You can't evaluate a man by logic alone. -- McCoy, "I, Mudd", stardate 4513.3

computers / alt.comp.software.seamonkey / wikipedia link hover stopped working

SubjectAuthor
* wikipedia link hover stopped workinggerry 666uk
+* wikipedia link hover stopped workingBarryedwin1
|`* wikipedia link hover stopped workingHank Rogers
| `* wikipedia link hover stopped workingBarryedwin1
|  `* wikipedia link hover stopped workingHank Rogers
|   `* wikipedia link hover stopped workingBarryedwin1
|    `- wikipedia link hover stopped workingHank Rogers
`- wikipedia link hover stopped workingDavid E. Ross

1
wikipedia link hover stopped working

<u7mmr5$2iaao$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=694&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#694

From: gerry666uk@protonmail.com (gerry 666uk)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Subject: wikipedia link hover stopped working
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 14:54:45 +0100
 by: gerry 666uk - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 13:54 UTC

wikipedia articles have certain words in the hyperlink color which you
can hover over to see a preview of the related article, but this has
stopped working in SM, still works in FF.

Re: wikipedia link hover stopped working

<u7mtau$2j10n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=696&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#696

From: barryedwingilmour@gmail.com (Barryedwin1)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Subject: Re: wikipedia link hover stopped working
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 23:45:34 +0800
 by: Barryedwin1 - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 15:45 UTC

gerry 666uk wrote on 30/6/23 9:54 pm:
> wikipedia articles have certain words in the hyperlink color which you
> can hover over to see a preview of the related article, but this has
> stopped working in SM, still works in FF.

I think it is Wikipedia converting to Google-stuff.
Firefox gives most but not all of the full preview, but Chromium does.

Re: wikipedia link hover stopped working

<u7mteu$2j1sq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=697&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#697

From: nobody@nowhere.invalid (David E. Ross)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 08:47:40 -0700
 by: David E. Ross - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 15:47 UTC

On 6/30/2023 6:54 AM, gerry 666uk wrote:
> wikipedia articles have certain words in the hyperlink color which you
> can hover over to see a preview of the related article, but this has
> stopped working in SM, still works in FF.

I find that feature of Wikipedia to be very annoying. To disable it, I
disable JavaScript, both for the local Web page and globally.

You want to enable that feature. Thus, you must make sure JavaScript is
enabled. If you have an add-on that blocks scripts, you might also have
to disable that add-on.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

For 30 years, I was a software test engineer, testing the
software used by the U.S. military to operate its space
satellites. The missions of most of those satellites were
highly classified, so I had a very high security clearance.
If I were convicted of what Donald Trump has been accused,
I would have been sentenced to decades in prison. Thus, I
indeed support the concept of equal treatment under the law.

Re: wikipedia link hover stopped working

<ZTEnM.31$Sc61.23@fx39.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=698&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#698

Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
From: hank@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 13:09:53 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 18:09 UTC

Barryedwin1 wrote:
> gerry 666uk wrote on 30/6/23 9:54 pm:
>> wikipedia articles have certain words in the hyperlink color
>> which you can hover over to see a preview of the related
>> article, but this has stopped working in SM, still works in FF.
>
> I think it is Wikipedia converting to Google-stuff.
> Firefox gives most but not all of the full preview, but
> Chromium does.

Edge also seems to work, which is not surprising since it's
actually chrome wearing bright microsoft lipstick. I hadn't
noticed this till you mentioned it, because I use edge so rarely.

I do miss the preview popups. Originally I hated it and turned
it off. Then I realized it saves loading other wiki pages just
to see the basic definition. Comes in handy, since I'm not a
polymath.

Re: wikipedia link hover stopped working

<u7n7s8$2k3ht$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=700&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#700

From: barryedwingilmour@gmail.com (Barryedwin1)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2023 02:45:28 +0800
 by: Barryedwin1 - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 18:45 UTC

Hank Rogers wrote on 1/7/23 2:09 am:
> Barryedwin1 wrote:
>> gerry 666uk wrote on 30/6/23 9:54 pm:
>>> wikipedia articles have certain words in the hyperlink color which
>>> you can hover over to see a preview of the related article, but this
>>> has stopped working in SM, still works in FF.
>>
>> I think it is Wikipedia converting to Google-stuff.
>> Firefox gives most but not all of the full preview, but Chromium does.
>
> Edge also seems to work, which is not surprising since it's actually
> chrome wearing bright microsoft lipstick. I hadn't noticed this till you
> mentioned it, because I use edge so rarely.
>
> I do miss the preview popups. Originally I hated it and turned it off.
> Then I realized it saves loading other wiki pages just to see the basic
> definition. Comes in handy, since I'm not a polymath.

eBay preview popups still work, so site-specific.

Re: wikipedia link hover stopped working

<2DGnM.2106$edH5.948@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=701&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#701

Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
From: hank@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 15:08:23 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 20:08 UTC

Barryedwin1 wrote:
> Hank Rogers wrote on 1/7/23 2:09 am:
>> Barryedwin1 wrote:
>>>
>>> I think it is Wikipedia converting to Google-stuff.
>>> Firefox gives most but not all of the full preview, but
>>> Chromium does.
>>
>> Edge also seems to work, which is not surprising since it's
>> actually chrome wearing bright microsoft lipstick. I hadn't
>> noticed this till you mentioned it, because I use edge so
>> rarely.
>>
>> I do miss the preview popups. Originally I hated it and
>> turned it off. Then I realized it saves loading other wiki
>> pages just to see the basic definition. Comes in handy, since
>> I'm not a polymath.
>>

> eBay preview popups still work, so site-specific.

Do you mean the ebay "hoover to zoom" type popups? I like those
too, since my eyesight isn't great.

Re: wikipedia link hover stopped working

<u7nfnb$2kv78$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=702&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#702

From: barryedwingilmour@gmail.com (Barryedwin1)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2023 04:59:23 +0800
 by: Barryedwin1 - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 20:59 UTC

Hank Rogers wrote on 1/7/23 4:08 am:
> Barryedwin1 wrote:
>> Hank Rogers wrote on 1/7/23 2:09 am:

>>> Edge also seems to work, which is not surprising since it's actually
>>> chrome wearing bright microsoft lipstick. I hadn't noticed this till
>>> you mentioned it, because I use edge so rarely.
>>>
>>> I do miss the preview popups. Originally I hated it and turned it
>>> off. Then I realized it saves loading other wiki pages just to see
>>> the basic definition. Comes in handy, since I'm not a polymath.
>>>

>> eBay preview popups still work, so site-specific.
>
> Do you mean the ebay "hoover to zoom" type popups? I like those too,
> since my eyesight isn't great.
Yes, else we need to open a stack of pages.

Re: wikipedia link hover stopped working

<%jJnM.34$eGef.10@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=705&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#705

Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
From: hank@nospam.invalid (Hank Rogers)
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 18:12:56 -0500
 by: Hank Rogers - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 23:12 UTC

Barryedwin1 wrote:
> Hank Rogers wrote on 1/7/23 4:08 am:
>> Barryedwin1 wrote:

>>> eBay preview popups still work, so site-specific.
>>
>> Do you mean the ebay "hoover to zoom" type popups? I like
>> those too, since my eyesight isn't great.
> Yes, else we need to open a stack of pages.

And they are still not as magnified as the "hoover to zoom"
view is.

For a good while these didn't work on ebay with seamonkey, and
I'm so glad they got this working.