There are some things worth dying for. -- Kirk, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3201.7

computers / comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows / Re: Bad News about my E Mai

SubjectAuthor
* Bad News about my E MaiKaelkitty
+* Re: Bad News about my E Maignuarm.del...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Bad News about my E Maijetjock
|`* Re: Bad News about my E MaiKaelkitty
| `* Re: Bad News about my E Maignuarm.del...@gmail.com
|  +* Re: Bad News about my E MaiKaelkitty
|  |`* Re: Bad News about my E Maignuarm.del...@gmail.com
|  | `- Re: Bad News about my E Maijetjock
|  `* Re: Bad News about my E MaiNorris
|   `* Re: Bad News about my E Maignuarm.del...@gmail.com
|    `* Re: Bad News about my E MaiDean Calvert
|     `- Re: Bad News about my E Maijetjock
`- Re: Bad News about my E Maiinpu...@gmail.com

1
Bad News about my E Mai

<48bf7015-1e07-4b84-aef3-bd9064aef1aan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=616&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#616

Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 01:30:26 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Bad News about my E Mai
From: jacqfelis@gmail.com (Kaelkitty)
 by: Kaelkitty - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 08:30 UTC

This is my news:

Update your settings to keep your email app access working.

There are email accounts in your organization using Basic Authentication, which Microsoft will no longer support after 06/29/2023. You'll still be able to access your email through your browser, but not from an email app, such as Outlook or Apple Mail don't worry, none of your emails willl be lost.

In order to continue using your email apps, you need to update your settings from POP/IMAP to Exchange for each device you use to check your email. This also applies to other users who are set up within your account using POP/IMAP settings. Here's how to update your email settings.

My basic reponse to thius is ARRGH! I have onle got to the end of the month to fix this! I don't even know what Exchange is, or what it does and I had never heard of it before I recieved this email

Yours Sincerely,
Ms Jacq Felis.

Re: Bad News about my E Mai

<5b719c01-bc28-4975-a804-d5b93c87faefn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=617&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#617

Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 09:09:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Bad News about my E Mai
From: gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com (gnuarm.del...@gmail.com)
 by: gnuarm.del...@gmail. - Sun, 18 Jun 2023 16:09 UTC

On Saturday, June 17, 2023 at 4:30:28 AM UTC-4, Kaelkitty wrote:
> This is my news:
>

> Update your settings to keep your email app access working.
>
> There are email accounts in your organization using Basic Authentication, which Microsoft will no longer support after 06/29/2023. You'll still be able to access your email through your browser, but not from an email app, such as Outlook or Apple Mail don't worry, none of your emails willl be lost..
>
> In order to continue using your email apps, you need to update your settings from POP/IMAP to Exchange for each device you use to check your email. This also applies to other users who are set up within your account using POP/IMAP settings. Here's how to update your email settings.
>
> My basic reponse to thius is ARRGH! I have onle got to the end of the month to fix this! I don't even know what Exchange is, or what it does and I had never heard of it before I recieved this email

I don't know what "Exchange" is either. Email has two access protocols, POP3 and IMAP. Exchange is something special with Microsoft, I'm sure.

Doesn't Microsoft give you any specific information on how to set it up?

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: Bad News about my E Mai

<pdcu8i1o1qio3obju3hqvt4qetrd9dtbsc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=618&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#618

From: jetjock@unkown.com (jetjock)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 11:33:36 -0500
 by: jetjock - Sun, 18 Jun 2023 16:33 UTC

On Sun, 18 Jun 2023 09:09:23 -0700 (PDT), "gnuarm.del...@gmail.com"
<gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Saturday, June 17, 2023 at 4:30:28?AM UTC-4, Kaelkitty wrote:
>> This is my news:
>>

>> Update your settings to keep your email app access working.
>>
>> There are email accounts in your organization using Basic Authentication, which Microsoft will no longer support after 06/29/2023. You'll still be able to access your email through your browser, but not from an email app, such as Outlook or Apple Mail don't worry, none of your emails willl be lost.
>>
>> In order to continue using your email apps, you need to update your settings from POP/IMAP to Exchange for each device you use to check your email. This also applies to other users who are set up within your account using POP/IMAP settings. Here's how to update your email settings.
>>
>> My basic reponse to thius is ARRGH! I have onle got to the end of the month to fix this! I don't even know what Exchange is, or what it does and I had never heard of it before I recieved this email
>
>I don't know what "Exchange" is either. Email has two access protocols, POP3 and IMAP. Exchange is something special with Microsoft, I'm sure.
>
>Doesn't Microsoft give you any specific information on how to set it up?

