From: crasso@nycap.rr.com (John Smith)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Subject: Can't send email with Hermes Eudora
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 16:53:21 -0500
 by: John Smith - Tue, 23 Jan 2024 21:53 UTC

I installed Hermes Eudora today on my new Win10. It had refused my
standard, original Eudora7. It went fairly easily, but I can't
remember being offered an opportunity to set another email folder,
rather that accepting the standard one. I got it set up with the same
pop and smtp stuff (mysterious to me but they have worked for me a
long time). l downloaded my email successfully with a password.
Sending email was impossible though. It hasn't worked for months in
Win7's Eudora7 or XP's Eudora7. I guess Spectrum has become one of
those 'modern' ISPs who have divorced us uneducated users. Can anyone
help me set up my Hermes Eudora so it would meet Spectrum's finicky
requirements for my outgoing mail?

Re: Can't send email with Hermes Eudora

<054c533b-9a5b-4e02-8795-f51998ff9f10n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=672&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#672

Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 06:59:13 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Can't send email with Hermes Eudora
From: dave-h@sky.com (DaveH2)
 by: DaveH2 - Wed, 24 Jan 2024 14:59 UTC

On Tuesday 23 January 2024 at 21:53:33 UTC, John Smith wrote:
> I installed Hermes Eudora today on my new Win10. It had refused my
> standard, original Eudora7. It went fairly easily, but I can't
> remember being offered an opportunity to set another email folder,
> rather that accepting the standard one. I got it set up with the same
> pop and smtp stuff (mysterious to me but they have worked for me a
> long time). l downloaded my email successfully with a password.
> Sending email was impossible though. It hasn't worked for months in
> Win7's Eudora7 or XP's Eudora7. I guess Spectrum has become one of
> those 'modern' ISPs who have divorced us uneducated users. Can anyone
> help me set up my Hermes Eudora so it would meet Spectrum's finicky
> requirements for my outgoing mail?

If receiving messages is working OK, the Hermes update must be working fine.
Check the settings for the persona you're using, and make sure all the SMTP details are correct for Spectrum.
Most importantly, make sure that 'Required, Alternate Port' is set at the bottom of the window.