From: brian.jordan9@btinternet.com (Brian Jordan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Subject: Web Wonder in a Pi
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 21:00:09 +0100
 by: Brian Jordan - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 20:00 UTC

A recent discussion on the Archive Online mailing list has piqued my
interest in using David Snell's Web Wonder program again as I have copies
of v2, v4 and v5 all registered to me with the same serial number.
Attempting to start any of these versions results in a "Application is
not 32-bit compatible" message; v5 (5.00d) then runs if Aemulor is loaded
while the older versions just won't play at all and sulk.
I see that !Store is offering v7.02 for 60 of my hard earned but before I
take the plunge I wonder if anyone is running the latest version on a Pi
and if so is Aemulor required? Second, do registered users of past
versions qualify for a discount? All replies other than "Ask Andrew"
gratefully recieved I will of course ask him if necessary but bearing in
mind that he is a very busy man I'll avoid that for the moment.

Brian Jordan
RISC OS 5.28 (19-Oct-20) on Raspberry Pi

Re: Web Wonder in a Pi

<594f38bceacvjazz@waitrose.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=598&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#598

From: cvjazz@waitrose.com (Chris Newman)
Subject: Re: Web Wonder in a Pi
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 00:21:17 +0100
 by: Chris Newman - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 23:21 UTC

In article <594f2652b2brian.jordan9@btinternet.com>, Brian Jordan
<brian.jordan9@btinternet.com> wrote:
> A recent discussion on the Archive Online mailing list has piqued my
> interest in using David Snell's Web Wonder program again as I have
> copies of v2, v4 and v5 all registered to me with the same serial
> number. Attempting to start any of these versions results in a
> "Application is not 32-bit compatible" message; v5 (5.00d) then runs if
> Aemulor is loaded while the older versions just won't play at all and
> sulk. I see that !Store is offering v7.02 for 60 of my hard earned but
> before I take the plunge I wonder if anyone is running the latest
> version on a Pi and if so is Aemulor required? Second, do registered
> users of past versions qualify for a discount? All replies other than
> "Ask Andrew" gratefully recieved I will of course ask him if necessary
> but bearing in mind that he is a very busy man I'll avoid that for the
> moment.

I have version 7.02 and it seems to work fine on the Pi4 with R 5.28
without Aemulor. I already had an older copy and IIRC Andrew gave me a
small discount. Worth contacting him.

--
Chris Newman

Re: Web Wonder in a Pi

<594f6fc0a6Paul@sprie.nl>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=599&group=comp.sys.acorn.apps#599

From: Paul@sprie.nl (Paul Sprangers)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 11:22:12 +0200 (Custom)
 by: Paul Sprangers - Wed, 21 Jul 2021 09:22 UTC

In article <594f2652b2brian.jordan9@btinternet.com>,
Brian Jordan <brian.jordan9@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Attempting to start any of these versions results in a "Application is
> not 32-bit compatible" message; v5 (5.00d) then runs if Aemulor is loaded
> while the older versions just won't play at all and sulk.

On my Pi4 (4té), version 5.00d runs nicely without the need of Aemulor.
Nevertheless, I might be interested in an upgrade discount, if there is
one.

Kind regards,
Paul Sprangers