After one quick search, I found this:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/what-is-a-microsoft-exchange-account-47f000aa-c2bf-48ac-9bc2-83e5c6036793

Re: Bad News about my E Mai

<c227f9d5-6b90-4a28-b422-3d925a28748fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=619&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#619

Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 17:01:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: jacqfelis@gmail.com (Kaelkitty)
 by: Kaelkitty - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 00:01 UTC

Sorry I haven't replied earlier, I was having another problem (unrelated to this)

Here is the "Help" page I was directed to. It might as well be gibberish to me!

Update my Microsoft 365 account to Exchange in other clients

If you’re currently using Microsoft 365 as a POP or IMAP account but want to switch to Exchange, you’ll need to change the settings in your email client. We recommend using Outlook or any of the clients in this list. However, if you use a different client, the following guidance can assist you in switching to Exchange settings.
IMAP

If your Microsoft 365 email account uses IMAP settings, things like your email and folders are synced with the server. Other common email items like calendars and contacts usually aren’t synced, so you’ll want to back them up before making the switch. Please refer to your client provider for instructions.
POP

If your Microsoft 365 email account uses POP settings, things like your email, folders, calendars, contacts, and other items only exist on the client and device used to check email. Before switching to Exchange settings, back up this data to either import or reference later. Please refer to your client provider for instructions.
Exchange settings

Once you’ve backed up or exported data as needed, add your email account to your client as Exchange. Some clients don't support adding the same account twice, so you might need to remove the existing POP or IMAP account before adding it as Exchange. Removing an email account could result in data loss, so we strongly suggest you back up your data if you decide to do so.

After you’ve added your account to your client as Exchange, import any backed-up data if needed. Please refer to your client provider for instructions.

Note: If your client asks you to manually enter your Exchange server settings, use the following:

• Email: Your Microsoft 365 email address
• Password: Your Microsoft 365 email password
• Server: outlook.office365.com (this is required)
• Domain: This can be left empty
• Username: Your Microsoft 365 email address
My client doesn't support Exchange

If your client doesn’t support setting up email using Exchange, we recommend looking into other clients like Outlook, Mail for Mac, or Mail for Windows. You can also always check your email using Outlook on the web.

If you’d like to continue using your current client, you can use the Microsoft 365 POP and IMAP settings. Keep in mind that Microsoft is discontinuing Basic authentication in 2023, which means that Microsoft 365 POP and IMAP settings will only work in clients that support modern authentication (clients that can use multi-factor authentication (MFA).

Re: Bad News about my E Mai

<792ac3f3-10e3-4020-95cd-bfafe0857ab3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=620&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#620

Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 01:23:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com (gnuarm.del...@gmail.com)
 by: gnuarm.del...@gmail. - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 08:23 UTC

