"Jesus saves...but Gretzky gets the rebound!" -- Daniel Hinojosa (hinojosa@hp-sdd)

computers / alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt / Re: WINDOWS 11 HAS MAJOR FONT ISSUES (VMWARE)

SubjectAuthor
* WINDOWS 11 HAS MAJOR FONT ISSUES (VMWARE)skybuck2000
+* Re: WINDOWS 11 HAS MAJOR FONT ISSUES (VMWARE)Paul
|+* Re: WINDOWS 11 HAS MAJOR FONT ISSUES (VMWARE)skybuck2000
||`* Re: WINDOWS 11 HAS MAJOR FONT ISSUES (VMWARE)Paul
|| +- Re: WINDOWS 11 HAS MAJOR FONT ISSUES (VMWARE)skybuck2000
|| `* Re: WINDOWS 11 HAS MAJOR FONT ISSUES (VMWARE)skybuck2000
||  `- Re: WINDOWS 11 HAS MAJOR FONT ISSUES (VMWARE)Paul
|`- Re: WINDOWS 11 HAS MAJOR FONT ISSUES (VMWARE)skybuck2000
`- Re: WINDOWS 11 HAS MAJOR FONT ISSUES (VMWARE)skybuck2000

1
WINDOWS 11 HAS MAJOR FONT ISSUES (VMWARE)

<cb69de33-7bb4-462d-8d16-b737f742c341n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=534&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#534

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 23:38:12 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: WINDOWS 11 HAS MAJOR FONT ISSUES (VMWARE)
From: skybuck2000@hotmail.com (skybuck2000)
 by: skybuck2000 - Tue, 2 Nov 2021 06:38 UTC

TWO WORDS: TOTAL DISASSTER

THE DEFAULT FONT RENDERING IS COMPLETELY FUCKED UP.

EVERYTHING IS SMALL, VAGUE AND WASHED OUT, HARD TO READ.

THE CRISPINESS OF WINDOWS 7 IS COMPLETELY GONE.

I CAN EVEN FEEL A SLIGHT HEADACHE... COULD BE FROM TOO LITTLE SLEEP.

I NOTICED THIS VAGUENESS FROM THE START BUT DISMISSED IT AS SOME KIND OF SCALING ISSUE IN VMWARE OR LACK OF SCREEN RESOLUTION BUT NOW THAT I HAVE UPPED THE SCREEN RESOLUTION TO HIGHER SETTINGS IT'S BEING APPERENT TO ME THAT WINDOWS 11 HAS A GIGANTIC FLAW/ISSUE.

MY SPECULATION ABOUT THIS IS THE WAY THE OS RENDERS THE ENTIRE GUI, IT MAY BE RENDERING IT/UPSCALING IT TO WORK ON 4K SCREENS.

THIS DOESN'T WORK ON LOWER SCREEN RESOLUTIONS AND IS A COMPLETE DISASSISTER..

I NOTICED THE VGA ADAPTER OF VMWARE IS STILL AT 8 BIT, I HOPE THAT MAYBE CHANGING IT TO 32 BIT OR SOMETHING ELSE MIGHT WORK BETTER...

MAYBE CHANGING THEMES MIGHT HELP.

BUT SO FAR IF THIS IS THE FUTURE OF WINDOWS, THEN WINDOWS ENDS RIGHT HERE.

I WOULD NEVER EVER USE SUCH A HORRIBLE LOOKING OPERATING SYSTEM.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA\HAHAHAHAHAHA BILLIONS OF DOLLARS DOWN THE TUBE.

I HOPE ON REAL HARDWARE IT WORKS BETTER, OTHERWISE SOMEBODY DEEP IN MICROSOFT SCREWED THEM/BILL OVER REAL HARD.

PERHAPS PAYBACK FOR CORONA CRISIS.

SEE YA !

BYE,
SKYBUCK.

