From: Ar@127.0.0.1 (Ar)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Subject: Darktable not copying EXIF to GIMP
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 13:12:29 +0000
 by: Ar - Fri, 26 Jan 2024 13:12 UTC

I have seen this "bug" doing the rounds wile searching for a solution,
but I don't know if it's something the developers did, or compile by
Mageia team.

Basically, you load a RAW image in to Darktable to process the image.
The imported image does show ALL the camera EXIF. On export to GIMP
(closing Darktable), none of the EXIF is present with the image - it's
been stripped.

This problem has existed since my clean install of Mageia 9 over
Christmas 2023. x86_64.

Checking the data of the last known images that had the EXIF, the data
shows;
GIMP 2.10.36 (current version - as was in Mageia8)
Darktable 3.8.0 (last version in Mageia 8)
Darktable 4.4.2 (current version in Mageia 9)

Clearly there's something wrong with Darktable. I have renamed the
directory of home/user/.cache/darktable so the application re-created
the directory, but it made no difference. The settings to export EXIF
are ticked, but it does not.

There's no bug reported in Magia Bugzilla for this. Is it a Mageia or
other problem?

I look like an idiot as there are hundreds of images uploaded to photo
sharing website with no data at all - including data-time taken, and
it's only then I found out what's going on. All the affected edited
images is after the Mageia 9 clean install.