On Wednesday, June 21, 2023 at 8:01:40 PM UTC-4, Kaelkitty wrote:
> Sorry I haven't replied earlier, I was having another problem (unrelated to this)
>
> Here is the "Help" page I was directed to. It might as well be gibberish to me!
>
> Update my Microsoft 365 account to Exchange in other clients
>
> If you’re currently using Microsoft 365 as a POP or IMAP account but want to switch to Exchange, you’ll need to change the settings in your email client. We recommend using Outlook or any of the clients in this list. However, if you use a different client, the following guidance can assist you in switching to Exchange settings.
> IMAP
>
> If your Microsoft 365 email account uses IMAP settings, things like your email and folders are synced with the server. Other common email items like calendars and contacts usually aren’t synced, so you’ll want to back them up before making the switch. Please refer to your client provider for instructions.
> POP
>
> If your Microsoft 365 email account uses POP settings, things like your email, folders, calendars, contacts, and other items only exist on the client and device used to check email. Before switching to Exchange settings, back up this data to either import or reference later. Please refer to your client provider for instructions.
> Exchange settings
>
> Once you’ve backed up or exported data as needed, add your email account to your client as Exchange. Some clients don't support adding the same account twice, so you might need to remove the existing POP or IMAP account before adding it as Exchange. Removing an email account could result in data loss, so we strongly suggest you back up your data if you decide to do so.
>
> After you’ve added your account to your client as Exchange, import any backed-up data if needed. Please refer to your client provider for instructions.
>
> Note: If your client asks you to manually enter your Exchange server settings, use the following:
>
> • Email: Your Microsoft 365 email address
> • Password: Your Microsoft 365 email password
> • Server: outlook.office365.com (this is required)
> • Domain: This can be left empty
> • Username: Your Microsoft 365 email address
> My client doesn't support Exchange
>
> If your client doesn’t support setting up email using Exchange, we recommend looking into other clients like Outlook, Mail for Mac, or Mail for Windows. You can also always check your email using Outlook on the web.
>
> If you’d like to continue using your current client, you can use the Microsoft 365 POP and IMAP settings. Keep in mind that Microsoft is discontinuing Basic authentication in 2023, which means that Microsoft 365 POP and IMAP settings will only work in clients that support modern authentication (clients that can use multi-factor authentication (MFA).

I don't know what to tell you. Your email account at office365.com is no longer supporting either POP3 or IMAP email protocols. You have two choices.. Follow these directions, which mean you need a client (email program) that will support the exchange protocol, or you need to get a new email account somewhere else. I would recommend an account elsewhere. Google works ok. I use it as an intermediate account for its spam filtering.

Will the Microsoft account forward your email? If it will, you can forward all your email to a Google account, which you can set up to access from Eudora using POP3 or IMAP. If the Microsoft account won't forward emails, you will need to get a new email address at Google, and give that to everyone..

Sorry, but I'm surprised you didn't know Microsoft sucks!

--

Rick C.

+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: Bad News about my E Mai

<75b31609-1ac6-4eb8-a1eb-ac1051912630n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=621&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#621

Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 16:01:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: jacqfelis@gmail.com (Kaelkitty)
 by: Kaelkitty - Thu, 22 Jun 2023 23:01 UTC

I know MICROSOFT sucks, I just didn't expect them to suck this much! Thanks for trying. Why isn't every one else here on the board up in arms about this?

Re: Bad News about my E Mai

<ee4487c5-1ab2-40cd-91c0-b29abf95aed1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=622&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#622

Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 09:44:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com (gnuarm.del...@gmail.com)
 by: gnuarm.del...@gmail. - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 16:44 UTC

On Thursday, June 22, 2023 at 7:01:26 PM UTC-4, Kaelkitty wrote:
> I know MICROSOFT sucks, I just didn't expect them to suck this much! Thanks for trying. Why isn't every one else here on the board up in arms about this?

I can't say for sure, but I expect not so many people use Microsoft as their email server. Companies like Microsoft tend to be used by businesses who don't want to "take chances". Many years ago, when IBM ruled the mainframe computer market, I asked someone why people didn't buy more from Amdahl, etc. I was told, "No one ever got fired for buying IBM." If someone uses Microsoft end to end, it probably works well, or good enough.

Please keep us informed on your choices and progress. This group is one of the few places where you can get help with Eudora, and every post is of value.

--

Rick C.

-- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: Bad News about my E Mai

<etce9i1qiamk8jgtf2o9fshrkt6cg6jiap@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=623&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#623

From: jetjock@unkown.com (jetjock)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2023 13:24:55 -0500
 by: jetjock - Sat, 24 Jun 2023 18:24 UTC

On Fri, 23 Jun 2023 09:44:23 -0700 (PDT), "gnuarm.del...@gmail.com"
<gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thursday, June 22, 2023 at 7:01:26?PM UTC-4, Kaelkitty wrote:
>> I know MICROSOFT sucks, I just didn't expect them to suck this much! Thanks for trying. Why isn't every one else here on the board up in arms about this?
>
>I can't say for sure, but I expect not so many people use Microsoft as their email server. Companies like Microsoft tend to be used by businesses who don't want to "take chances". Many years ago, when IBM ruled the mainframe computer market, I asked someone why people didn't buy more from Amdahl, etc. I was told, "No one ever got fired for buying IBM." If someone uses Microsoft end to end, it probably works well, or good enough.
>
>Please keep us informed on your choices and progress. This group is one of the few places where you can get help with Eudora, and every post is of value.