Re: WINDOWS 11 HAS MAJOR FONT ISSUES (VMWARE)

<slqpdf$pnt$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=535&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#535

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Subject: Re: WINDOWS 11 HAS MAJOR FONT ISSUES (VMWARE)
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 07:29:49 -0400
 by: Paul - Tue, 2 Nov 2021 11:29 UTC

On 11/2/2021 2:38 AM, skybuck2000 wrote:
> TWO WORDS: TOTAL DISASSTER
>
> THE DEFAULT FONT RENDERING IS COMPLETELY FUCKED UP.
>
> EVERYTHING IS SMALL, VAGUE AND WASHED OUT, HARD TO READ.
>
> THE CRISPINESS OF WINDOWS 7 IS COMPLETELY GONE.
>
> I CAN EVEN FEEL A SLIGHT HEADACHE... COULD BE FROM TOO LITTLE SLEEP.
>
> I NOTICED THIS VAGUENESS FROM THE START BUT DISMISSED IT AS SOME KIND OF SCALING ISSUE IN VMWARE OR LACK OF SCREEN RESOLUTION BUT NOW THAT I HAVE UPPED THE SCREEN RESOLUTION TO HIGHER SETTINGS IT'S BEING APPERENT TO ME THAT WINDOWS 11 HAS A GIGANTIC FLAW/ISSUE.
>
> MY SPECULATION ABOUT THIS IS THE WAY THE OS RENDERS THE ENTIRE GUI, IT MAY BE RENDERING IT/UPSCALING IT TO WORK ON 4K SCREENS.
>
> THIS DOESN'T WORK ON LOWER SCREEN RESOLUTIONS AND IS A COMPLETE DISASSISTER.
>
> I NOTICED THE VGA ADAPTER OF VMWARE IS STILL AT 8 BIT, I HOPE THAT MAYBE CHANGING IT TO 32 BIT OR SOMETHING ELSE MIGHT WORK BETTER...
>
> MAYBE CHANGING THEMES MIGHT HELP.
>
> BUT SO FAR IF THIS IS THE FUTURE OF WINDOWS, THEN WINDOWS ENDS RIGHT HERE.
>
> I WOULD NEVER EVER USE SUCH A HORRIBLE LOOKING OPERATING SYSTEM.
>
> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA\HAHAHAHAHAHA BILLIONS OF DOLLARS DOWN THE TUBE.
>
> I HOPE ON REAL HARDWARE IT WORKS BETTER, OTHERWISE SOMEBODY DEEP IN MICROSOFT SCREWED THEM/BILL OVER REAL HARD.
>
> PERHAPS PAYBACK FOR CORONA CRISIS.
>
> SEE YA !
>
> BYE,
> SKYBUCK.

Device Manager, check to see if "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"
driver is running the virtual video card. That's the "no driver
is present" driver.

Use the VMWare Additions, install it, and that will define a driver
for the virtual video card.

That should come closer to driving at native resolution.

I did have some trouble with VMWare, with window resizing of the Win11
overall OS window. This causes the res to be slightly off and leads
to fuzzy fonts.

frame buffer running at native resolution. It doesn't
have to fill the screen, to do that. a 1440x900 can run a
1024x768 session.

Paul

Re: WINDOWS 11 HAS MAJOR FONT ISSUES (VMWARE)

<c1dd47a5-aa5a-4853-8c87-6fc14f01ed66n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=537&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#537

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 12:59:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: skybuck2000@hotmail.com (skybuck2000)
 by: skybuck2000 - Tue, 2 Nov 2021 19:59 UTC

