From: oldrah@hotmail.com (DICK HOFFMAN)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Subject: SeaMonkey not showing read messages
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2023 17:59:44 -0400
 by: DICK HOFFMAN - Mon, 3 Jul 2023 21:59 UTC

Still haven't figured out what's going on here. After I read messages
but leave them in my Earthlink Inbox if I go to another email account
and then come back to Earthlink all previously read messages are gone.
Right now, there are no messages shown in the Inbox although the count
says there are 68.

Re: SeaMonkey not showing read messages

<u7vr5f$3rbl0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=726&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#726

From: oldrah@hotmail.com (DICK HOFFMAN)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Subject: Re: SeaMonkey not showing read messages
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2023 21:03:42 -0400
 by: DICK HOFFMAN - Tue, 4 Jul 2023 01:03 UTC

On 7/3/2023 5:59 PM, DICK HOFFMAN wrote:
> Still haven't figured out what's going on here. After I read messages
> but leave them in my Earthlink Inbox if I go to another email account
> and then come back to Earthlink all previously read messages are gone.
> Right now, there are no messages shown in the Inbox although the count
> says there are 68.
As I said earlier, View Messages All is set. However, View Threads was
set to Unread. When I changed that a whole bunch of read messages
reappeared in the Inbox. The 68 plus one that came in later. All very
strange.

Re: SeaMonkey not showing read messages

<u80tue$33qc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=728&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#728

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2023 20:57:20 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Tue, 4 Jul 2023 10:57 UTC

DICK HOFFMAN wrote on 4/7/23 11:03 am:
> On 7/3/2023 5:59 PM, DICK HOFFMAN wrote:
>> Still haven't figured out what's going on here. After I read messages
>> but leave them in my Earthlink Inbox if I go to another email account
>> and then come back to Earthlink all previously read messages are gone.
>> Right now, there are no messages shown in the Inbox although the count
>> says there are 68.
> As I said earlier, View Messages All is set. However, View Threads was
> set to Unread. When I changed that a whole bunch of read messages
> reappeared in the Inbox. The 68 plus one that came in later. All very
> strange.

Dick, if you had View -> Threads set to "Threads with Unread" but you
had read all your messages, then SM was doing exactly what you were
telling it to do ... even though you had also selected View -> Messages
-> All

As I understand it, if you had View -> Messages -> All selected then,
when a new message arrived in a particular thread, then you would also
see all the previously read messages in that particular thread, as well
as the (new) Unread Message. If there are no Unread messages in a
thread, you don't see that thread listed.
--
Daniel

Re: SeaMonkey not showing read messages

<u81il3$5bpt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=731&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#731

From: oldrah@hotmail.com (DICK HOFFMAN)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2023 12:50:39 -0400
 by: DICK HOFFMAN - Tue, 4 Jul 2023 16:50 UTC

On 7/4/2023 6:57 AM, Daniel65 wrote:
> DICK HOFFMAN wrote on 4/7/23 11:03 am:
>> On 7/3/2023 5:59 PM, DICK HOFFMAN wrote:
>>> Still haven't figured out what's going on here. After I read messages
>>> but leave them in my Earthlink Inbox if I go to another email account
>>> and then come back to Earthlink all previously read messages are
>>> gone. Right now, there are no messages shown in the Inbox although
>>> the count says there are 68.
>> As I said earlier, View Messages All is set. However, View Threads was
>> set to Unread. When I changed that a whole bunch of read messages
>> reappeared in the Inbox. The 68 plus one that came in later. All very
>> strange.
>
> Dick, if you had View -> Threads set to "Threads with Unread" but you
> had read all your messages, then SM was doing exactly what you were
> telling it to do ... even though you had also selected View -> Messages
> -> All
>
> As I understand it, if you had View -> Messages -> All selected then,
> when a new message arrived in a particular thread, then you would also
> see all the previously read messages in that particular thread, as well
> as the (new) Unread Message. If there are no Unread messages in a
> thread, you don't see that thread listed.
Thanks for the explanation. I'm satisfied that it's working the way I
want it now.

Re: SeaMonkey not showing read messages

<u82vsv$dvr2$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=734&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#734

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2023 15:42:55 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Wed, 5 Jul 2023 05:42 UTC

DICK HOFFMAN wrote on 5/07/2023 2:50 am:
> On 7/4/2023 6:57 AM, Daniel65 wrote:
>> DICK HOFFMAN wrote on 4/7/23 11:03 am:
>>> As I said earlier, View Messages All is set. However, View Threads
>>> was set to Unread. When I changed that a whole bunch of read messages
>>> reappeared in the Inbox. The 68 plus one that came in later. All very
>>> strange.
>>
>> Dick, if you had View -> Threads set to "Threads with Unread" but you
>> had read all your messages, then SM was doing exactly what you were
>> telling it to do ... even though you had also selected View ->
>> Messages -> All
>>
>> As I understand it, if you had View -> Messages -> All selected then,
>> when a new message arrived in a particular thread, then you would also
>> see all the previously read messages in that particular thread, as
>> well as the (new) Unread Message. If there are no Unread messages in a
>> thread, you don't see that thread listed.
> Thanks for the explanation. I'm satisfied that it's working the way I
> want it now.

No probs, we're all here to try to help each other.
--
Daniel