From: rob@despammer.com (Rob H)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.raspberry-pi
Subject: No sound from Pi Zero
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 16:21:17 +0000
 by: Rob H - Fri, 13 Jan 2023 16:21 UTC

I have a Pi zero with a sd card flashed with Volumio music program, and
a PhatDac fitted onto the GPIO pins,
Up until a week ago it all worked well with sound coming out of the
PhatDAC into a speaker.

Then a few days ago, the sound was no more, so I assumed it was the
PhatDAC, and bout an AudioDAC to replace it. I tried that, and still no
sound. I then tried another Pi Zero and no sound from there either.

Anyone any idea what could be the problem
Pi Zero, AudioDAC, PhatDAC, or even the sd card.

Thanks

Re: No sound from Pi Zero

<tpu2kf$1v1hc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6192&group=comp.sys.raspberry-pi#6192

From: none@invalid.com (mm0fmf)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.raspberry-pi
Subject: Re: No sound from Pi Zero
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 11:11:11 +0000
 by: mm0fmf - Sat, 14 Jan 2023 11:11 UTC

On 13/01/2023 16:21, Rob H wrote:
> I have a Pi zero with a sd card flashed with Volumio music program, and
> a PhatDac fitted onto the GPIO pins,
> Up until a week ago it all worked well with sound coming out of the
> PhatDAC into a speaker.
>
> Then a few days ago, the sound was no more, so I assumed it was the
> PhatDAC, and bout an AudioDAC to replace it. I tried that, and still no
> sound. I then tried another Pi Zero and no sound from there either.
>
> Anyone any idea what could be the problem
> Pi Zero, AudioDAC, PhatDAC, or even the sd card.
>
> Thanks

If you didn't change anything and different audio cards and Pis don't
work then it's the speaker/amp.

Re: No sound from Pi Zero

<k2gasoF4b8dU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=6194&group=comp.sys.raspberry-pi#6194

From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.raspberry-pi
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 18:33:59 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Sat, 14 Jan 2023 18:33 UTC

mm0fmf wrote:

> If you didn't change anything and different audio cards and Pis don't
> work then [...]

They may be running a common software config, which doesn't work ...