On Tuesday, November 2, 2021 at 8:29:53 AM UTC+1, Paul wrote:
> On 11/2/2021 2:38 AM, skybuck2000 wrote:
> > TWO WORDS: TOTAL DISASSTER
> >
> > THE DEFAULT FONT RENDERING IS COMPLETELY FUCKED UP.
> >
> > EVERYTHING IS SMALL, VAGUE AND WASHED OUT, HARD TO READ.
> >
> > THE CRISPINESS OF WINDOWS 7 IS COMPLETELY GONE.
> >
> > I CAN EVEN FEEL A SLIGHT HEADACHE... COULD BE FROM TOO LITTLE SLEEP.
> >
> > I NOTICED THIS VAGUENESS FROM THE START BUT DISMISSED IT AS SOME KIND OF SCALING ISSUE IN VMWARE OR LACK OF SCREEN RESOLUTION BUT NOW THAT I HAVE UPPED THE SCREEN RESOLUTION TO HIGHER SETTINGS IT'S BEING APPERENT TO ME THAT WINDOWS 11 HAS A GIGANTIC FLAW/ISSUE.
> >
> > MY SPECULATION ABOUT THIS IS THE WAY THE OS RENDERS THE ENTIRE GUI, IT MAY BE RENDERING IT/UPSCALING IT TO WORK ON 4K SCREENS.
> >
> > THIS DOESN'T WORK ON LOWER SCREEN RESOLUTIONS AND IS A COMPLETE DISASSISTER.
> >
> > I NOTICED THE VGA ADAPTER OF VMWARE IS STILL AT 8 BIT, I HOPE THAT MAYBE CHANGING IT TO 32 BIT OR SOMETHING ELSE MIGHT WORK BETTER...
> >
> > MAYBE CHANGING THEMES MIGHT HELP.
> >
> > BUT SO FAR IF THIS IS THE FUTURE OF WINDOWS, THEN WINDOWS ENDS RIGHT HERE.
> >
> > I WOULD NEVER EVER USE SUCH A HORRIBLE LOOKING OPERATING SYSTEM.
> >
> > HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA\HAHAHAHAHAHA BILLIONS OF DOLLARS DOWN THE TUBE.
> >
> > I HOPE ON REAL HARDWARE IT WORKS BETTER, OTHERWISE SOMEBODY DEEP IN MICROSOFT SCREWED THEM/BILL OVER REAL HARD.
> >
> > PERHAPS PAYBACK FOR CORONA CRISIS.
> >
> > SEE YA !
> >
> > BYE,
> > SKYBUCK.
> Device Manager, check to see if "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"
> driver is running the virtual video card. That's the "no driver
> is present" driver.
>
> Use the VMWare Additions, install it, and that will define a driver
> for the virtual video card.
>
> That should come closer to driving at native resolution.
>
> I did have some trouble with VMWare, with window resizing of the Win11
> overall OS window. This causes the res to be slightly off and leads
> to fuzzy fonts.

> frame buffer running at native resolution. It doesn't
> have to fill the screen, to do that. a 1440x900 can run a
> 1024x768 session.

I don't think installing vmware tools will change anything. Not going to do it to this installation.

But I may try it on a new windows installment to see if it changes anything..

As far as I am concerned it's already running native and the problem seems to be and could be much deeper inside windows 10 and 11.

Google is full of complaints about bad fonts.

My guess is the people that write the code died or left Microsoft and now Microsoft does not know how to fix/apply the code properly.

Or they tried to re-write the old code for various reasons and they failed miserably to get all the great functionality out of it.

Or indeed scaling issues deep inside the microsoft code/sloppyness.

To see the bad fonts you must compare windows 7 vs windows 11, otherwise you'll miss it ! ;)

Plus turn off clear text on windows 7.

Bye for now,
Skybuck.

Re: WINDOWS 11 HAS MAJOR FONT ISSUES (VMWARE)

<sls8e6$go5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=538&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#538

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 16:52:20 -0400
 by: Paul - Tue, 2 Nov 2021 20:52 UTC

On 11/2/2021 3:59 PM, skybuck2000 wrote:
> [...]
>> 1024x768 session.
>
> I don't think installing vmware tools will change anything. Not going to do it to this installation.
>
> But I may try it on a new windows installment to see if it changes anything.
>
> As far as I am concerned it's already running native and the problem seems to be and could be much deeper inside windows 10 and 11.
>
> Google is full of complaints about bad fonts.
>
> My guess is the people that write the code died or left Microsoft and now Microsoft does not know how to fix/apply the code properly.
>
> Or they tried to re-write the old code for various reasons and they failed miserably to get all the great functionality out of it.
>
> Or indeed scaling issues deep inside the microsoft code/sloppyness.
>
> To see the bad fonts you must compare windows 7 vs windows 11, otherwise you'll miss it ! ;)

Try tpm.msc inside your virtual machine.

Does it say you have a TPM present ?

Now install the VMWare Tools.

Use tpm.msc panel again. Does it
say there is a TPM now ?

I don't know all the details, but I recommend for a Win11
install that you inspect the hardware facilities for flaws.
A missing TPM would be one of them. tpm.msc can help you
determine there is a VMWare software TPM or not. Fortunately,
VMWare does not do passthru for its TPM. It is possible when
VirtualBox releases their TPM support, it will be a passthru
version (not software, will depend on motherboard TPM). In
such a case then, VirtualBox might not be as good, on the
TPM topic.

