From: robin_listas@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.pine
Subject: Google Groups connection with Usenet is going out.
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 21:55:16 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 20:55 UTC

Hi,

Google is severing the connection between Google Groups and Usenet on
February 22, 2024. This comes after the many thousands of spam messages
posted on several groups using the Google interface.

Google, instead of fighting the spam, decided to kill the interface.
What they say in their post is not really true:

<https://support.google.com/groups/answer/11036538?visit_id=638381921477344227-87081626&p=usenet&rd=1#hcfe-content>

Currently, people like me have activated a filter to delete any post
made on Google Groups. I can make exceptions if I know the address of
the poster in advance, but any new post made there I will not see.

--
Cheers, Carlos.