There is an even better place to obtain help with Eudora. There is a
mail list run by some very knowledgeable people, and subscribed to by
a bunch of folks who have been using Eudora for years. Some since the
beginning! A lady by the name of Katrina can answer ANY question
concerning Eudora. Best part is it's all free!

To join, just send an email to:

join-eudora-win@hades.listmoms.net

Subject=Gazelle

BE SURE TO START THE SUBJECT LINE WITH: "Gazelle" (no quotes)

Re: Bad News about my E Mai

<l0UmM.124736$48w7.116051@fx12.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=624&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#624

Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
From: -invalid@mail.com (Norris)
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 11:32:44 +0100
 by: Norris - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 10:32 UTC

On 09:23 22 Jun 2023, gnuarm.del...@gmail.com said:
> On Wednesday, June 21, 2023 at 8:01:40?PM UTC-4, Kaelkitty wrote:
>>

>> Sorry I haven't replied earlier, I was having another problem
>> (unrelated to this)
>>
>> Here is the "Help" page I was directed to. It might as well be
>> gibberish to me!
>>
>> Update my Microsoft 365 account to Exchange in other clients
>>
>> If you�re currently using Microsoft 365 as a POP or IMAP account
>> but want to switch to Exchange, you�ll need to change the settings
>> in your email client. We recommend using Outlook or any of the
>> clients in this list. However, if you use a different client, the
>> following guidance can assist you in switching to Exchange settings.
>>
>> If you�d like to continue using your current client, you can use
>> the Microsoft 365 POP and IMAP settings. Keep in mind that Microsoft
>> is discontinuing Basic authentication in 2023, which means that
>> Microsoft 365 POP and IMAP settings will only work in clients that
>> support modern authentication (clients that can use multi-factor
>> authentication (MFA).
>>
>> ... trimmed ...
>
> I don't know what to tell you. Your email account at office365.com
> is no longer supporting either POP3 or IMAP email protocols. You
> have two choices. Follow these directions, which mean you need a
> client (email program) that will support the exchange protocol, or
> you need to get a new email account somewhere else. I would
> recommend an account elsewhere. Google works ok. I use it as an
> intermediate account for its spam filtering.
>
> Will the Microsoft account forward your email? If it will, you can
> forward all your email to a Google account, which you can set up to
> access from Eudora using POP3 or IMAP. If the Microsoft account
> won't forward emails, you will need to get a new email address at
> Google, and give that to everyone.
>
> Sorry, but I'm surprised you didn't know Microsoft sucks!

By changing a particular setting, Gmail will permit third-party desktop
email programs to download from the Gmail server, even though the mail
program's security is not as good as it could be.

Perhaps Microsoft will offer a similar arrangement.

Re: Bad News about my E Mai

<f76468df-f2f2-49ed-9665-05249229e334n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=625&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#625

Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 10:27:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: gnuarm.deletethisbit@gmail.com (gnuarm.del...@gmail.com)
 by: gnuarm.del...@gmail. - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 17:27 UTC

On Wednesday, June 28, 2023 at 6:33:56 AM UTC-4, Norris wrote:
> On 09:23 22 Jun 2023, gnuarm.del...@gmail.com said:
> > On Wednesday, June 21, 2023 at 8:01:40?PM UTC-4, Kaelkitty wrote:
> >>