Paul

Re: WINDOWS 11 HAS MAJOR FONT ISSUES (VMWARE)

<ad051b02-52d5-429b-b2f9-b9640ddadc5fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=541&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#541

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 23:03:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: skybuck2000@hotmail.com (skybuck2000)
 by: skybuck2000 - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 06:03 UTC

On Tuesday, November 2, 2021 at 9:52:24 PM UTC+1, Paul wrote:
> On 11/2/2021 3:59 PM, skybuck2000 wrote:

> >> Device Manager, check to see if "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"
> >> driver is running the virtual video card. That's the "no driver
> >> is present" driver.
> >>
> >> Use the VMWare Additions, install it, and that will define a driver
> >> for the virtual video card.
> >>
> >> That should come closer to driving at native resolution.
> >>
> >> I did have some trouble with VMWare, with window resizing of the Win11
> >> overall OS window. This causes the res to be slightly off and leads
> >> to fuzzy fonts.

> >> frame buffer running at native resolution. It doesn't
> >> have to fill the screen, to do that. a 1440x900 can run a
> >> 1024x768 session.
> >
> > I don't think installing vmware tools will change anything. Not going to do it to this installation.
> >
> > But I may try it on a new windows installment to see if it changes anything.
> >
> > As far as I am concerned it's already running native and the problem seems to be and could be much deeper inside windows 10 and 11.
> >
> > Google is full of complaints about bad fonts.
> >
> > My guess is the people that write the code died or left Microsoft and now Microsoft does not know how to fix/apply the code properly.
> >
> > Or they tried to re-write the old code for various reasons and they failed miserably to get all the great functionality out of it.
> >
> > Or indeed scaling issues deep inside the microsoft code/sloppyness.
> >
> > To see the bad fonts you must compare windows 7 vs windows 11, otherwise you'll miss it ! ;)
> >
> > Plus turn off clear text on windows 7.
> >
> > Bye for now,
> > Skybuck.
> >
> Try tpm.msc inside your virtual machine.
>
> Does it say you have a TPM present ?
>
> Now install the VMWare Tools.
>
> Use tpm.msc panel again. Does it
> say there is a TPM now ?
>
> I don't know all the details, but I recommend for a Win11
> install that you inspect the hardware facilities for flaws.
> A missing TPM would be one of them. tpm.msc can help you
> determine there is a VMWare software TPM or not. Fortunately,
> VMWare does not do passthru for its TPM. It is possible when
> VirtualBox releases their TPM support, it will be a passthru
> version (not software, will depend on motherboard TPM). In
> such a case then, VirtualBox might not be as good, on the
> TPM topic.

HAHA.

I just had a brilliant idea.

I am going to copy the Virtual Machine to an experimental folder.

And then I will install VMWare Tools in the experimental copy to get to the bottom of this RRrrresolution issue ! ;)

I don't see what TPM has to do with it, but will check for it as well haha.

I added it myself manually so it should be there... but will check for you anyway =D

Bye for now,
Skybuck.

Re: WINDOWS 11 HAS MAJOR FONT ISSUES (VMWARE)

<c11f7f46-3e20-4c10-a1d1-98b9e69d77f1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=546&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#546

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2021 11:30:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: skybuck2000@hotmail.com (skybuck2000)
 by: skybuck2000 - Thu, 4 Nov 2021 18:30 UTC

