From: unruh@invalid.ca (William Unruh)
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mageia
Subject: Zoom 5.17.1.1840
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 19:31:54 -0000 (UTC)
 by: William Unruh - Sun, 21 Jan 2024 19:31 UTC

I have been having trouble with the latest zoom zoom_x86_64-5.17.1.1840.rpm
I am using it on Mageia 8 latest update, on an Asus motherboard with
VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation CoffeeLake-S GT2 [UHD Graphics 630]

If I open up the chat , suddenly the behaviour of the graphics becomes
horrible. It grabs about 1/5 of a second worth of display, and just
keeps repeating it on the zoom display. So everyone's images look like
they have just suffered a grand mal seizure, Lips open and shut rapidly,
hands wave back and forth and the image never changes from that, unless
I move the whole screen image of the zoom, at whichpoint it refreshes to
the present. But when I stop moving the zoom screen image, it goes back
into that loop with the newest image present when I stopped moving the
screen. It is supremely annoying. The sound is fine. The buttons on the
zoom screen initiate the actions they are supposed to do even though
nothing changes on the visual display of the button.

Has anyone else seen something like this? Ie, it seems as though the
display hardware or software has gone nuts. Unfortunately I do not zoom
that often so this is hard to test out. I have now downgraded zoom
(really hard to do since the company only has the latest version
available, as if bugs are non-existant and noone ever has to go back to
an older version ) and I will see if that works.

Anyway. any clues as to what could be happening? And how to fix?