> >> Sorry I haven't replied earlier, I was having another problem
> >> (unrelated to this)
> >>
> >> Here is the "Help" page I was directed to. It might as well be
> >> gibberish to me!
> >>
> >> Update my Microsoft 365 account to Exchange in other clients
> >>
> >> If you’re currently using Microsoft 365 as a POP or IMAP account
> >> but want to switch to Exchange, you’ll need to change the settings
> >> in your email client. We recommend using Outlook or any of the
> >> clients in this list. However, if you use a different client, the
> >> following guidance can assist you in switching to Exchange settings.
> >>
> >> If you’d like to continue using your current client, you can use
> >> the Microsoft 365 POP and IMAP settings. Keep in mind that Microsoft
> >> is discontinuing Basic authentication in 2023, which means that
> >> Microsoft 365 POP and IMAP settings will only work in clients that
> >> support modern authentication (clients that can use multi-factor
> >> authentication (MFA).
> >>
> >> ... trimmed ...
> >
> > I don't know what to tell you. Your email account at office365.com
> > is no longer supporting either POP3 or IMAP email protocols. You
> > have two choices. Follow these directions, which mean you need a
> > client (email program) that will support the exchange protocol, or
> > you need to get a new email account somewhere else. I would
> > recommend an account elsewhere. Google works ok. I use it as an
> > intermediate account for its spam filtering.
> >
> > Will the Microsoft account forward your email? If it will, you can
> > forward all your email to a Google account, which you can set up to
> > access from Eudora using POP3 or IMAP. If the Microsoft account
> > won't forward emails, you will need to get a new email address at
> > Google, and give that to everyone.
> >
> > Sorry, but I'm surprised you didn't know Microsoft sucks!
> By changing a particular setting, Gmail will permit third-party desktop
> email programs to download from the Gmail server, even though the mail
> program's security is not as good as it could be.
>
> Perhaps Microsoft will offer a similar arrangement.

They do. But instead of using POP3 or IMAP, they use the Exchange protocol.. I don't know, but I expect Exchange is a proprietary protocol.

--

Rick C.

-+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

Re: Bad News about my E Mai

<e27ae752-30de-4e2b-bea2-dc7b51b1be34n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=626&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#626

Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2023 13:40:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: dmcalvert@gmail.com (Dean Calvert)
 by: Dean Calvert - Fri, 7 Jul 2023 20:40 UTC

On Wednesday, June 28, 2023 at 1:27:05 PM UTC-4, gnuarm.del...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 28, 2023 at 6:33:56 AM UTC-4, Norris wrote:

> > > I don't know what to tell you. Your email account at office365.com
> > > is no longer supporting either POP3 or IMAP email protocols. You
> > > have two choices. Follow these directions, which mean you need a
> > > client (email program) that will support the exchange protocol, or
> > > you need to get a new email account somewhere else. I would
> > > recommend an account elsewhere. Google works ok. I use it as an
> > > intermediate account for its spam filtering.
> > >
> > > Will the Microsoft account forward your email? If it will, you can
> > > forward all your email to a Google account, which you can set up to
> > > access from Eudora using POP3 or IMAP. If the Microsoft account
> > > won't forward emails, you will need to get a new email address at
> > > Google, and give that to everyone.
> > >
> > > Sorry, but I'm surprised you didn't know Microsoft sucks!
> > By changing a particular setting, Gmail will permit third-party desktop
> > email programs to download from the Gmail server, even though the mail
> > program's security is not as good as it could be.
> >
> > Perhaps Microsoft will offer a similar arrangement.
> They do. But instead of using POP3 or IMAP, they use the Exchange protocol. I don't know, but I expect Exchange is a proprietary protocol.
>
> --
>
> Rick C.
>
> -+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
> -+ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

I've been wrestling with finding a good replacement for Eudora for about two years now. I refuse to go back to OUTLOOK - might as well deal with drug dealers as far as I[m concerned.

Here are the systems I've tried so far:

Thunderbird - I've tried Thunderbird - wasn't happy with it. Thought it was a major step BACKWARDS from Eudora. Took forever to load messages, and the search function (two years ago) just sucked. ON the positive side, the tools seem to be there for conversion of emails from Eudora to TB. Major negative - no where to ask questions.

Mailbird - Following my try with TB, I switched over to Mailbird. It was better, but VERY limited customer service and tech response. Same issues they had when I began, they still have now. Just lame tech support and updates. My major issue with Mailbird was the searching function was just LAME. I have over 100,000 emails, and searching is critical to me.