On Tuesday, November 2, 2021 at 8:29:53 AM UTC+1, Paul wrote:
> On 11/2/2021 2:38 AM, skybuck2000 wrote:
> > TWO WORDS: TOTAL DISASSTER
> >
> > THE DEFAULT FONT RENDERING IS COMPLETELY FUCKED UP.
> >
> > EVERYTHING IS SMALL, VAGUE AND WASHED OUT, HARD TO READ.
> >
> > THE CRISPINESS OF WINDOWS 7 IS COMPLETELY GONE.
> >
> > I CAN EVEN FEEL A SLIGHT HEADACHE... COULD BE FROM TOO LITTLE SLEEP.
> >
> > I NOTICED THIS VAGUENESS FROM THE START BUT DISMISSED IT AS SOME KIND OF SCALING ISSUE IN VMWARE OR LACK OF SCREEN RESOLUTION BUT NOW THAT I HAVE UPPED THE SCREEN RESOLUTION TO HIGHER SETTINGS IT'S BEING APPERENT TO ME THAT WINDOWS 11 HAS A GIGANTIC FLAW/ISSUE.
> >
> > MY SPECULATION ABOUT THIS IS THE WAY THE OS RENDERS THE ENTIRE GUI, IT MAY BE RENDERING IT/UPSCALING IT TO WORK ON 4K SCREENS.
> >
> > THIS DOESN'T WORK ON LOWER SCREEN RESOLUTIONS AND IS A COMPLETE DISASSISTER.
> >
> > I NOTICED THE VGA ADAPTER OF VMWARE IS STILL AT 8 BIT, I HOPE THAT MAYBE CHANGING IT TO 32 BIT OR SOMETHING ELSE MIGHT WORK BETTER...
> >
> > MAYBE CHANGING THEMES MIGHT HELP.
> >
> > BUT SO FAR IF THIS IS THE FUTURE OF WINDOWS, THEN WINDOWS ENDS RIGHT HERE.
> >
> > I WOULD NEVER EVER USE SUCH A HORRIBLE LOOKING OPERATING SYSTEM.
> >
> > HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA\HAHAHAHAHAHA BILLIONS OF DOLLARS DOWN THE TUBE.
> >
> > I HOPE ON REAL HARDWARE IT WORKS BETTER, OTHERWISE SOMEBODY DEEP IN MICROSOFT SCREWED THEM/BILL OVER REAL HARD.
> >
> > PERHAPS PAYBACK FOR CORONA CRISIS.
> >
> > SEE YA !
> >
> > BYE,
> > SKYBUCK.
> Device Manager, check to see if "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"
> driver is running the virtual video card. That's the "no driver
> is present" driver.
>
> Use the VMWare Additions, install it, and that will define a driver
> for the virtual video card.

Try it, doesn't make much difference, besides from more resolutions available still no 1600x900 but 1600x1200 will do for now.

What is interesting is higher resolutions possible then monitor supports, this would allow me to scroll the desktop which is kinda cool ! =D

> That should come closer to driving at native resolution.
>
> I did have some trouble with VMWare, with window resizing of the Win11
> overall OS window. This causes the res to be slightly off and leads
> to fuzzy fonts.

> frame buffer running at native resolution. It doesn't
> have to fill the screen, to do that. a 1440x900 can run a
> 1024x768 session.

Strange thing is it only seems to run at 8 bit, host is 32 bit colors, yet guess os is only in 8 bit mode ? weird.

There may be an additional font issue in Delphi 10.4 vs Delphi 11:

https://landgraf.dev/en/high-dpi-support-in-delphi-11-and-why-does-it-matter/

However other fonts in Windows 11 seem washed out as well like in Edge.

I may have to make some screenshots later to convince you and others ! ;)

Windows 7 vs Windows 11
Firefox vs Edge
Delphi 10.3 vs Delphi 10.4
Maybe I will even installed Delphi 10.3 in windows 11 and maybe even Delphi 11 just to get to the bottom of this.

For now I believe windows 11 has a washed out look/problem.

At first glance it looks ok, but after a few minutes it starts to get annoying and tiring on the eyes.

Bye for now,
Skybuck.

Re: WINDOWS 11 HAS MAJOR FONT ISSUES (VMWARE)

<1e7f26f8-74f0-40b8-b93d-dbcb26a07baan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=547&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#547

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2021 11:32:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: skybuck2000@hotmail.com (skybuck2000)
 by: skybuck2000 - Thu, 4 Nov 2021 18:32 UTC

> Try tpm.msc inside your virtual machine.

Tried it.

> Does it say you have a TPM present ?

Yes it takes a while to load, multiple copies were loaded because I clicked so many times.

> Now install the VMWare Tools.
>
> Use tpm.msc panel again. Does it
> say there is a TPM now ?

Yes, I only checked after I installed VMWare tools.

I may check later on the other VM

Why does TPM interest you so much ?

