From: candycane@f172.n1.z21.fsxnet (candycane)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.raspberry-pi
Subject: Re: Streaming NetFlix on a Pi
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 19:57:13 +1300
 by: candycane - Fri, 25 Aug 2023 06:57 UTC

CNK> Youtube-dl with "-f 18" suits me fine and that's even lower quality
CNK> again. I'd recommend that (or something with a GUI like
CNK> gtk-pipe-viewer) instead of battling the web browser for YouTube on
CNK> the Pi.

The version of youtube-dl that debian (and raspbian) has is broken.

---------------

.... Electricity is just organized lightning.
___ MultiMail/Linux v0.52

Re: Streaming NetFlix on a Pi

<64e95cbd@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=7053&group=comp.sys.raspberry-pi#7053

From: not@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd Kev)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.raspberry-pi
Date: 26 Aug 2023 12:00:29 +1000
 by: Computer Nerd Kev - Sat, 26 Aug 2023 02:00 UTC

candycane <candycane@f172.n1.z21.fsxnet> wrote:
> CNK> Youtube-dl with "-f 18" suits me fine and that's even lower quality
> CNK> again. I'd recommend that (or something with a GUI like
> CNK> gtk-pipe-viewer) instead of battling the web browser for YouTube on
> CNK> the Pi.
>
> The version of youtube-dl that debian (and raspbian) has is broken.

That's probably right. But it's a Python script so if you've got
Python installed you should be able to run the latest version
that can be downloaded here after "chmod a+rx youtube-dl":
https://github.com/ytdl-patched/youtube-dl/releases/latest/download/youtube-dl

--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Re: Streaming NetFlix on a Pi

<2795231851@f172.n1.z21.fsxnet>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=7055&group=comp.sys.raspberry-pi#7055

From: candycane@f172.n1.z21.fsxnet (candycane)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.raspberry-pi
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 00:08:15 +1300
 by: candycane - Fri, 25 Aug 2023 11:08 UTC

CN> that can be downloaded here after "chmod a+rx youtube-dl":
CN> https://github.com/ytdl-patched/youtube-dl/releases/latest/download/youtub

If I'm installing an external program, I would say yt-dlp is better.

user is generated from /dev/urandom