The BAT! - I tried THE BAT on the recommendation of someone on a forum like this. It actually LOOKED very promising - and actually have tech support (altho they are based in Moldova - hence the name "The Bat" - from Transylvania). However, it seemed like I was having one problem after another with the system. While the tech support responded to each one, it looked to me like the underlying system had too many problems. Too bad because the underlying system seemed the closest to Eudora.

BETTERBIRD - Currently working with BETTERBIRD - a Thunderbird upgrade. It has the power of TB, but with some nice add ons. More important, there's actually someone who answers questions on the other side!!! Not completely switched over yet, but it's looking VERY GOOD!!!

Just in case it helps someone.

best regards
Dean

Re: Bad News about my E Mai

<paajaihulh4vg50bfqhcb34cr7bf2ktkuo@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=627&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#627

From: jetjock@unkown.com (jetjock)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2023 13:22:43 -0500
 by: jetjock - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 18:22 UTC

On Fri, 7 Jul 2023 13:40:24 -0700 (PDT), Dean Calvert
<dmcalvert@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, June 28, 2023 at 1:27:05?PM UTC-4, gnuarm.del...@gmail.com wrote:

>> > By changing a particular setting, Gmail will permit third-party desktop
>> > email programs to download from the Gmail server, even though the mail
>> > program's security is not as good as it could be.
>> >
>> > Perhaps Microsoft will offer a similar arrangement.
>> They do. But instead of using POP3 or IMAP, they use the Exchange protocol. I don't know, but I expect Exchange is a proprietary protocol.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Rick C.
>>
>> -+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
>> -+ Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
>
>I've been wrestling with finding a good replacement for Eudora for about two years now. I refuse to go back to OUTLOOK - might as well deal with drug dealers as far as I[m concerned.
>
>Here are the systems I've tried so far:
>
>Thunderbird - I've tried Thunderbird - wasn't happy with it. Thought it was a major step BACKWARDS from Eudora. Took forever to load messages, and the search function (two years ago) just sucked. ON the positive side, the tools seem to be there for conversion of emails from Eudora to TB. Major negative - no where to ask questions.
>
>Mailbird - Following my try with TB, I switched over to Mailbird. It was better, but VERY limited customer service and tech response. Same issues they had when I began, they still have now. Just lame tech support and updates. My major issue with Mailbird was the searching function was just LAME. I have over 100,000 emails, and searching is critical to me.
>
>The BAT! - I tried THE BAT on the recommendation of someone on a forum like this. It actually LOOKED very promising - and actually have tech support (altho they are based in Moldova - hence the name "The Bat" - from Transylvania). However, it seemed like I was having one problem after another with the system. While the tech support responded to each one, it looked to me like the underlying system had too many problems. Too bad because the underlying system seemed the closest to Eudora.
>
>BETTERBIRD - Currently working with BETTERBIRD - a Thunderbird upgrade. It has the power of TB, but with some nice add ons. More important, there's actually someone who answers questions on the other side!!! Not completely switched over yet, but it's looking VERY GOOD!!!
>
>Just in case it helps someone.
>
>best regards
>Dean

Hey dean, please turn on word wrap!!

Re: Bad News about my E Mai

<f790a7a2-9773-4147-a822-37e5c98087b7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=632&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#632

Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 10:08:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: inpuneet@gmail.com (inpu...@gmail.com)
 by: inpu...@gmail.com - Thu, 10 Aug 2023 17:08 UTC

On Saturday, 17 June 2023 at 14:00:28 UTC+5:30, Kaelkitty wrote:
> This is my news:
>

> Update your settings to keep your email app access working.
>
> There are email accounts in your organization using Basic Authentication, which Microsoft will no longer support after 06/29/2023. You'll still be able to access your email through your browser, but not from an email app, such as Outlook or Apple Mail don't worry, none of your emails willl be lost..
>
> In order to continue using your email apps, you need to update your settings from POP/IMAP to Exchange for each device you use to check your email. This also applies to other users who are set up within your account using POP/IMAP settings. Here's how to update your email settings.
>
> My basic reponse to thius is ARRGH! I have onle got to the end of the month to fix this! I don't even know what Exchange is, or what it does and I had never heard of it before I recieved this email
>

> Yours Sincerely,
> Ms Jacq Felis.
Jacq I can try to fix the problem