The version was 2.something.
> I don't know all the details, but I recommend for a Win11
> install that you inspect the hardware facilities for flaws.
> A missing TPM would be one of them. tpm.msc can help you
> determine there is a VMWare software TPM or not. Fortunately,
> VMWare does not do passthru for its TPM. It is possible when
> VirtualBox releases their TPM support, it will be a passthru
> version (not software, will depend on motherboard TPM). In
> such a case then, VirtualBox might not be as good, on the
> TPM topic.

I dont see how a missing TPM would be graphics or font issue related ! Sometimes you weird Paul ! =D

Bye for now,
Skybuck

Re: WINDOWS 11 HAS MAJOR FONT ISSUES (VMWARE)

<sm1nmc$ik2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=549&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#549

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2021 18:43:17 -0400
 by: Paul - Thu, 4 Nov 2021 22:43 UTC

On 11/4/2021 2:32 PM, skybuck2000 wrote:

> I dont see how a missing TPM would be graphics or font issue related ! Sometimes you weird Paul ! =D

The reason I insist on this, is Microsoft cannot "turn down
updates" to your install, if you follow the rules. That's
what all this care and attention to detail is for. So
the Windows 11 you install, *lasts*.

That's what I noticed when I tested. It looked like a good
platform for a VM that would be sticking around.

VMWare seems to have a bit of trouble resizing the frame
around the desktop window, and if you thought the window was
running 1024x768, instead it is running at a weird value
close to those numbers. It has trouble precisely hitting
the required value. This can mess up the fonts.

If you can get Windows to cause the VMWare frame to adjust
itself, that increases the odds of getting a precise screen
setting. If instead you grab a corner of the VMWare window
and start pulling on it... you're doomed to a messy screen.
Use the Windows Display Resolution setting to try to get
VMWare to behave itself.

Installing the Additions that a hosting software comes with,
is intended to put a lame but operational driver in place.
And that may help with the appearance of the screen. You
don't really want to be running the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter
driver for the next five years. That would suck. The resolution
setting on that is jammed.

Paul

Re: WINDOWS 11 HAS MAJOR FONT ISSUES (VMWARE)

<65a9b090-3f26-4362-9f2c-7035213824c7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=607&group=alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt#607

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 10:34:24 -0800 (PST)
From: skybuck2000@hotmail.com (skybuck2000)
 by: skybuck2000 - Mon, 22 Nov 2021 18:34 UTC

22 november 2021:

Yesterday I was in the virtual windows 11 again and trying to optimize performance a bit.

I discovered these performance settings and turned everything off, like font smoothing and shadows under fonts... that can't of thing.

Related to themes/visuals, I think I found it via right click start button, and then settings, or systems, and advanced settings and then peformance settings or something.

After clicking "optimize for performane".. everything was turned off and I NOTICED:

The TEXT/FONTS became much SHARPER/CRISPIER so this may HELP to avoid shaddyness and vagueness/anti-aliased look.

Thought it was worth mentioning it here.

I am considering installing Windows 11 to a USB drive, even though USB port 2.0 is slow and would make windows loading slow at least the CPU should run it faster because it's not in VMWare anymore...

However this laptop most likely does not have TPM 2.0 or any TPM ? very maybe TPM 1.0.

So then I would need a work around for TPM issue...

Not sure what I would run into...

Installing Windows 11 on machine without TPM ? Sounds hard, then again maybe not... I have seen some regedit work arounds.

I was not too impressed with Delphi 10.4 when it comes to GIT...

Akward usage, have to use pop-up menu and then click git and then click commit.

3 clicks at least... and then all it does is git add . and git commit.

Hmmm two little commands done automatic... mhoaw.. maybe not worth the trouble ! =D

But then at least I would have a good working Delphi IDE and maybe I can test windows 11 so more... not sure if I want too.

Another thing on my mind is the broken 3D chip... not sure if the installation of windows 11 will work with a broken 3D chip.

That would be an interesting TEST though.

But that reminds me... first I wanted to try and see if there is a special graphics driver for this build in INTEL GPU into the CPU...

Maybe that will give back some 3D possibilities like running 3D games again or at least get some visuals instead of just black screen in some games.

Bye for now,
Skybuck.

computers / alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt / Re: WINDOWS 11 HAS MAJOR FONT ISSUES (VMWARE)