From: kyuzo@tenno.com (kyuzo)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Subject: Backup system
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2024 18:01:15 +0100
 by: kyuzo - Thu, 8 Feb 2024 17:01 UTC

Hi evrybody,
What's your favourite backup system in Mageia?
I save my backup in an external hddisc with BACKUP-MANAGER.
It transfer a daily compressed backup with incremental method, so for
every directory I have a master one and a series of updates ones if
there is a change in the directory.
There isn't a method for restoring, in case of a catastrophic situation,
I should copy the master and then every update to the original destination.
Do you know a better tool to work with backup?
Thanks in advance!

Re: Backup system

<uq3999$23i8h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5986&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#5986

From: unruh@invalid.ca (William Unruh)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Subject: Re: Backup system
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2024 19:15:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: William Unruh - Thu, 8 Feb 2024 19:15 UTC

On 2024-02-08, kyuzo <kyuzo@tenno.com> wrote:
> Hi evrybody,
> What's your favourite backup system in Mageia?
> I save my backup in an external hddisc with BACKUP-MANAGER.
> It transfer a daily compressed backup with incremental method, so for
> every directory I have a master one and a series of updates ones if
> there is a change in the directory.
> There isn't a method for restoring, in case of a catastrophic situation,
> I should copy the master and then every update to the original destination.
> Do you know a better tool to work with backup?
> Thanks in advance!

rsync, using for example rsnapshot. It has the advantages of an
incremental backup (one files which have changed are stored separately.
The others are hard linked.) with the advantge that every backup is a
full backup of the date on which the backup was made. So you restore by
going to the last backup and copying it. That's it.