From: unruh@invalid.ca (William Unruh)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Subject: button push icon not sorking
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2024 03:33:28 -0000 (UTC)
 by: William Unruh - Thu, 1 Feb 2024 03:33 UTC

I wrote a small script which does a direct output of sound around zoom,
or sneds the sound through zoom ( for purpose of accurate transmission
of music without zoom's noise reduction filters)

It is supposed to work by, when I click the desktop icon, it runs
pacmd load-module module-loopback ;
and changes the icon, and if I click
it again it runs
pacmd unload-module module-loopback ;
and changes back the icon. Now it works if I remove the mouse from the
icon between those clicks before putting it back on again before the
next click. But if I leave the mouse on the icon, it does not work.

This seems strange behaviour. Is it expected behaviour or is it a bug?

Re: button push icon not sorking

<op.2ihai6fea3w0dxdave@hodgins.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5980&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#5980

From: dwhodgins@nomail.afraid.org (David W. Hodgins)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Subject: Re: button push icon not sorking
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2024 14:46:08 -0500
 by: David W. Hodgins - Thu, 1 Feb 2024 19:46 UTC

On Wed, 31 Jan 2024 22:33:28 -0500, William Unruh <unruh@invalid.ca> wrote:

> I wrote a small script which does a direct output of sound around zoom,
> or sneds the sound through zoom ( for purpose of accurate transmission
> of music without zoom's noise reduction filters)
>
> It is supposed to work by, when I click the desktop icon, it runs
> pacmd load-module module-loopback ;
> and changes the icon, and if I click
> it again it runs
> pacmd unload-module module-loopback ;
> and changes back the icon. Now it works if I remove the mouse from the
> icon between those clicks before putting it back on again before the
> next click. But if I leave the mouse on the icon, it does not work.
>
> This seems strange behaviour. Is it expected behaviour or is it a bug?

That's normal behaviour. Many people are used to double clicking on things
to open them, so additional clicks without moving off/on the icon are
intentionally ignored.

Regards, Dave Hodgins

Re: button push icon not sorking

<uph4jh$28e5g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5981&group=alt.os.linux.mageia#5981

From: unruh@invalid.ca (William Unruh)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2024 22:05:37 -0000 (UTC)
 by: William Unruh - Thu, 1 Feb 2024 22:05 UTC

On 2024-02-01, David W. Hodgins <dwhodgins@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Jan 2024 22:33:28 -0500, William Unruh <unruh@invalid.ca> wrote:
>
>> I wrote a small script which does a direct output of sound around zoom,
>> or sneds the sound through zoom ( for purpose of accurate transmission
>> of music without zoom's noise reduction filters)
>>
>> It is supposed to work by, when I click the desktop icon, it runs
>> pacmd load-module module-loopback ;
>> and changes the icon, and if I click
>> it again it runs
>> pacmd unload-module module-loopback ;
>> and changes back the icon. Now it works if I remove the mouse from the
>> icon between those clicks before putting it back on again before the
>> next click. But if I leave the mouse on the icon, it does not work.
>>
>> This seems strange behaviour. Is it expected behaviour or is it a bug?
>
> That's normal behaviour. Many people are used to double clicking on things
> to open them, so additional clicks without moving off/on the icon are
> intentionally ignored.

I could understand that if the second click came say up to 1 second
after the first, but half an hour seems a bit excessive. And triple or
hextuple clicks ignored also seems a bit excessive.