From: ctan-ann@ctan.org (CTAN Announcements)
Newsgroups: comp.text.tex
Subject: CTAN update: robust-externalize
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 21:17:15 +0100
To: ctan-ann@ctan.org
 by: CTAN Announcements - Sat, 16 Sep 2023 20:17 UTC

Léo Colisson submitted an update to the

robust-externalize

package.

Version number: 2.0
License type: mit

Summary description: Cache anything (TikZ, python, ...) in a robust, efficient and pure
way

Announcement text:

Major update to this caching library: it brings some major performance improvements (5
times faster than before, so overall we compile the file 22x times faster). We can also
now automatically cache (or not) selected environments and macros, including tikz,
precompile presets etc, parallel compilation of pictures, better documentation on how to
avoid using -shell-escape, and much more.

To achieve this, I needed to introduce some minor non-backward compatible changes (but
the first version CTAN release was only a few days ago, so it should not be too much of

This package is located at
https://mirrors.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/robust-externalize

More information is at
https://www.ctan.org/pkg/robust-externalize

CTAN is run entirely by volunteers and supported by TeX user groups

Please join a user group or donate to one, see https://ctan.org/lugs

Thanks for the upload.

For the CTAN Team
Ina Dau