hand Enabled
Items area and select Import in the pull-down context menu.

4. In the "Import Buttons from File" window, navigate to the location of
the .btn file, select the file, and then select the Open button.

5. The new button will be at the very end of the PrefBar toolbar. Drag
and drop it in the Enabled Items area corresponding to where you really
want it to appear in the toolbar.

6. On the PrefBar window, select the OK button.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

For 30 years, I was a software test engineer, testing the
software used by the U.S. military to operate its space
satellites. The missions of most of those satellites were
highly classified, so I had a very high security clearance.
If I were convicted of what Donald Trump has been accused,
I would have been sentenced to decades in prison. Thus, I
indeed support the concept of equal treatment under the law.

Re: How do I import my local PrefBar's *.btn files?

<GRucnQEGG_jlWzj5nZ2dnZfqnPZj4p2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=738&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#738

From: ant@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2023 19:37:28 +0000
 by: Ant - Wed, 5 Jul 2023 19:37 UTC

David E. Ross <nobody@nowhere.invalid> wrote:
> On 7/5/2023 9:11 AM, Ant wrote:
> > I can import online, but how do I import locally from my local drive
> > without a web site?
> >
> > Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
> >

> The following is based on my Windows 7 configuration. Your Linux
> configuration should be similar.

> 1. Launch SeaMonkey.

> 2. On the PrefBar toolbar, right-click and select Customize PrefBar in
> the pull-down context menu.

> 3. In the PrefBar window, right-click anywhere in the right-hand Enabled
> Items area and select Import in the pull-down context menu.

> 4. In the "Import Buttons from File" window, navigate to the location of
> the .btn file, select the file, and then select the Open button.

> 5. The new button will be at the very end of the PrefBar toolbar. Drag
> and drop it in the Enabled Items area corresponding to where you really
> want it to appear in the toolbar.

> 6. On the PrefBar window, select the OK button.

Ah, thank you. I didn't do the right click. :)