From: thosrtanner58@yahoo.co.uk (Tom Tanner)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Subject: how do I get hold of the RSS feeds on a page
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2023 16:28:48 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Tom Tanner - Sat, 3 Jun 2023 16:28 UTC

I've been maintaining the inforss extension (RSS reader) on palemoon for
some time and thought I'd try it on seamonkey as that still supports XUL

After having updated the manifest, I have it running succesfully
(although sometimes seamonkey reports it's unable to read chrome.manifest
after dropping an xpi onto it, for no obvious reason).

However, one of the options is to show the feeds on the current page,
which it gets to via gBrowser.mCurrentBrowser.feeds.

But that doesn't seem to exist any more (although the page properties
show the feeds still).

Where do I find this information?

Re: how do I get hold of the RSS feeds on a page

<_3qdneddk997vBr5nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=627&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#627

Subject: Re: how do I get hold of the RSS feeds on a page
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
From: surname@gmx.net.plusremovethisandtherest.example.com (Dirk Fieldhouse)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 14:47:17 +0100
 by: Dirk Fieldhouse - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 13:47 UTC

On 03/06/2023 17:28, Tom Tanner wrote:
> I've been maintaining the inforss extension (RSS reader) on palemoon for
> some time and thought I'd try it on seamonkey as that still supports XUL
>
> After having updated the manifest, I have it running succesfully
> (although sometimes seamonkey reports it's unable to read chrome.manifest
> after dropping an xpi onto it, for no obvious reason).
>
> However, one of the options is to show the feeds on the current page,
> which it gets to via gBrowser.mCurrentBrowser.feeds.
>
> But that doesn't seem to exist any more (although the page properties
> show the feeds still).
>
> Where do I find this information?

Look at how the native RSS reader does it?

Having said that, maybe your port to SM should just enhance the native
reader to offer whatever additional functionality is in the extension?

/df

--
London
UK

Re: how do I get hold of the RSS feeds on a page

<keor6mFjdq6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=628&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#628

From: frgrahl@gmx.net (frg)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 17:16:38 +0200
 by: frg - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 15:16 UTC

Dirk Fieldhouse wrote:
> On 03/06/2023 17:28, Tom Tanner wrote:
>> I've been maintaining the inforss extension (RSS reader) on palemoon for
>> some time and thought I'd try it on seamonkey as that still supports XUL
>>
>> After having updated the manifest, I have it running succesfully
>> (although sometimes seamonkey reports it's unable to read chrome.manifest
>> after dropping an xpi onto it, for no obvious reason).
>>
>> However, one of the options is to show the feeds on the current page,
>> which it gets to via gBrowser.mCurrentBrowser.feeds.
>>
>> But that doesn't seem to exist any more (although the page properties
>> show the feeds still).
>>
>> Where do I find this information?
>>

> Look at how the native RSS reader does it?
>
> Having said that, maybe your port to SM should just enhance the native
> reader to offer whatever additional functionality is in the extension?
>
> /df

GetBrowser() instead of might help but otherwise the url bar shows the current
feeds in an icon. Has been some time since I touched this code and was pretty
murky. The integrated mailnews reader is all I ever need but the more the merrier.
This might help:
http://xr.binaryoutcast.com/seamonkey-2.53/source/comm/suite/browser/content.js#165
http://xr.binaryoutcast.com/seamonkey-2.53/source/comm/suite/browser/tabbrowser.xml#1026

FRG

Re: how do I get hold of the RSS feeds on a page

<u6d7qd$41qh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=634&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#634

From: thosrtanner58@yahoo.co.uk (Tom Tanner)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 20:26:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Tom Tanner - Wed, 14 Jun 2023 20:26 UTC

On Mon, 12 Jun 2023 17:16:38 +0200, frg wrote:

> GetBrowser() instead of might help but otherwise the url bar shows the
> current feeds in an icon. Has been some time since I touched this code
> and was pretty murky. The integrated mailnews reader is all I ever need
> but the more the merrier.
> This might help:
> http://xr.binaryoutcast.com/seamonkey-2.53/source/comm/suite/browser/
content.js#165
> http://xr.binaryoutcast.com/seamonkey-2.53/source/comm/suite/browser/
tabbrowser.xml#1026

> FRG

Thanks for the pointer to that code. It's quite helpful.

computers / alt.comp.software.seamonkey / Re: how do I get hold of the RSS feeds on a page